Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Ever take a break from all things Disney in the News & Rumors forums; Granted you can never take a full break considering how prevalent the Walt Disney company is. But I'm talking more of the parks(not too hard considering where I live) But ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Ever take a break from all things Disney

Granted you can never take a full break considering how prevalent the Walt Disney company is. But I'm talking more of the parks(not too hard considering where I live) But also movies, books, games, music, tv shows, dvd's?
    WDW Radio Android App.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Ever take a break from all things Disney

No. It's all encompassing for me. I'm addicted. It's my hobby. It makes me happy.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

disney is part of me.. dont think i could take a break.. granted i dont get ther as much as i would like to be in the world.. but my station at work is disney, my business card has a disney look to it.. my jacket is disney, i have minnie tattoo..im not so addicted i feel i need to have to seek counselling for it...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'd have to pack up a lot of my house decor lol. And half my movies. And my two biggest hobbies are photography and scrapbooking... which became my hobbies BECAUSE of Disney. If I have any other spare time, its used looking at Disney blogs and whatnot. So ya, nope, totally not possible.

msufan is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney is part of each and every day. My screen saver is changed daily to a different disney picture. My music on the computer is disney music or sounds from the park. My bathroom at home is all disney decor. My home office is decorated with disney hats, statues etc. I check this website daily. No I could not take a break from disney. It is like asking to stop breathing for me.

Neeka7701 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney is my life to me!! I've been every year (and sometimes twice a year) since I was 4!(I'm 13 now!) Many of my friends think I'm weird for wearing a donald duck sweatshirt with matching earings, or that I know that Disney World opened in 1971,or that I know Donald Duck is banned from Finnland because he doesn't wear pants! I guess i am kinda over the top ( I collect disney wash cloths!) , but I don't care cause DISNEY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know all the lyrics to Wishes, I watch Disney movies everynight, I have a giant portrait of Donald Duck over my bed, and I have the castle painted on my bedroom wall! If there wasn't a Disney World I would probably sit in my room all day eating goldfish, wondering what I could do with my life!
    Last edited by Neeka7701; 06-05-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: I wanted to add more on
    My Walt Disney World Vacations
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club and Beach Club at Christmas
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside
    2010-Port Orleans Riverside

I Love that little Duck!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm with all of you! Some form of Disney is in my everyday life and I can't get away from that....not that I want to.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Granted you can never take a full break considering how prevalent the Walt Disney company is. But I'm talking more of the parks(not too hard considering where I live) But also movies, books, games, music, tv shows, dvd's?

I do. Disney isn't my life, it's merely something I enjoy. Sometimes I want to enjoy other interests. I think Disney is almost religion to some here.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I love Disney (obviously, as it's where I work). But sometimes I like taking a break from the parks, and going to the others. I have an AP for Univeral, and I plan on visiting Sea World soon.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

xosunney is offline A-Ticket holder

theres no way,
    not possible.
    disney is too amazing.
    i'm a big disney freak,

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by xosunney View Post
    theres no way,
    not possible.
    disney is too amazing.
    Your assertion might be a little more believable if you used some capital letters.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

To me, Disney is my "thing" and always will be. It's not a religion for me, I have my own particular religion and God/deity that I believe in for those purposes. Walt Disney was by no means a god, but I have thanked the one that I happen to believe in more than a few times for creating a man like Mr. Disney. A man who wanted to share all of his wonder and amazement and hope and dreams for the future of humanity with all of his fellow creations of God.
    So, of course, just like some of my friends, who don't go a day without thinking about NASCAR, or golf, or Xtreme basket weaving , or whatever their "thing" may be, there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about my "thing'!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

yes i have taken a break from everything disney and done things in my area like the festivals and other interests like baseball, baseball did i say baseball

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    To me, Disney is my "thing" and always will be. It's not a religion for me, I have my own particular religion and God/deity that I believe in for those purposes. Walt Disney was by no means a god, but I have thanked the one that I happen to believe in more than a few times for creating a man like Mr. Disney. A man who wanted to share all of his wonder and amazement and hope and dreams for the future of humanity with all of his fellow creations of God.
    So, of course, just like some of my friends, who don't go a day without thinking about NASCAR, or golf, or Xtreme basket weaving , or whatever their "thing" may be, there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about my "thing'!
    Well said!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

Just love all things Disney simply because it makes me happy and takes me to wonderful times with my family. I surround myself with ears to keep all of that alive. I have traveled lots of other places, but going to WDW just gets my heart and smile going!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast