Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Christmas trip, anyone have tips for me?? in the News & Rumors forums; My husband and I have decided to go on a Christmas trip to get away this Christmas. You know how hectic families can be, right?? We are trying to decide ...
    cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder

Christmas trip, anyone have tips for me??

My husband and I have decided to go on a Christmas trip to get away this Christmas. You know how hectic families can be, right?? We are trying to decide the best time to go...we were thinking the 23-27. Anyone have any other suggestions??

I also wanted to know about park hours, if they are good or not and also the weather during that time.

I will appreciate anyone who can give me some suggestions! I'm sooooo excited we are going back so soon!!!!

The week between Christmas and New Year's is one of the busiest of the year, but it is so magical that it doesn't matter to me! They do tend to have longer park hours than normal "winter" hours due to the crowds. As long as you go with the right attitude and enjoy it for what it is worth...you will be fine! After all you will be spending Christmas at WDW!!! What could be better than that?!?! Have a wonderful trip! By the way....if you plan on being at the MK on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, get there EARLY!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Check out the Christmas gingerbread displays at the Yacht and Beach club and the Grand Floridian.

Also go to a few of the other resorts and check out the decorations.

If they have the Very Merry Christmas Party going on one nite check that out.

One of the water parks might be closed for rehab during December

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    Christmas-NY week is crowded. If you go really early you can do all the attractions you want to. Then by the afternoon when the crowds are at their max. you can go back to your hotel and relaxe.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    My tip.... Just have as much fun as possible.. It will not last forever and you will soon return to the **** of everday life.... and I'm totally jealous that you are skipping out on the toture of families on the holidays and going "home"!!!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My tips:

Expect that crowds will be huge and you won't be able to see every attraction... and don't let it bother you.

Focus your attention instead on the holiday special events -- Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party...check out the event schedules before you go.

There is enough to just look at with the holiday decorations all over the World to keep you busy for your whole trip.

Have fun, and keep everything in perspective. You're lucky enough to be at Disney for Christmas!!!

cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking

We revised our dates. I think we are going to finalize our dates to December 17-24. I think that this will give us a great trip. I think it will be long enough too that we will get to see everything we want to see.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by cfielder
    We revised our dates. I think we are going to finalize our dates to December 17-24. I think that this will give us a great trip. I think it will be long enough too that we will get to see everything we want to see.

Word of Warning: Trips to WDW are never long enough, you always leave without seeing something that you had wanted to!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

minnie0329 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have a wonderful time, the flowers are beautiful... try to get tickets for the Mickey's Merry Christmas Party... I think it's well worth the extra...and a pretty neat surprise on Main Street... !!!

Going in December !!! woo hoo !!