Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss I've found my Disney World 'laughing place'. in the News & Rumors forums; I recently returned from two weeks at Fort Wilderness and have decided my one special spot at Disney World is Trail's End. Specifically one table there, the one upstairs, in ...
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've found my Disney World 'laughing place'.

I recently returned from two weeks at Fort Wilderness and have decided my one special spot at Disney World is Trail's End. Specifically one table there, the one upstairs, in front of the model of the Gullywhumper. When I finally get there after a long day or two of traveling I get a sense of peace and relaxation I haven't found anywhere else in the World or the world. Everything just washes off me and I'm totally happy.

Trail's End is classic old-school Disney, untouched since the day it opened. It's like going back to summer camp. And the buffet is classic comfort food. I've eaten there a lot and will continue to do so. And if Ken is our waiter, even better. They guy's been there over 25 years -- you're not going to find a better waitperson in WDW.

I wonder if any of you have a similar "spot" at Disney World that's special to you.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: I've found my Disney World 'laughing place'.

Laughing place?...It would have to be Splash Mountain!

however...going to the Boardwalk during the day is usually relaxing, and going Mini-Golfing (probably more so Fantasia Gardens) is calm and relaxing (but only when I have a good day!

I once missed a daily record at Fantasia by just one stroke...
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The Columbia Harbor House (upstairs) is like that for me.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I agree with MartianCrab. Also Living with the Land, I always feel completely relaxed when I ride it.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I don't know what it is about that place. I have always been an eat quickly and run kind of guy. For some reason that impulse is turned off at CCH. I actually linger there. It's my family who makes me leave. I guess I like wood paneling.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    I recently returned from two weeks at Fort Wilderness and have decided my one special spot at Disney World is Trail's End. Specifically one table there, the one upstairs, in front of the model of the Gullywhumper. When I finally get there after a long day or two of traveling I get a sense of peace and relaxation I haven't found anywhere else in the World or the world. Everything just washes off me and I'm totally happy.

Trail's End is classic old-school Disney, untouched since the day it opened. It's like going back to summer camp. And the buffet is classic comfort food. I've eaten there a lot and will continue to do so. And if Ken is our waiter, even better. They guy's been there over 25 years -- you're not going to find a better waitperson in WDW.

I wonder if any of you have a similar "spot" at Disney World that's special to you.
    We used to have one. Just past Aloha Isle as you walk into Adventureland - on the right, pretty much across from the entrance to the Swiss Family Treehouse, there used to be a little enclosed seating area with tables and chairs. It was open-air, but the bushes gave you a sense of privacy, and no one was ever in there. It was a great place to sit and have a Dole Whip (except for the one or two times when cheaters went in there to have a smoke to avoid the rain, wind, sun or whatever in the relatively open smoking area).

Alas, it is now a men's room.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    We used to have one. Just past Aloha Isle as you walk into Adventureland - on the right, pretty much across from the entrance to the Swiss Family Treehouse, there used to be a little enclosed seating area with tables and chairs. It was open-air, but the bushes gave you a sense of privacy, and no one was ever in there. It was a great place to sit and have a Dole Whip (except for the one or two times when cheaters went in there to have a smoke to avoid the rain, wind, sun or whatever in the relatively open smoking area).

Alas, it is now a men's room.
    Read this to reminisce:Widen Your World - The Caribbean Arcade

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Columbia Harbor House upstairs for me as well.

Cherinva is offline Fastpass Holder

My place is the People Mover...I always get on that while my girls are on Space Mountain....it's "my" time...all alone....very relaxing for me.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Definitly, Columbia Harbour House upstairs. But way to many people know about this quiet spot now. We just enjoy the quiet away from the sometimes frenzied MK.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

My spot would have to be the lobby in the DVC portion of the Wilderness Lodge. It is so quiet there, the chairs are so comfy, and they have one of Walt's scale railroad cars on display there so definitely a win, win, win situation for me!

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

also...Tom Sawyer Island...it's usually not all that crowded...good to just sit and relax for a few minutes, and to wander around for a bit
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

I agree. It's very peaceful there.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
    My place is the People Mover...I always get on that while my girls are on Space Mountain....it's "my" time...all alone....very relaxing for me.
    I have to agree with you on that. I love the TTA (People Mover)! It's very relaxing to me as well.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
    I love this also!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun55 View Post
    My spot would have to be the lobby in the DVC portion of the Wilderness Lodge. It is so quiet there, the chairs are so comfy, and they have one of Walt's scale railroad cars on display there so definitely a win, win, win situation for me!
    I have been in there once. Loved it! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite but the DVC are is so relaxing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast