Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss WDW Purchases 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu in the News & Rumors forums; Disney has announced it will install 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu. The 200 units will be installed in highly traveled areas like Park Entrances, Hotel Lobbies and Character Meet ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

WDW Purchases 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu

Disney has announced it will install 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu. The 200 units will be installed in highly traveled areas like Park Entrances, Hotel Lobbies and Character Meet and Greets. They will also sell hand sanitiser at most stores within WDW. Disney will also pay closer attention to frequently touched items like telephones and water fountains.

I'm sorry but I got a giggle out of this. 200 units and how many acres of Disney Property? It was a good 15 years ago when my family first went to WDW for 2 weeks at Christmas that we all had Thanksgiving weekend Flu shots to prepare for our visit to WDW. We figured with World Travelers we would be exposed to multiple versions of the Flu.
    Considering so much of the flu is passed by coughs and sneezes, seriously what will a few hundred hand sanitisers accomplish.

You think of all the guests on buses, in the stretching room at the Haunted House, or just about and weaving line to enter any attraction, I am far more concerned about the coughing and sneezing.

Think of how many touch the ketchup dispenser, the plastic silverware in bins at counter service, how many people touched that paper cup or bottled water bottle before you? Even if those CM's have gloves on they are handing you a cup or bottled beverage and taking currency and making change with the same gloves. Ewe.

Remember Mousefest last year and the volume of Guests who left the Fest with the Flu? I have more faith in a Flu shot over 200 Hand sanitisers. At the same time CM's were dropping like flies too.

Note: At Ohare this month they had staff with sanitation rags continually running over the hand rails of the escalators, never saw Ohare cleaner. They have touch-less sinks, auto doors, auto flush facilities. (Then we all used the same bins at security! Can I tell you how gross they were? And the same touch screens for check in.) Then we boarded a plane, a giant tube room, with many coughing and sneezing. Whatcha gonna do?

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Purchases 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu

hm... 200? That's too many! haha

JDarlingDLCP is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Re: WDW Purchases 200 Hand Sanitisers to Combat Flu

The installation has already begun here on the West Coast! I saw one being used the entry area in DCA just Saturday evening. It was the ONLY one I've seen, but I may have just missed 'em...

Now... if only movie theaters would wipe down all the arm rests between shows... Yeah! Right! That'll be the day!
    Disneyland Annual passholder and proud Celebrations Press Contributing Author!
    Owner of Disneyland Kennel frequent VIP!
    Next trip to Disneyland - Is it the weekend yet?
    Finally in Twitter (JDisneyland). Follow my adventures there!

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

I haven't even gotten a flu shot. I'm a tad scarred haha

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Well, it's a start and will be good even after flu season.