Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss The Pin. in the News & Rumors forums; I'm gonna reserve this thread for myself just to remind myself I gotta rewind myself... lol No I wanna tell a lame pin story but it's too late at night ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

The Pin.

I'm gonna reserve this thread for myself just to remind myself I gotta rewind myself... lol

No I wanna tell a lame pin story but it's too late at night right now and I don't wanna forget. LMMEO (Mommy taught me that ... oh wait I couldn't answer a single question in chat last night and they took em away! ) my build up reminds me of "haunted stitch"! Maybe my pin was haunted uuuwwwwww lol! Tune in. -Tampa

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I'm gonna reserve this thread for myself just to remind myself I gotta rewind myself... lol
    Firstly, apologies to Tampa for hijacking your topic!

Can I just take this random oppertunity to throw out a question to all DWT members:
    Just how much money do you think Disney are making off these things?
    My guess - A total killing!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I agree. I never got into pin trading becuase the year before they introduced the pins, they released collector coins & cards. Istarted collected them then they were discontinued! I was so mad!!! Then, when the pins came out, I just figured they would only be around for a year. Guess I was wrong huh?
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

probably millions but overall, when you're as huge as the Disney empire, I don't think you ever really turn a profit... well excpet for Disney's next of kin. With attraction constructions, emlpoyment expenses, running time costs, land irrigations, waste (oh wait WDW recycles their funk, can I have my ears back now?) film productions.. it mounts up pretty tall and, those bills to a large extent, are guarnteed. Profit is not.

So get this I jumped on the ban(band?)wagon and had baught myself 2 pins, one to keep one to trade. The one I wanted to keep was this one:

the other I gave away.

Well to make this a short story, my father used to take us to WDW religiously. It was about his only way to show us he... cared. He ****ed at everything else. Well I moved back home (mom n step dad are getting old), and found out my dad was dying of pelvic cancer. Horrible stuff right there. Well I had made it home in time to visit him a few times while conscious in the hospital and sadly, he passed and we buried him. But before we did, I was able to pin this pin on his nice suit and nothing else in the room radiated his personality more than it. It was such a gift for me to be able to be there and give it up, I was sitting there with nothing for him and it dawned on me, "that pin is in my truck".

I since then bought the same pin and gave it to my mom and explained to her it's soul intent. I was gonna get a third but then thought nah, I'll wear hers till she claims it again.

On a lighter note Him and I made it to Epcot earlier last year though he was pretty sick. A fighter, but still ill. I regret not getting a Legacy on that trip, for it was the last. I'll laugh everytime though, as we talked in the park about how serious it is for me to, breed. LOL! Yeah yeah... she'll come around.
    Last edited by Tampa; 04-23-2005 at 02:00 AM.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Touching story Tampa... Disney can really bring back a lot if great memories for families...

my grandfather passed away a year and 1/2 ago (dec 15 same day as Walt) in his coffin I placed a picture of us and wrote on the back of it the dates of my next disney trip so he could "meet" me there and my father gave him his favorite Mickey watch to wear forever.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I placed a picture of us and wrote on the back of it the dates of my next disney trip so he could "meet" me there and my father gave him his favorite Mickey watch to wear forever.

That's clever and very sweet, wish I could of done that.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe

aaawwww who made ya sad? Me? Diz?

I know what'll cheer you up...

SOME SWING!