Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Do you know people who don't like Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; My inlaws don't get it at all but then again, they don't really get the vacation idea. They like to travel across country (or did) and see things but as ...
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Do you know people who don't like Disney?

My inlaws don't get it at all but then again, they don't really get the vacation idea. They like to travel across country (or did) and see things but as long as they were cheap. So they sure don't get the amount of money it takes. My BIL likes it for the kids but he is such a stick in the mud I wouldn't want to go with him. His wife planned their Christmas trip at Thanksgiving. I am thinking there wasn't a lot of planning.

My brother lives in Orlando so he sure gets it. My mom doesn't like it very much anymore but its the amount of walking and she says we don't interact as we are doing the Disney thing. Well, I'm not going to sit around and stare at each other which is what she usually wants to do.

Coworkers don't get it but they don't look at me strange. My friend goes to Las Vegas every year and spends at least as much as we do in Orlando but no one seems to mind that! Just depends on how you look at it. My hubby gets it but would like to see somewhere else- gasp! The kids are Disney children. The youngest is already saving up pennies for the "next" trip.

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Um.. I cant say that I know people who don't like Disney. But I know a lot of people who know nothing about it and think that its for little kids. I recently planned my Honeymoon (which is at Disney) my parents think its cool but his parents think its dumb. Which kind of upsets me. And you cant really explain to them that its one of the top honeymoon spots because they just think that honeymooning is about relaxing, which it is; but, I can relax at Disney, spend time with my new husband and experience the magic of Disney at the same time. To me that beats laying in a hammock in Hawaii. I don't have fun at oceans anyways, and when I get to Disney I will have a beach right outside my room with an island.

lizardlynn92 is offline D-Ticket Holder

At school, whenever I have to write about something, I usually always find a way to write about disney. Then I always start convo's with my friends about WDW and there is always one person who hates it. They say things like " boring and for babies" and I always get super mad and defense becuase Disney world is like my second home. But, I dont care what they say, cuz at the end of the day, I love disney.

Four Parks
    One World

There is just one moon
    and one Golden Sun
    And a smile means
    friendship to
    everyone

End007 is offline B-Ticket Holder

My mom and I go to the park and talk on the swings every weekend and about 90% of the talks is about Disney world, we simply love it. We talk about past trips or the one coming up the end of august. We talk so much that my friend hates me for it haha, but he also loves disney though.
    Last edited by End007; 07-23-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    End007

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

My boss can find anything wrong with a disney movie, even if there isn't. But he liked Up. And it was amazing that he said it was a great movie. He's going to Disney World for the first time at the end of the year with his wife and young daughter.

I agree with "to each his own", too
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

I've got a friend who took his family to WDW 4 or 5 years ago. When he got back I asked him how he liked it? He said he was glad that trip was over and he would never go back. I was and am still confused why he feels that way. But he took his family to Cedar Point in Ohio and he loved it and has been back a couple more times. I've never been to Cedar Point so I can't say anything pro or con about it. But what I've seen on Travel Channel is that it's all about coasters. If you are all about coasters then WDW is probably not the place for you. If you are into returning to your childhood and feeling magic in the air then WDW is the place to be!

I've often told many of my friends that WDW is the only place that can pull many $$$$ out of your wallet very quickly and as soon as you leave you can't wait to go back and do it again.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Jenocallaghan is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband doesn't like it very much. He doesn't understand why I listen to parade music in the car or why I watch ride through on you tube. So itell him it's because he hasn't taken me there for 5 years!! He will go back I'm sure and once he's there it will be fine but in the mean time he just thinks I'm nuts. X

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My best friend has 3 young kids and he HATES Disney. I would love for our families to go on a mutual trip but it just isn't his thing. That's fine. A friend doesn't need to have all of the same interests as me. We've been friends since 1984 and we have enough in common that this doesn't matter at all. It's not heresy to dislike Disney; at least not to me. I'd feel foolish to try and "convert" him. On the same token I'd be really annoyed with him if he tried to get me to watch American Idol.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

almost all of my friends either isn't that into Disney or theres about 5 that don't like it at all...

they tell me it's for little kids, one of my friends keep telling me about how bad walt was like smoked, cursed, and hated jews (and I'm jewish so thats the one he likes to use against me) but I just keep annoying them with Disney facts and songs.
    I CONVERTED ONE TO OUR SIDE!! SHE SEE'S THE DISNEY LIGHT (I'm sounding like it's a religion, lol)
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

My younger sister came back from WDW and Seaworld with her husband and 2 girls vowing to never go back. Our folks took us to WDW as kids. I remember most of the trip but my sister who is a few years younger than me didnt remember that trip. But she looked forward to visiting Orlando area for a couple days while visiting his parents who winter in Ft. Myers.

But they did everything wrong that thay could do wrong. First they went in the spring time at the height of Spring Break and when the latin and south americans are also there in droves, all the above acting like animals.

They only planed on 2 days in Orlando including travel time from and back to Ft Myers. Stayed off property and checked into the motel first. And had the idea that you just drove a few minutes into WDW property and would be in the MK in 5 minutes....lol WRONG!!! They only allowed themselves the 1 day in MK and the next at Seaworld. Well they didnt get into MK until @ 1pm and had only planned to stay untill 6pm. His folks are the typical old foggies. Eat supper at 4pm and in bed by 7pm, so that was the scheduel they had to work around. The other problem which is both sad and unfortunet is his mother was at that time in the early stages of senility and she had no inner monologue. So when she saw children or adults acting badly she was very vocal about it which caused a number of embarassing situations for the rest of their group. So they only saw Main Street and Fanatasyland, rode Small World and Dumbo and left.

Their next day at Seaworld went about the same only they did get an early start, but his folks wanted to be on the road right after lunch so they could be back at the old folks retirement park by 6pm. So again they spent a few hours there and didnt see but a small part of they place.

I picked them up from Logan airport and as I was driving them home, my bro -in law tells me abouth the great Disney/Seaworld trip they had. He tryed to be convincing but didnt get away with it as my sister and both kids starting to complain loudly that it was a horrible trip and all never want to go again. Im asking them did you ride "XXXXX"? "nope"....did you see "XXXX"? "Nope" Did you feed the Dolphins at the dolphin pool in Seaworld? At this point the older one starts to cry...the poor thing. That would have been the highlight of the trip for her and they missed it along with a zillion other things.

BigBee is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes, I have a friend who doesn’t like WDW because it costs too much and he doesn’t like crowd and traffic of it.
    ]

I now work at Disney World and some of my co-workers dont like Disney or kids. Why in the name of Walt do they work here? for real peoples... -_-

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Lots of people end up in jobs they don't really care for. I'm not sure what the big deal is. If they don't do a good job, they'll be fired.

It's as simple as that.

not always. Its almlost impossible to get fired from Disney -_- I have lots of co-workers that cant/dont do there jobs and hey have been here for years.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    My dad... He's a been there done that don't need to return kind of person. A lot of other people complain about cost and crowds. I know of one family that protest Disney because it is on some list that deems it immoral or something like that.
    My home school has a boycott list and disney is on it for something like that. We diden't think anything of it but some people did. We think thay are crazy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast