Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss My trip to Universal. (pt. 1) in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe I believe you might have gone off point. Refresher: If you look back you and I were discussing queues and their lack of quality at the ...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: My trip to Universal. (pt. 1)

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I believe you might have gone off point. Refresher: If you look back you and I were discussing queues and their lack of quality at the opposing parks. The 70's vs. the 90's card you tossed to me, remember?

If you wish to change the topic, by all means go for it, but then you shouldn't snag a irrelevant quote on a previous topic as your springboard into a totally different debate, 'cause it is out of context.

Betting if the new topic you are tossing out there is would you like two parks full of rides or a 2 minute loop, nobody would be debating the topic. Just saying.
    What I said wasn't out of context. I said, rather than wasting money to put a stupid movie in, I'd rather that money be used for stuff that's worth while. Sorry if it's so hard to understand.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    What I said wasn't out of context. I said, rather than wasting money to put a stupid movie in, I'd rather that money be used for stuff that's worth while. Sorry if it's so hard to understand.
    So, you're saying you want MORE rides but nothing in the queues then? Go visit Six Flags or Cedar Point and enjoy.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Pranker, I think sometimes you need to take the Disney tinted glasses off.

Ruddy

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    So, you're saying you want MORE rides but nothing in the queues then? Go visit Six Flags or Cedar Point and enjoy.
    I said nothing in the queues? I said I'd rather have rides than a looped TV show. Thanks for trying. I'm not a feeble minded person, I can enjoy myself without watching TV for an hour, unlike some people who thrive on it. A TV show is NOT themeing.
    Last edited by pranker51502; 02-17-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    Huh? I said something about an unfair comparison and I'm to pro Disney? Isn't this a Disney board? Anyway, please show me where I said I don't like IoA or Universal in this thread. Thanks.

I also love the people who feel like they need to defend Universal so much on a DISNEY discussion board. I guess some people don't understand simple logic.

Not so much on this thread, but i've read other threads about Universal and IOA and you weren't exactly singing their praises.

It is a Disney board but its O.K to admire and like other parks too, i'm pretty certain they do the same with Disney!

Ruddy

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

l.
    I love how the comparison of the queues in Fantasyland (70's) to Universal's (90's). That's a tad bit of a time difference there.
    I'd rather have MGM and AK filled with rides than a 2min show in a continuous loop.
    If you said all this where did I miss it?

I am sorry, I am having a hard time following indeed. What post number had you said all that in? I'm just finding that in your last post to me, # 3, but not previously. You are correct, I can't find it so it is hard to follow.

"I said, rather than wasting money to put a stupid movie in, I'd rather that money be used for stuff that's worth while."

We will have to agree to disagree about context if you believe the discussion I was having about

'quality of queues at Disney vs Universal'

is equivalent

to your topic of 'spending money on two parks filled with rides '(that is a whole lot of dollars) vs 'spending dollars on a queue containing a 2 minute movie.'

I just don't believe they are the same topic, my opinion, out of context.
    But I do agree with you on your topic. I'd certainly rather have two parks filled with rides instead of a 2 minute movie you offered up. I can't imagine anyone who would pick the 2 minute movie if it is an either or choice.

Yet, I do enjoy the little queue movies, Muppets are great, Laugh is great, Drew Carey's, Great Movie Ride, Twilight's little movie is a great mood builder and it wouldn't be the same to walk in the door and go directly to the elevator for a drop, for me. That queue tells the story of the attraction. I genuinely appreciate good queues at both Univeral Parks and Disney. They pass the time nicely, for me. I find them often to be a theme and anticipation builder.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I also love the people who feel like they need to defend Universal so much on a DISNEY discussion board. I guess some people don't understand simple logic.

Now I have no interest in going from a discussion to trading insults.

Done!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I'm a fan of both Disney and Universal, however Disney rarely gets criticised or is given a bad press on here (for obvious reasons) so I rarely have to defend Disney.

If I were on a Universal discussion board and I disagreed with things they were saying about Disney i'd be doing the exact same thing.

Ruddy

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    l.

3. If you said all this where did I miss it?

I am sorry, I am having a hard time following indeed. What post number had you said all that in? I'm just finding that in your last post to me, # 3, but not previously. You are correct, I can't find it so it is hard to follow.

"I said, rather than wasting money to put a stupid movie in, I'd rather that money be used for stuff that's worth while."

We will have to agree to disagree about context if you believe the discussion I was having about

'quality of queues at Disney vs Universal'

is equivalent

to your topic of 'spending money on two parks filled with rides '(that is a whole lot of dollars) vs 'spending dollars on a queue containing a 2 minute movie.'
    You're a big boy/girl, you can understand what I was trying to say, and if not I pity you.
    I'm SO sorry, you're having such a hard time. This "conversation" can just disperse now.
    Last edited by pranker51502; 02-17-2010 at 03:12 PM.

I'm a fan of both Disney and Universal, however Disney rarely gets criticised or is given a bad press on here (for obvious reasons) so I rarely have to defend Disney.

If I were on a Universal discussion board and I disagreed with things they were saying about Disney i'd be doing the exact same thing.
    Is hardly "defending".

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

And you would actually not see that as much as you would think. Universal fans do enjoy Disney as well, but favor Universal a little more, just as most of the users here would favor Disney more. Only difference is that Universal fans don't wear Universal tinted glasses while visiting Disney, whereas most of the Disney fans would go visit Universal with Disney tinted glasses, Mickey ears, a goofy shirt, and wondering why this place doesn't have a parade. I honestly believe that the Universal fans are more respectful and know how to appreciate everything in life moreso than Disney fans. Now, this was by no means an insult to anyone on this board or anyone else, just a generalized opinion of how the two groups differ.

You're a big boy/girl, you can understand what I was trying to say, and if not I pity you.
    I'm SO sorry, you're having such a hard time. This "conversation" can just disperse now.

I'm guessing your life isn't particularly fulfilling if you've resorted to insulting someone you've never met before on the internet, over something so trivial as a theme park queue.

Ruddy

I'm guessing your life isn't particularly fulfilling if you've resorted to insulting someone you've never met before on the internet, over something so trivial as a theme park queue.
    I'm guessing neither is yours because you just did the same thing.

I did not insult that person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast