Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Why do threads with no new posts sometimes pop up in subscribed threads? in the News & Rumors forums; This happens to me from time to time and I wonder if there is anything I can do about it. What I mean is this: when I open my user ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Why do threads with no new posts sometimes pop up in subscribed threads?

This happens to me from time to time and I wonder if there is anything I can do about it. What I mean is this: when I open my user control panel sometimes a thread is there but there is no new post. Sometimes my post is the last one, sometimes it is another person's post. It can be something from a few days ago and sometimes it's much older. Does anyone know why that happens?
    Last edited by elvistelth; 01-17-2009 at 01:21 PM.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    This happens to me from time to time and I wonder if there is anything I can do about it. What I mean isthis: when I open my user control panel sometimes a thread is there but there is no new post. Sometimes my post is the last one, sometimes it is another person's post. It can be something from a few days ago and sometimes it's much older. Does anyone know why that happens?
    If the thread happens to contain a poll, a person voting in the poll will result in a "new post" being created even though nothing was written.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I think it's also happened with threads that didn't have a poll.

BTW, thanks for your answer.