Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Disney Convention in the UK??? in the News & Rumors forums; Hi everyone! I was having a browse around the website for magic meets and it got me thinking................. Why don't we have anything like this in the UK, or do ...
    Jenocallaghan is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Convention in the UK???

Hi everyone!

I was having a browse around the website for magic meets and it got me thinking.................

Why don't we have anything like this in the UK, or do we ( and i just don't know about it!!)

I think this could be very popular and would be very interested in trying to get something like this set up.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please get in touch!!

Jen x

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney Convention in the UK???

Hey Jen,

I haven't heard of a similar thing in the UK but would very much be willing to help set something up. I'm always so frustrated when Lou sends out the invitations for meets of the months when We over here cnt get to them. Maybe we could set up a similar thing a couple times a year... with a Mongello certified trivia contest to boot. I think the main problem we would have though is deciding on a place to hold such an event so that we could get as many ppl as possible involved.

But as I said I'd be happy to try and help out organising, so get in touch

Tim xx

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Actually there is something going on called MouseMeets this December at DLP. The Disney Brit podcast is one of the sponsors. Maybe you could get involved with that.
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Magic Meets started as a small event in a mall food court. Maybe you could start with something small in a pub and see what grows from there?

Thanks DF83 fr the heads up. Shame i dnt like DLP too much and again a bit of a trek, alto nt as bad as florida lol. Also no offence to those guys on tht podcast but they are nt great, and quite negative i find.

adam_goodger is offline A-Ticket holder

I like to think of it less as negative and more as objective. No company is perfect and we like to think that we share a fair and balanced opinion about Disney World and DIsneyland Paris.

All of us on the show are BIG Disney geeks and, just like you guys, are always talking about and Disney. I'm sure we all have a moan about it at time. The differences is we have a Podcast that we share our concerns. We also share all the great stuff Disney do i.e. the recent D23, Halloween Parties, Mousmeets etc.

If you haven't had a listen, please do. Let us know what you think.

Hey Adam,
    I hope you didnt take offence; it just seemed to me when i listened in that there wasnt the same energy as other podcasts, it just seemed to be lacking something. Maybe I'm not used to listening to a British accent talking for an hour about Disney. I will go back to the site again and have another listen seeing as my last post was from july.
    I would be very interested as would many others if there was some sort of meet in the UK, Midlands maybe...