Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss D23 Mystery Solved?! in the News & Rumors forums; I know I might get in trouble from the WDW Radio gods but I just had to post this! The mystery behind Disney’s “Are you 23?” viral question is quickly ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

D23 Mystery Solved?!

I know I might get in trouble from the WDW Radio gods but I just had to post this!

The mystery behind Disney’s “Are you 23?” viral question is quickly unraveling leading up to the March 10 reveal date.
    At least one Barnes & Noble store has put out the new quarterly “Disney Twenty Three” magazine a few days earlier than they were supposed to and DC blog reader Joseph has sent me the details about it.

A membership to the new D23 fan club includes:
    • A membership card with a personalized charter member certificate with characters drawn by David Pacheco
    • A surprise collectible gift for D23 members from the new Walt Disney Archives collection
    • Exclusive special events and merchandise opportunities
    • Discounted admission to the D23 Expo on 9/10-9/13/09 in Anaheim, CA
    That’s right, an official Disney convention for fans will be taking place in or near Disneyland from Sept. 10-13, 2009, one day after the 40th Anniversary event for The Haunted Mansion. Note that being a member of D23 only grants you discounted admission, which means the event will be open to anyone willing to pay to attend.
    The new magazine costs $15.95 and comes out four times a year. The premiere issue’s cover contains a photo of Walt Disney looking through the camera and the back cover is black with a quote from Walt that reads, “It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell”.

Articles inside the photo filled 12″x12″ glossy magazine include:
    • The Disney Archives
    • The Anne Liebovitz photo’s article
    • Through Tim Burtons Looking Glass
    • The Suite Story - Disney Gallery & Castle Suite
    • On top of the World - cooking article
    • Finding Pixar
    • UP
    • Sleeping Beauty Reawakens in the castle
    • Writing the Next Chapter- Book article
    • Little Mermaid on Broadway
    • Spirit of 23- About Walt & company history
    I just checked my local Barnes & Noble and there was no sign of the magazine yet, as it’s not supposed to be placed on newsstands until March 10 when the official D23 announcement is made at the Disney shareholder’s meeting.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    Thanks for solving the mystery.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I wonder what persuaded them to bring back a print magazine. I thought a part of why they discontinued the Disney Magazine was because of the availability of the information via the internet.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    :\ im not sure i like this yet.... I like the magazine, but what about the people who can't just fly out to disneyland on a whim? I guess we'll see when we get the magazine...

EDIT: I actually found the magazine today at Barnes&Nobles and I've REALLY enjoyed it so far!!!!! It is pretty cool, and the site sounds like it's going to be good too, but Like i said, let's hope that the memberships aren't $1000000000 and there are benefits for people who can't make it to the convention..... we'll see in less than 2 days!!
    Last edited by Disney2000; 03-08-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Got the magazine!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

darkimage4 is offline A-Ticket holder
    So, perhaps I'm having a bit of a brain back-up right now...but exactly does the "23" relate to?

EDIT - Nevermind
    Last edited by darkimage4; 03-10-2009 at 11:54 AM.

disney dreamin is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: D23 Mystery Solved?!

Membership is about 75 and I read next four expos are in Cali. Anyone out there thinking of joining??

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

Re: D23 Mystery Solved?!

If it was $75 for a lifetime membership, I probably would....But for one year? Not in the budget.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10