Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Has Disney World become TOO big? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by WDW4Ever I read this article from the LA Times, and it made me laugh because, in essence, it's exactly how I feel about the comparison between WDW ...
    dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Has Disney World become TOO big?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I read this article from the LA Times, and it made me laugh because, in essence, it's exactly how I feel about the comparison between WDW and DL.

Disney World: Mad dashes, exhausting schedules and enervating weather
    It seems as if this women is trying to make all of her other trips seem not so bad to her critics. I understand that she is in titled to her opinion, but because of how malicious she was it seemed that she was not going to like it no matter what. If you think I'm crazy then look at the last page. Notice, she said her son would rather go to Ireland than Disney world. Her 12 year old son. Now if thats not proof that she is jaded than i don't know what is.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

You've also got to remember that they're APers to DL and DL is their "home park". They're so used to it that WDW is way too much.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Read the article and I guess WDW is not for everyone, but it sure is for us.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh but this article is still way to biased... im surprised the LA Times would put this on their site considering how biased it is...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGOOF View Post
    Whenever there is talk of a 5th gate, i cringe. There is barely enough time to visit all 4 parks, not to mention a water park, on a week long vacation. I remember when there was a time when there were only two parks, and our family could fit in (gasp!) non park days. These wonderful days consisted of sleeping in, enjoying a sit down breakfast in the hotel, and hanging out by the pool all day. Now with 4 parks, two water parks, downtown disney, and mini golf, etc., it is almost impossible to relax on the vacation (without making significant sacrifices). Thoughts?
    I disagree. I visit WDW from Sunday through Thursday on my trips. I usually only spend one day doing all four parks, and then one of the holiday parties on the Sunday. Monday and Wednesday are for relaxing or doing side things (shopping at the outlets, driving the the hotels to walk around, etc), and then Downtown Disney for shopping and lunch before heading back to the airport on Thursday. PLENTY of time to relax. If they added a fifth gate, I'd probably just spend a bit less time at the Studios, since there is barely anything to see there, anyway. Plus, I've SEEN the country pavillions already... there is NEVER anything new to see or do. It seems that World Showcase gets burned whenever it comes to updates. So I could skip that portion of Epcot to fit in another park. In reality, it's much easier to do than you'd think.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

dman1373 is offline B-Ticket Holder

This thread is kind of like "their are to many great Beatles songs.", or I have just way too much money". I mean if you like the Beatles but their are to many songs, by the greatest hits, and if you have much money, some away. So if their are to many parks for you, just don't go to all of them.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

No. To me it's more like "There are so many lousy beatles albums. They should strive for quality over quantity."
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Truthfully... were the Beatles ever "quality"?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

oh no not a Beatles "holy war" now...

but Mike i agree... my thoughts are more for the 1st time WDW visitor... the one who needs to see "it all..." i can accept that on a trip i will not see "it all..." but like yourself i have no problems returning and seeing more at the expense of things that ive already seen previously or something that hasnt been updated...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Plus, Joe, the ticket prices are ridiculously cheap when you start adding on days. Even for first-time visitors, I cannot wrap my brain around seven or more straight days at the parks. It's just not necessary. The Studios are a half day park. Animal Kingdom is, too, though it takes a while to walk to each land.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't mind the scope of WDW but I really believe the quality of the product has slipped with every additional park. The attention to detail has decreased and I think it's because they have stretched their maintenance too thin.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Now with me, I'm a "stop and smell the roses" type of person, so to me, AK, DHS, and MK are all full day parks. AK might be a little over a day. World Showcase is a day in itself and Future World is a half day. It's just so much to attempt to do without spending $6000 on a two week vacation. And that's not including resort hopping, "off the beaten path" type stuff, etc.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Plus, Joe, the ticket prices are ridiculously cheap when you start adding on days. Even for first-time visitors, I cannot wrap my brain around seven or more straight days at the parks. It's just not necessary. The Studios are a half day park. Animal Kingdom is, too, though it takes a while to walk to each land.
    they are ridiculously cheap... after the base which your gonna spend anyway...
    its $250 for 6 day base tix and $255 for a 7 day...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

plus mike if your like yourself or me who might go every year... you get an AP... if i get an AP in aug of 2011 it will be good until aug 2012... i would just plan my next WDW trip for June or July... using the AP to its fullest extent...

an AP costs $531 a person... so its roughly $1061 for my g/f and i...

if i do 2 sets of 7 day park hopper passes it would be $355 a person... approx $1400

so the way i see it the tickets arent all that expensive to return twice in a year... at least the way i see it... and it makes you feel a little better having an AP to walk into say Epcot just to get dinner at Le Cellier

sorry for all the math...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

I buy a seven day pass, without expiration, and it literally lasts me five to seven years. On most trips, I only visit the parks for one day, so I have six more years worth of visits ahead of me, all for the $400 the initial pass costs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast