Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Help! Robert Tieman Disney Treasures CD in the News & Rumors forums; I'm hoping somebody on here may be able to help me. I own a book called 'The Disney Treasures' by Robert Tieman, which when I originally purchased it, came with ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Unhappy Help! Robert Tieman Disney Treasures CD

I'm hoping somebody on here may be able to help me. I own a book called 'The Disney Treasures' by Robert Tieman, which when I originally purchased it, came with a CD containing audio from the Walt Disney Archives collection.

To cut a long story short, this past weekend, my 2 1/2 YO nephew came to visit and somehow managed to smuggle his way in to my hallowed 'Disney Room' whilst the adults were pre-occupied. After re-organising my entire Disney book collection (we're talking over 100 volumes here) in to a hideous mess on the carpet, I was horrified to find he's pulled out the CD from above mentioned book and scratched it to within an inch of it's life with one of my Lightning McQueen die-cast toys.

Fortunately, none of my books have been damaged and but the CD that goes with Robert Tieman's book is unplayable - arrghh!!! Is there anybody on this forum that may have a copy of this CD themselves, that they would be willing to share with me online? If so, I would be forever grateful
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

RickNJ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Help! Robert Tieman Disney Treasures CD

Ouch

This might work. I have recovered a few cds in the past this way. See if you have furniture polish with wax in it. If you do then try this

1 - use window cleaner on the cd to clean it
    2 - apply the polish and then remove the excess starting from the center to the outer edge in a straight line. Not in a circular pattern
    3 - Make sure its dry (protecting your cdrom)
    4 - see if its playable

If so then make a copy of it

Hope that helps

Good luck

Rick R.

Of course if he ruined the label side than there is nothing that can save the cd.
    Oct 2012 - French Quarter
    Nov 2010 - Pop Century
    Nov 2008 (Thanksgiving) All Start Music
    Nov 2007 (Thanksgiving) Port Orleans - Riverside
    Sept 1993 - Off site - First time with my kids
    June 1983 - Off Site - Senior Trip with GF - now my wonderful Wife
    May 1979 - Off Site - Parents drove down

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

there is a device i own called a skip dr it refinishes the cd surface to a playable condition I hope it helps.
    available at most bestbuy's or the like
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Oooh - thank you for the tips! Will try them out this evening.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Here's what I've found to the best scratch fixer for CDs: baking soda toothpaste.

Clean the cd first with a soft cloth and mild cleaner. Dry, then rub the baking soda toothpaste into the CD, with strokes from the inside out. Rub until all excess is gone.

Remember, I said toothPASTE not gel!

If the scratch is super deep, the CD may be beyond repair. I'd contact Disney. I know they have a disc replacement program for DVDs, but am not sure about CDs. It seems they would have a replacement program for those special Tieman CDs since those are limited editions.

I wish I could get a copy to you . . . I have that book, but bought it after the CD run.

Good luck.