Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Water It's going up! in the News & Rumors forums; And since most of us drink water at the parks especially during the hot day time hours..... ` from All Ears News Bites: "Beverage Price Increases: As we are updating ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Exclamation Water It's going up!

And since most of us drink water at the parks especially during the hot day time hours.....

` from All Ears News Bites:

"Beverage Price Increases: As we are updating menu prices recently we have noticed beverage prices increasing. Bottled water is going from $2.00 to $2.50, while the prices of soft drinks seems to be increasing by a dime across the board -- for example, that Coke that used to cost $2.39 now costs $2.49"

Now that is some increase given the current economy.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Unfortunately, they have been raising prices on all food and drink the past two years. Some tips, ask for ice water at any fountain service. This water has been complimentary. Don't like the taste, carry those little packets of crystal light. Another hydration option is the camel-baks. Put ice and water in before leaving for the park. The ice will keep it cool. Of course, you could always do like one of my fraternity brothers did and fill with beer. You won't be hydrated, but you'll be sloshed. I hate to say beat the system at WDW, but I do feel like I have been nickeled, dimed, and dollared the past few years.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I have noticed the price of water has gone up. I kept looking for the $2.00 bottle of water and realized that there doesn't seem to BE a $2.00 bottle of water. At least the higher price of water will make you THINK before you toss out a bottle that you didn't finish.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Wow. That's a huge price increase. Does this water now come with a gold cap or something?
    ~Ashleigh

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    I'm sure the price of water was only increased to "enhance the guest experience".

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    theyre doing the same thing that my school does...the price of water is higher than the price of a soft drink. so much for healthy living!
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    theyre doing the same thing that my school does...the price of water is higher than the price of a soft drink. so much for healthy living!
    So I now need to budget $40.00/day for water instead of $30/day for my family, for water. Water? Water? Come on.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Wow. That's a huge price increase. Does this water now come with a gold cap or something?
    One could only hope. I guess the soft drink industry (and those that sell bottled water) looks at it that we've all been stupid enough to buy bottled water for years, so they'll just keep pushing the envelope till we stop buying it and either bring our own water or start learning to drink from water fountains again.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MagicMom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Take a cab to the grocery store near DTD. We always buy a case or two of water once we arrive and keep it in the mini-fridge. We grab a few before we go and we don't have to buy it in the parks.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Whenever possible we got to Publix and buy a few bottles of water. Then we refill our bottles from the water fountain.

After hiking through Nepal in high school and having to drink water that had been sanitized with both boiling AND chlorine tablets, there is no safe drinking water that I find tastes too nasty for me to drink.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    I do not think my family has ever bought a bottle of water. We bring a case from home then put in our freezer at the hotel room. Save us some money. But we do get pop a lot but it is coke products so you can keep the caps and for the coke rewards. But that is sad that it went up. Anyways can someone explain what a dime is going to do for them??
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Order an Ice Water from a counter-service restaurant. ITS FREE!

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Water It's going up!

the price right now is way too much
    J&J

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Water It's going up!

They have water fountains........ I figure it's a no brainer there.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!