Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss WDW Official Album...any equivilent? in the News & Rumors forums; About somewhere between 6 and 8 years ago I bought a CD in Epcot called, "Walt Disney World Official Alblum." It is a yellow CD and had tracks from rides, ...
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW Official Album...any equivilent?

About somewhere between 6 and 8 years ago I bought a CD in Epcot called, "Walt Disney World Official Alblum." It is a yellow CD and had tracks from rides, parades, and movies. The CD is beyond scratched (I have a skip dr and it didnt even touch the prob) but I really love this compilation. I havent found anything similar yet but I am still hopeful. I have the Classics box set and it has some of the same stuff but anyone has a lead on this CD I would appreciate it.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    T my knowledge, they come out with a new Official Album every year, adding songs from new rides and such.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    There's also a 2 disc Happiest Celebration on Earth CD, which has a ton of music from the parks (including Soarin'!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I would say that is you were looking for that one in particular and not the updated version, check ebay.

Good Luck with that.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar
    About somewhere between 6 and 8 years ago I bought a CD in Epcot called, "Walt Disney World Official Alblum." It is a yellow CD and had tracks from rides, parades, and movies. The CD is beyond scratched (I have a skip dr and it didnt even touch the prob) but I really love this compilation. I havent found anything similar yet but I am still hopeful. I have the Classics box set and it has some of the same stuff but anyone has a lead on this CD I would appreciate it.
    I think the first "official" WDW album cd was made in the early '90's when cassette tapes were still selling strongly. The prices on e-bay for out-of-print cds are outrageous. You would be better off asking a member to burn a copy of the cd for you, but since it is illegal to copy cds for anyone else you might not find anyone willing to do it.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 05-31-2005 at 10:33 AM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    I think the first "official" WDW album cd was made in the early '90's when cassettes were still selling strongly. The prices on e-bay for out-of-print cds are outrageous. You would be better off asking a member to burn a copy of the cd for you for a couple dollars.
    Ah, but technically this is not legal, so don't do it on the boards please! (what you do in PM's is your own business)

They do make an "Official Album" every year, and many of the songs are repeated year after year. I even have an old LP and a cassette version from many moons ago. Some of the same songs are on the current ones!

Lou's suggestion about the new 2-disc set is good, too. There is a good mix of both old and new music on it. The track list can be found here in post #6: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2170.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    T my knowledge, they come out with a new Official Album every year, adding songs from new rides and such.
    There is always an official album at the parks, but I do not thinkk they add new songs every year. They just change the cd face and cover.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    I think the first "official" WDW album cd was made in the early '90's when cassette tapes were still selling strongly. The prices on e-bay for out-of-print cds are outrageous. ...
    Hey, I didn't say you'd find it cheap, I just said you might find it.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I appreciate all the info gang. The two disc set sounds interesting, as does the promise that this may still be out there. Looks like I have more collecting to do. Seems I just can't get enough, "driving to disney" music. Am I the only one that does that? I know it turns heads when I am at a read light blastic Under The Sea to the tune of over a kilowatt. I hate to disturb others but good music happens :-)

A side note, not that I would arrange it becuase I don't wanna cause contraversy, something for all to keep in mind, is that, becuase I have legit copy of the Official Album CD, if someone who also had a legit copy burned it and gave it to me it would be legal, as I already own personal use rights by having purchased the CD. Microsfot will send burned (but printed) copies of software that you have a license for if you have a disc read error (scratch or otherwise)...wonder if Disney would do that.

CD Shopping,
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Hey, I didn't say you'd find it cheap, I just said you might find it.
    Right you are, but you can also find some real bargains from time to time on e-bay, but you have to be quick.

Best bet for Disney stuff cheap seems to be at flea markets and/or garage/tag sales. DW bought me "mint" (never been opened) 2002 Kellogg's/Keebler 8" Mickey Mouse Bobble Head for $2 at garage sale last year.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Ah, but technically this is not legal, so don't do it on the boards please! (what you do in PM's is your own business)

They do make an "Official Album" every year, and many of the songs are repeated year after year. I even have an old LP and a cassette version from many moons ago. Some of the same songs are on the current ones!

Lou's suggestion about the new 2-disc set is good, too. There is a good mix of both old and new music on it. The track list can be found here in post #6: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ad.php?t=2170.
    You are so right about the copyright. I did change my post, but you must have replied before I changed it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Billy, you have a good point there, and you are correct about already having the rights. Do you have the copyright date for the disc you are looking to replace?

A quick search of ebay brought up 5 or so "Official Albums" starting around $25. Not that unreasonable for something out of print.

I know Disney does have some sort of replacement program for DVD's and their software. It might be worth a few phone calls to find out about CD's.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    There's also a 2 disc Happiest Celebration on Earth CD, which has a ton of music from the parks (including Soarin'!)
    I just saw that this past weekend at Target. Thanks for reminding me Lou, I need to go back and get it.

Oops! I just realized that the CD I saw wasn't a 2-disc set. I saw another one. Oh well, I can at least go purchase it.
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 06-22-2005 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Messed up
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    what was the one you saw at Target?

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile More Music

Hey there. for those fans of Disneyland they have out now a Box set of 6 cds, and an LP for sale. For any fan i think it is a must have. it is limited though. I got mine for about $100 but for regular guest it is about $125, so it is not cheap but i think it is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast