Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Scans of my Disney-related Autographs! in the News & Rumors forums; Those pictures are great! Here are a few I collected over the years... Long ago, Harry Hoth used to draw at a desk in the Town Square Exposition Hall. Here ...
    wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Scans of my Disney-related Autographs!

Those pictures are great! Here are a few I collected over the years...
    Long ago, Harry Hoth used to draw at a desk in the Town Square Exposition Hall. Here are a couple of pictures I recieved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scans of my Disney-related Autographs!-harry-hoth-92-little-.jpg   Scans of my Disney-related Autographs!-harry-hoth91-little-.jpg  
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

I also went to a book signing at Woodfield Mall and was able to get Bob Thomas and Roy Disney...and finally, I ordered this tivia book off the internet and the author personalized it to me...really nice guy, you might have heard of him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scans of my Disney-related Autographs!-building-company.jpg   Scans of my Disney-related Autographs!-wdw-trivia.jpg  
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Those are awesome... thanks for scanning! I love hand-drawn sketches and wish I had more of them. I think the only one I have are two single-character storyboard-type drawings of Carl from Up and Mike from Monsters, Inc, both drawn by Pixar Director Pete Docter. I love the comic book-type sketches you have. I know there are other Disney comic artists alive out there and I need to start searching around for some. Most of the original artists are long gone at this point. The books are nice, too. I have a collection of autographed books, but nothing for Disney. Congrats on getting to meet Roy. I have his signature, but never got to meet him in person. Oh, and watch out for that Lou character, Mon-whatever his name is. Rumor 'round the waterwell is that he's bad news
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

That is quite a collection you have.

Thanks! Plenty more to come!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Those are pretty awesome. I often search for autographs on eBay, but that can be a sketchy business, so unless it comes with a trusted CoA, I never bid.

Currently my top five Most Wanted Disney autographs are:

1. Walt himself (of course. but a fella in my economic class has basically got to mortgage his home for this one)

2. Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (I would REALLY like a hardcover copy of their book, "the Illusion of Life" signed by both of them)

3. Mary Blair (one of my favorite artists of all time, Disney or otherwise)

4. Ward Kimball

5. Harper Goff (designer for some HM stuff and 20k Leagues stuff)

I currently have the autographs of X. Atencio and Claude Coates, and a few other HM-related imagineers and whatnot.

I'm curious as to who is on your Most-Wanted list???

If we can dream it, we can do it

Great list of wants. As for me, Walt would be awesome, but I've seen pricing on his 'authentic' autographs and they're way too pricey to even joke about. I've got plenty of other things to spend a few grand on. I have Roy E. but not Roy O.

I'm working my way through the Disney Legends list, with a few letters and certificates to go out today. I would have loved to have gotten Wayen Allwine but I guess it's a bit too late for that. I'm trying his wife, Russi Taylor today (hey, if you can't get Mickey, go for Minnie). My buddy just heard back from the new voice of Mickey, so I'll try writing to him, too.

Not sure why I keep putting off writing to Atencio, and I suppose I should do that soon. Sorry I missed out on Coats - he would have been awesome to get. I never got Blair, but I did just write to Alice Davis, so hopefully she will respond. I missed Goff but should try for Kimball. I received a nice 20K sub blueprint printout signed by Bob Gurr. So alon gwith the Legends, I am going to try to start focusing on the Imagineers, Legend or otherwise. Just a matter of finding something neat and appropriate to have them autograph.

I never got Thomas, but I did get Johnston, along with a nice note from his secretary saying that he was happy to sign the picture I sent. So that one should be authentic. I tried writing to many of the Pixar staff, but only heard back from Pete Docter, his daughter Ellie, and Brad Bird's son, Nick. Not sure what happened to the other ten I sent.

If it's not too much trouble, scan your autographs and post them here. I enjoyed seeing wdwfns2's pictures and I would love to see what you have, too.
    Last edited by supernova; 01-29-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I would have loved to have gotten Wayen Allwine but I guess it's a bit too late for that. I'm trying his wife, Russi Taylor today.
    That reminds me...a few years back (almost 12 now) my wife got me this cool cell for my 30th birthday. (yes, if you do the math I'm Mongello age) A cast member at a local Disney Store was thoughtful enough to sell it to her before it's official release date. It was a 5,000 print limited edition cell called "Music to my Ears". But this one was limited even more...it was stamped on the front with Mickey and Minnie's 70th Years and had both Wayne and Russi's Autographs on the matting.It's one of my favorite presents that I ever received and now is irreplaceable. I keep it right next to my official Lou Mongello autographed Audio Guide to Main Street U.S.A. (just kidding)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post
    That reminds me...a few years back (almost 12 now) my wife got me this cool cell for my 30th birthday. (yes, if you do the math I'm Mongello age) A cast member at a local Disney Store was thoughtful enough to sell it to her before it's official release date. It was a 5,000 print limited edition cell called "Music to my Ears". But this one was limited even more...it was stamped on the front with Mickey and Minnie's 70th Years and had both Wayne and Russi's Autographs on the matting.It's one of my favorite presents that I ever received and now is irreplaceable. I keep it right next to my official Lou Mongello autographed Audio Guide to Main Street U.S.A. (just kidding)
    Awesome piece! Something not to be parted with! I finally wrote to Russi a week ago, so we'll see if I hear back from her. (fingers crossed!)

Here are the my autographs from one of my guilty pleasures, "Pete's Dragon" (the film is awful, but for some reason, I just love the villains!).

First up, Mickey Rooney and Jim Dale:

Charles Tyner and Charlie Callas:

Shelley Winters and Jeff Conaway:

anim8rguy is offline A-Ticket holder

I have an autographed copy of "Disney Animation:The Illusion of Life" Limited Edition signed by both Frank and Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by anim8rguy View Post
    I have an autographed copy of "Disney Animation:The Illusion of Life" Limited Edition signed by both Frank and Ollie.
    Scan post, if you get a chance! I'll also try to scan my Ollie Johnston picture and the letter from his secretary soon!

Here is my Ollie Johnston picture, along with a letter from Grace, his assistant:

Last edited by supernova; 02-07-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast