Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss What would you do with Treasure Island? in the News & Rumors forums; I know Lou said he would post a thread about this in this past weeks show, but I can not seem to find it. That being said if this is ...
    LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

What would you do with Treasure Island?

I know Lou said he would post a thread about this in this past weeks show, but I can not seem to find it. That being said if this is duplicate someone please move this thread or let me know where the original is and I will move my post.

If I was the CEO with unlimited funds and could re-do Treasure Island, I would probably make it more of a villian themed area. It would include Villian Meet and Greets as well as restaurants and shows. I would definately try to keep the park dark even during the day.

Since everything in Disney has a theme or story behind it, this would be no different. The story would be that all the Villians were exiled to the island and the boat and crew that took them there was never seen again. You the traveler\guest have and your crew (other people on the boat with you) are headed back to the island to try and find out what happened to the first boat. While there you travel and explore the island meeting villians along the way and try to find the crew that bought them there.

While I have not worked out all the details, I think a dark park with a villian theme would be great and while it may not have to many rides, I think shows, stores, food, meet and greets, and atmosphere would be great.

I also think that maybe keeping the same theme would be good but include a volcano on the island that towers up. Guests could go to the top and look over the lake in all directions, maybe have a restaurant up there or something. The top of the volcano would also have to have some sort of working smoke or steam stack coming from it. At night from the top there would be a fireworks show, that would make it look like the volcano is erupting or something.

Just my thoughts...
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    I like the idea of getting there by boat, but wouldn't that have the crowd problems the Tom sawyer Island boats have with lots of people?
    -Zac

There are some kinks that may need to be worked out. Maybe an alternate way there as well. I want to keep the place "unattached" so it seems that the Villians can not get off the Island. If there is a monorail or train, what is to stop them from taking over the station and a train once it reaches the island?

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQx4 View Post
    If there is a monorail or train, what is to stop them from taking over the station and a train once it reaches the island?
    What would stop them from taking over the shuttle boats?

Like I said in my original post that there were some kinks that needed to be worked out. I wanted to just get this idea thrown out and see how people liked it.

Since people have shown some interest I figured I would give it a little more thought. I have not figured out a good way to prevent them from taking over the docks but if there was a train they could theoretically just walk the tracks which would be easier.

At the docks I had an idea of a somewhat electrical type fence. I would just be a wall of light but the story behind is it is one way. One could walk onto the island through this electrical wall but would be shocked when trying to walk back through. Once you enter the park and have your ticket checked your hand gets stamped, and the stamp allows access back through the gate. (note: this is story line purposes only) This way the villians wouldnt have a stamped hand (and it wouldnt show up on green skin... lol).

I also figured that certain "Heroes" could watch the gate at the villian park to. Maybe the Incredibles, Bolt, Hercules could watch over the port. This would make for a Meet and Greet with Heroes on the island as well villians. It would be a great way to incorporate other characters as well. The heroes are there to just keep watch\patrol the island.

Thats all for now...

I like your idea of the Heros gaurding the gates. Kind of like the Titans being locked in the Underworld. That whole area could have a sort of creepy feel. Not too scary, but like that of MNSSHP. With eerie music playing and fog swirling at your feet.

I think it would be cool if half of the park would be devoted to the Villans and the other half would be devoted to the Heros. The Villan's half would have moss and dead looking trees everywhere, whith creepy music playing. On the Hero's half, would be bright and vibrant colors, with epic and triumphant music playing. They could have a rollercoaster based on the scene in Aladdin, where he is trying to escape the Cave Of Wonders. Or a Buzz Lightyear Rollercoaster would be cool. Maybe a "Tarzan River Expedtion", that takes place in the dark would be a hit. A "Hades' Dueling Titans" Rollercoaster would be awesome, With the two coaster resembling The Hydra and Cerberes. There could be a "Clayton's Shootin Arcade", like the one in Fronteirland. If you remember, Disney came out with a clothes and toy line called "Adventurers". It was all about Peter Pan, Buzz, Tarzan, Aladdin and Hercules. Along with all of their arch enimies. If the whole park was themed to that, it would be really cool!!

Just my thoughts. As you can see, I like to dream!!!
    -Zac

Hmm, I like that idea of a split park between the heroes and villians. It would also be a good way for "rare" characters to come out.

ncstatefan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love it! They could use a boat like those ferryboats going from the TTA to Magic Kingdom, but themed differently. The only problem that I can really think of, is if there is enough land. The volcano would probably fit because the one at Tokyo DisneySea is just a bit more than an acre, but I think that it could never become a fifth park(I don't think that you would want it to be). Does anyone know if they still have that pirate ship there? That could be awesome themeing for a Peter Pan & Captain Hook ride/show.
    ncstatefan

2004-Wilderness Lodge
    2008-Polynesian Resort

Welcome to the boards ncstatefan!! I like your avatar. It's cool!!
    -Zac

Welcome to the boards ncstatefan. I like the pirate ship idea, maybe have King Triton in water somewhere patrolling, maybe an animatronic triton or something. This way the water and island are both patrolled. The boats would pass by him on the way to the island.