Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Diversity at Disney June 2-8 2009 in the News & Rumors forums; WDW will be very diverse on the week of June 2-8 because it is the annunal Gay Days. Disney does not offically sponser the events but there will be many ...
    Bigbro501 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Diversity at Disney June 2-8 2009

WDW will be very diverse on the week of June 2-8 because it is the annunal Gay Days. Disney does not offically sponser the events but there will be many GLBT in and around the theme parks.

June 6, 2009 there will be a lot of GLBTcouples in the Magic Kingdom. If you don't want to be subjected to this maybe you should go to another park during the day. The GLBT crowd usually thins out in the late afternoon after the parade from my experience. I have gone for the last 8 years and will be there this year. You may see GLBT holding hands but other then that I have never seen anything that is indecent or inapporiate. It seems like this day is one of the happiest days of the year. If you are in the Magic Kingdom park on June 6, 2009 you may want to avoid wearing RED. RED=DIVERSITY

I don't want to offend anyone with this post I just want everyone to know what to expect if you will be at WDW during this time. As I said I will be there!

Sean
    Last edited by Bigbro501; 04-16-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: taking out "same ***"
    Keep Swimming...Swimming...Swimming

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Diversity at Disney June 2-8 2009

For, against, neutral?... doesn't really matter. Any group that adds an extra 15k guests to a park is worth avoiding and visiting another park to avoid the crowds and wait times.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for the heads up Sean, and as a straight male who has been to Disney during Gay Days before, I would agree with his comment about not seeing anything more than couples holding hands, and I hardly noticed that (to much else to look at in Disney to pay attention to that).

I plan on being in Disney during that time period again this year, and have already checked out the calendar of events so I can avoid the crowds associated with the Days. I may be wrong, but I think the schedule calls for HS on Thursday, AK on Friday, MK of Saturday and Epcot on Sunday.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Bigbro501 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Animal Kingdom on Thursday June 4th
    Hollywood Studios on Friday June 5th
    Magic Kingdom on Saturday June 6th
    Epcot on Sunday June 7th

Epcot is my favorite day. I will be in World Showcase around 11 am to start in Mexico and go on my drinking around the world!!
    Keep Swimming...Swimming...Swimming

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Another thing, wear whatever color you want on vacation.