Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Miscellaneous Discuss Who drives? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Blackjack Joe Driving from California would take at least 3 or 4 days each way. That's a lot of time not to be at Disney. When you ...
    Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Who drives?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Joe View Post
    Driving from California would take at least 3 or 4 days each way. That's a lot of time not to be at Disney. When you add in the cost of a room each night, it really is cheaper to fly from here. Plus I usually have at least one if not two roundtrip vouchers from Southwest from my SWA Visa Rewards card.
    I wouldn't do it from California, that's just too much driving!
    Tim

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

We drive, but I live only 6 hours from WDW. It takes LONGER to fly from here because we have to fly to Atlanta, then wait, then fly to Orlando, OR drive 1.5 hours to Panama City, then wait then fly to Orlando, either way, driving is faster. I do always take an extra, wmpty suitcase for souvenirs because I hate all those bags sliding around.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

We're thinking about driving, but we really want to fly. All depends on how bad the airline wants to sell tickets. lol!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

edwardsfire is offline C-Ticket Holder

I know when driving to WDW......do ones self a favour and buy new wiper blades for your vehicle...........the best 20.00 or less investment you'll make.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Applying Rain-X or a similar product is also a good idea. Aside from making your wipers unnecessary it also helps to clean your windshield of splattered bugs, too.

disnycrayz is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Applying Rain-X or a similar product is also a good idea. Aside from making your wipers unnecessary it also helps to clean your windshield of splattered bugs, too.
    Agreed. Rain-X is a must do before driving down I-95.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

We used to drive...........We've done 43 trips so far and about half have been by car. we're in northeast Ohio, about a 1100 mile trip and back in the day, I'm talking the late 70's and 80's, we drove, straight thru and spent the first night on the ocean and the next day drove into WDW. We've flown 3 times amoungst that too but flying is not to my liking and won't fly any more. Our last bunches of WDW trips have been by Amtrak, yes folks, by train. Depot for us is about an hours drive from home, we board at 3:15 am and roll into DC about 12-ish. there's a big layover here but Union Station is huge and if luck is with us, we can catch the earlier train out and get to Kissimmee 3.5 hours earlier than the last train. We just can back, 9/27, and we caught the earlier train and was at the resort by 11:30 am. I'll take rolling down the tracks then stressing behind a steering wheel any day. No worries, no flats, cars, trucks, nothing. We sit back, recline the seat and drift off or watch the country roll by. cost us alittle less than driving and alittle more in time. Past trip cost the 2 of us 450.00 round trip from Ohio to Kissimmee Florida, and no motel overnight stop. It's not for everyone but we enjoy relaxing and the swaying of the train and not worrying about traffic, the car and the price of gas.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My parents took us to Florida by Amtrak in the 70's...it was a fun time. Now I live in FL so driving is easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123