Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Soarin' overrated? in the News & Rumors forums; Heyyy, I went on Soarin' for the first time (cause the lines were always insanely long) about a year ago, and I was'nt that impressed. I mean, the whole idea ...
    Souldier is offline B-Ticket Holder

Soarin' overrated?

Heyyy,

I went on Soarin' for the first time (cause the lines were always insanely long) about a year ago, and I was'nt that impressed. I mean, the whole idea of flying and everything is great, but the video is terribly made! it skips between a snowy mountain, and a golf course just like THAT. it totally killed the realism for me... If they do make a new video, they should really add transitions between the scenes.

it would be wayyy better and more realistic for me/
    Halloween has come and gone..

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

ADRIEN

Formerly known as Dznyfreak42

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Soarin' overrated?

I really enjoy and have since it first opened.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

For us, it is a must do and our first FP of the day.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder

I love Soarin' as well, I think there has to be a suspension of disbelief with a lot of WDW attractions, and I don't mind the cuts so much. But, saying that, I believe that a new custom Walt Disney World only Soarin' movie would be great, with the finale flying over all four parks and ending over Epcot during Illuminations.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, I enjoy Soarin' as well, but would love to see a different Soarin' concept - maybe Soarin' over America or Soarin' over the World.
    ~Ashleigh

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Soarin' is one of my favorites - and until you mentioned it, I don't think I never gave the transitions a second thought!! I too hope they get a new movie soon that would be a better representation of Walt Disney World.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

If I were to want to see the video changed at all, I'd love to see Soarin' Over America. But I'm quite content with Soarin' Over California. Even if it is in Florida, so what?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
    Heyyy,
    I went on Soarin' for the first time (cause the lines were always insanely long) about a year ago, and I was'nt that impressed. I mean, the whole idea of flying and everything is great, but the video is terribly made! it skips between a snowy mountain, and a golf course just like THAT. it totally killed the realism for me... If they do make a new video, they should really add transitions between the scenes.
    it would be wayyy better and more realistic for me/

After I went on it for the 1st time this past December I wondered what all the fuss was about. I waited over an hour to see a scratchy video about California on a speckled screen. The music is beautiful but I already knew that thanks to Live 365. My kids liked it but no one gushed about it afterwards like they usually do after a really great ride. I honestly would trade it back for Kitchen Kaberet.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I went to florida in march and I managed to convince a bunch of family members to come to Epcot with me (they had never been). I was kind of nervous they wouldnt like Soarin that much because they were kind of grumbling about the lineup and I promised it was worth it... well I shouldnt have worried because it was by far everyones favourite attraction of the day. It was the only attraction all day that anyone asked to go on again... definetly a favourite! I've never even payed attention to the transitions... like, I know exactly where it does that but it just is so seamless and makes sense, definetly done well.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I know exactly where it does that but it just is so seamless and makes sense, definetly done well.
    I agree. With the musical cues, you can kind of tell when it is going to switch, and that IS the transition. It's not visual, it's in the music.

I'm glad you said that because actually, I never realized that before until just now. I never paid attention to the cutting between scenes because it didn't matter what it did, it matters what it sounds like.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Souldier is offline B-Ticket Holder

I guess I'm just pessimestic.

I loved the music though, very relaxing.
    Halloween has come and gone..

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

ADRIEN

Formerly known as Dznyfreak42

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
    I guess I'm just pessimestic.

I loved the music though, very relaxing.
    I think some of the effectiveness of the attraction has to do with where you're seated during the ride. The first time I rode it I was seated in the first row which takes you the highest and seems to submerge you more in the film. I was quite impressed. Especially with the music which I always try to pay attention to in attractions. You're less distracted by other things around you such as dangling feet above your head.

My brother rode it for the first time this past December and he was not impressed either. We didn't get to sit in the first row and he seemed to busy looking around at everything else but the actual film. He's likes to see how things work. I must say sitting in this row was not the best for me either. With that being said this is definitely an attraction that I would not ride without fast passing first.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I like it, it is always on my to do list. It gave the pavilion a needed punch.
    Yet it wasn't slap you in the head amazing, imagineering like Test Track, TofT or Splash Mountain. I've watched circle vision films like this in Disney & Six Flags for a long time. Fun none the less.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Soarin' is one of my favorite attractions at Epcot, but I think it is best if you can get in the first row. If you don't you might get distracted by the feet hanging over your head, it doesn't bother me but my wife hates that. I did hear a rumour that they were going to create a Soarin' over the World. I can't remember where I saw that though if I find it I'll post the link.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I love Soarin. The music is great. Ok, maybe it would be nice to have an update. Being a pilot, I am always trying to get people to fly. This is a great way to have them get a taste.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast