Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Miscellaneous Discuss My trip to Universal. (pt. 1) in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by pranker51502 I'm guessing neither is yours because you just did the same thing. I did not insult that person. Can't we all just get along? Here, have ...
    albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: My trip to Universal. (pt. 1)

Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    I'm guessing neither is yours because you just did the same thing.

I did not insult that person.
    Can't we all just get along? Here, have a cookie and stop fighting please.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

It was merely an observation not an insult but to be honest I dont really want to get into any sort of argument its just silly so we'll just leave it at that eh.

Ruddy

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Can't we all just get along? Here, have a cookie and stop fighting please.
    I'm all good. No fighting here.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

ydonohue is offline A-Ticket holder

Ummm... ok my perspective on both as an ex-team member of Universal AND ex cast member of Disney (currently waiting on news from the college program about this summer to come back.), are mainly management and co-worker experiences. Now you CANNOT go into Universal expecting it to be like Disney: It ISN'T. As far as management and rules, Disney is definately more on top of things, a guest has an issue you take care of it and the guest always comes first. Universal management seems more like team members to me, for instance my manager in entertainment acted just like the other performers I worked with, great fun guy to joke with but I couldn't take him seriously.

The parks at Universal are a lot of fun, great time to go on the coasters and all, but generally not someplace I'd take my family for a christmas vacation or anything to make memories. If that makes sense? Disney has always been where I truly would stay after a shift just to watch the night fireworks, or listen to the park closing song because I liked it that much. That sort of thing.

As a guest going into these places, Disney is more for memories and such, Universal is really for a good time and a day to just goof off and relax, you just totally can't be too serious there. Like Woody Woodpecker is going to come up to you and rub your head if you're bald because he thinks it's funny.. Would you expect that from Mickey or any of the Disney characters?

Just keep an open mind.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by ydonohue View Post
    Universal management seems more like team members to me, for instance my manager in entertainment acted just like the other performers I worked with, great fun guy to joke with but I couldn't take him seriously.
    I think I know who you're talking about, and I didn't like that guy. Unfortunately was the main reason I had left Universal. Shame, really. However I did have some awesome ASM's that actually took their job seriously and was just as cool, and I hope that Universal takes note and promotes them.

As a guest going into these places, Disney is more for memories and such, Universal is really for a good time and a day to just goof off and relax, you just totally can't be too serious there. Like Woody Woodpecker is going to come up to you and rub your head if you're bald because he thinks it's funny.. Would you expect that from Mickey or any of the Disney characters?

Just keep an open mind.
    Ha, I don't think I've ever seen Woody Woodpecker do that, but I'm sure has happened plenty of times before because that's part of his character. You might see a little of that from Tigger, but there's been plenty of instances where things have gone horribly wrong with that not-so-cool cat, lol.

Anyways, well said and glad that another former TM and CM resides here. See guys, I told you I'm not the only one who worked at both parks, and it's not uncommon for someone to work both, or hop from one to the other

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Actually Chip and Dale. They tend to do naught things.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123