Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss The Disney Store in the News & Rumors forums; Hi. Is it true the Disney Store is now owned by the Disney Company again? I live in NJ and there is a Disney Store opening in the Fall. I ...
    jiminycricket is offline A-Ticket holder

The Disney Store

Hi. Is it true the Disney Store is now owned by the Disney Company again? I live in NJ and there is a Disney Store opening in the Fall. I was thinking about applying for a job there, but only if the Disney Co. owns them, not the Children's Place. I haven't been to WDW since 2008 and am having serious withdrawal. I figure working at the store may help a little

Thanks.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Re: The Disney Store

Quote Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
    Hi. Is it true the Disney Store is now owned by the Disney Company again?
    Yes.

"Disney owns and operates the Disney Store chain in North America and Europe. "

Taken from: The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies - Company Overview
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The Children's Place sold it back to Disney a short while ago now.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

I am a part-time Disney Store CM here in Austin, Texas. I just recieved my one year pin. The Disney Store had already been reacquired by Disney by the time I was hired. Disney just opened our first IP, or "Imagination Park" Store in SoCal in mid June. Much more of a "shopping destination" than just a "store", The Disney Company hopes to eventually adapt this concept for all of our Stores.
    I finished a 5+ hour shipment shift around 7:45p today, which can be very draining, but I don't care WHAT they ask me to do, I just love workin' there. Wether I'm on stage greeting Guests, working the register or backstage doin' shipment or whatever, I LOVE every second that I am "working" there!!! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!! yes:
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    I am a part-time Disney Store CM here in Austin, Texas. I just recieved my one year pin. The Disney Store had already been reacquired by Disney by the time I was hired. Disney just opened our first IP, or "Imagination Park" Store in SoCal in mid June. Much more of a "shopping destination" than just a "store", The Disney Company hopes to eventually adapt this concept for all of our Stores.
    I finished a 5+ hour shipment shift around 7:45p today, which can be very draining, but I don't care WHAT they ask me to do, I just love workin' there. Wether I'm on stage greeting Guests, working the register or backstage doin' shipment or whatever, I LOVE every second that I am "working" there!!! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!! yes:
    What's it like working for the Disney Store? Any specific Disney training? Good perks? Do they make you feel like you're a cast member? Do you have fellow employees who are just there for a job or do they really like Disney? Just trying to get a feel for it.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

My hope is that we get a Disney Outlet store soon in our Outlet mall. The nearest one to us right now is over an hour away in Florence, KY. I email the owners of the mall all the time and tell them to get us a Disney Store. Anyone know if there's an email address I can contact the Disney Store at to get them involved in getting a store there?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    What's it like working for the Disney Store? Any specific Disney training? Good perks? Do they make you feel like you're a cast member? Do you have fellow employees who are just there for a job or do they really like Disney? Just trying to get a feel for it.
    Howdy!

Very happy to relate my experience to ya'!

As I've mentioned above, I absolutely LOVE being a Disney Store CM! I DEFINITELY get my "Disney Fix" (or, enough of it, anyway...! ) to keep me going!
    As far as the training was concerned, there were videos I watched regarding such subjects as "Magical Behaviors", etc. Things such as being sure to greet each and every Guest, Getting down on a childs level when you address them, and other common sense things like that.
    The perks are good and get better the longer you are a CM and depending on your CM status...full-time, part-time, etc.
    We DEFINITELY are told we are, treated like, and made to feel like CM's...because we ARE...just as if we worked merchandise at one of the Parks
    Speaking for myself, as far as all of my fellow CM's are concerned, they are truely excited about and love all things Disney, as well! You should see and hear us discussing the latest Disney news, or backstage doing shipment and opening boxes going "Oh my! Look at these new Steamboat Willie snowglobes!!!" or Sorcerer Mickey antenna toppers, or whatever! We're like kids at Christmas...many, many, times a year...!
    Don't get me wrong either, there is DEFINITELY WORK to be done, but.......it's DISNEY work!!!
    And, also truely, it's the BEST job I've ever had...!!!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 07-21-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Schpelling, wordage, etc....!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    My hope is that we get a Disney Outlet store soon in our Outlet mall. The nearest one to us right now is over an hour away in Florence, KY. I email the owners of the mall all the time and tell them to get us a Disney Store. Anyone know if there's an email address I can contact the Disney Store at to get them involved in getting a store there?
    Howdy!

Hope this helps a bit...

Best info I can give ya', for now anyway, is to go to Disney Store.com. Just to the upper right of the larger blue Disney logo, in small white letters, is "Guest Services". Once you open that, the second category at the left is "Email Us". Try that.
    The fourth category down is "Disney Store Locator", so it is also tied into the retail Store locations.
    Also, on my next shift, I'll ask one of my managers to see if I can get some more direct info.

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

Thanks for the info Dizisit!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Thanks for the info Dizisit!
    Anytime!
    Just let me know here, or through a PM, if/when ya' have any more questions...!

Disney*Princess is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    You should see and hear us discussing the latest Disney news, or backstage doing shipment and opening boxes going "Oh my! Look at these new Steamboat Willie snowglobes!!!" or Sorcerer Mickey antenna toppers, or whatever! We're like kids at Christmas...many, many, times a year...!

It's so true! I love when we get new stuff...and when it goes out on stage, I love telling guests that it's brand new, because I'm so excited about it lol
    Engaged at Port Orleans Riverside
    June 9, 2009

Getting married July 30, 2011

Disney Store CM