Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Thank you everyone for staying positive in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by zippitydoodah There are a few people who I just skip over now because I don't think I've ever read a single happy thing. - snip - I ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Thank you everyone for staying positive

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    There are a few people who I just skip over now because I don't think I've ever read a single happy thing.

- snip -

I do the same thing with people who just love every single thing and have not a bad thing to say...
    Fair enough.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Here's what kind of sparked my original post. I was reading another unnamed Disney message board discussing the Haunted Mansion queue. The orignal poster of the topic thought it was the most disgusting thing he or she had ever seen. And that this is why Disney is in the toliet. Now the posts have gone back and forth over the validity of the queue. A small amount said they didn't mind the others taking the opinion of the OP. And then as I looked at the rest of the topics it was pretty much along the lines of WDW is the worst park out there. They don't know what they're doing, it's an insult to Walt. However not once did I see anything offering a way to make things better.
    WDW Radio Android App.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I just want to clarify that I don't expect people to be all sunshine and rainbows all the time- thats not everyone's personality (its not mine!), but at the same time I love Disney... it's a huge part of my life, and part of this site is to discuss it in between trips (since I live pretty far). Yes, its a company but I think the vast majority of people on this site love it in the same way I do and love the magic that it brings to their life. I have relatives who think Disney is just a big money/soul ****ing corporation and they do nothing but bash and complain, and I just can only take so much of that. I come on here to share my love of Disney, not destroy it...

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Here's what kind of sparked my original post. I was reading another unnamed Disney message board discussing the Haunted Mansion queue. The orignal poster of the topic thought it was the most disgusting thing he or she had ever seen. And that this is why Disney is in the toliet. Now the posts have gone back and forth over the validity of the queue. A small amount said they didn't mind the others taking the opinion of the OP. And then as I looked at the rest of the topics it was pretty much along the lines of WDW is the worst park out there. They don't know what they're doing, it's an insult to Walt. However not once did I see anything offering a way to make things better.
    The queue was always going to create such a climate. The Haunted Mansion must surely be, far more so than Pirates I would argue, the high-water mark of WED Enterprises, and thus if anything is going to be jealously guarded then the Mansion will be the obvious choice.

I am 50/50 on the queue, and waiting to see it in person before making my own mind up. I am absolutely thrilled that Harriet Burns and Rolly Crump have finally been recognised, and I love the idea of being able to pose beside Gracey's tombstone for a photograph, despite not personally being too thrilled about where it is now situated.

The poster on your other forum was, I would suggest, motivated more by an immediate, heart-felt reaction rather than a collected, considered opinion. I can certainly understand why, because it is not exactly in keeping with the "arc" of the attraction.

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I acknowledge that I post negatively more often because I was fortunate enough to experience Disney in it's "heyday". I'm not really a movie guy but there are many old Disney movies I really enjoy. I say old because none of their newer offerings are special to me. The reason I love Disney is for Walt Disney World. I first went there as a fourth grader in 1976. Sadly, in the last two decades I've seen a steady decline in what is offered for my vacation dollar. While I still love many aspects of the parks, I can't help but notice and comment on what I feel are examples of what has been called "minusing". Too often, extraordinary attractions are left to rot, changed to a lesser version or removed completely. Lame excuses for their extinction or lies are all we get. Unless people voice their concerns these downgrades will continue until there is nothing special left.

It's often said by people in retrospect that the best teacher they ever had was the one who always pushed them to work harder. This was because that teacher never settled for mediocre work and made the student do their absolute best. As a result the student achieved more than they ever thought possible. That is what I want for the Walt Disney company and why I'm "negative" about some things..
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

DAR

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    The queue was always going to create such a climate. The Haunted Mansion must surely be, far more so than Pirates I would argue, the high-water mark of WED Enterprises, and thus if anything is going to be jealously guarded then the Mansion will be the obvious choice.

I am 50/50 on the queue, and waiting to see it in person before making my own mind up. I am absolutely thrilled that Harriet Burns and Rolly Crump have finally been recognised, and I love the idea of being able to pose beside Gracey's tombstone for a photograph, despite not personally being too thrilled about where it is now situated.

The poster on your other forum was, I would suggest, motivated more by an immediate, heart-felt reaction rather than a collected, considered opinion. I can certainly understand why, because it is not exactly in keeping with the "arc" of the attraction.
    Okay but to say it's the most disgusting thing ever. This was clearly a person who hasn't had any "real world" experience.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I do post on another popular site and I have to say this site is by far the nicest and family friendly. You can have a difference of opinion. But you don't have to get nasty and revert to name calling. The threads will go way off topic and an turn into something I never partake in. But not here. Love this site. Love the threads and personally think the members here are great.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    Okay but to say it's the most disgusting thing ever. This was clearly a person who hasn't had any "real world" experience.
    Well it certainly is not the most disgusting thing in the world, nor is it conceivably the most disgusting addition or change to a Disney park. Again, I would wager that your poster was typing "under the influence" of a fondness of the heart rather than a collected, rational opinion.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Sadly, in the last two decades I've seen a steady decline in what is offered for my vacation dollar. While I still love many aspects of the parks, I can't help but notice and comment on what I feel are examples of what has been called "minusing". Too often, extraordinary attractions are left to rot, changed to a lesser version or removed completely. Lame excuses for their extinction or lies are all we get. Unless people voice their concerns these downgrades will continue until there is nothing special left.
    I couldn't put it better myself. This is exactly where I am.

- Walt Disney

DAR

Perhaps

20K that was to your previous response.
    WDW Radio Android App.

I've only been going frequently in the past 10 years or so (I'm only 24) so I didn't know Disney in it's heyday... and yet I love the park. Maybe there is a generation gap, but I know I see people who don't want a thing to change and want Disney World to be a museum and just kind of roll my eyes. On the other hand, I'm jealous of people who got to experience the parks when they were "better" (if they indeed were). It still doesn't make it any less frustrating though... I mean, why keep going if you don't like the parks anymore and when you go you're just filled with anger/sadness/frustration at what it isn't? I really hope I never reach a point where I hate the parks, or where I'm not just utterly happy when I see that castle (I'm on 14 trips and counting)... Disney is my "thing" and it's such a huge part of my life!

In general I do agree that the attitude on this forum is very positive I for sure wouldn't be SO into the parks if it weren't for the internet and being able to discuss what I love so much with like-minded people! I remember being in grade 7 and going to a wedding where the couple was going to Disney World on their communion, and saying "what! adults can go to Disney for their HONEYMOON!?" and declaring that I would do it too. My family laughed and said I would change my mind, but here I am- engaged and with my honeymoon booked for Disney World. My family still laughs at me, but this is the only place where people are supportive and I don't have to feel embarrassed or silly

I have 3 kids, so "just don't go" isn't really an option. My kids love it and don't know how good it used to be. We bought a bunch of Park hoppers a few years ago and have about 7 days left. I don't know if we'll go much after they run out. I do know my wife has NO desire to ever go; she tolerates WDW purely for the children. I imagine we will not go as a couple once the children are grown. By that time, if it continues to worsen, I doubt I'll miss it myself.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I have 3 kids, so "just don't go" isn't really an option. My kids love it and don't know how good it used to be. We bought a bunch of Park hoppers a few years ago and have about 7 days left. I don't know if we'll go much after they run out. I do know my wife has NO desire to ever go; she tolerates WDW purely for the children. I imagine we will not go as a couple once the children are grown. By that time, if it continues to worsen, I doubt I'll miss it myself.
    But see, you contribute to the forums so often. Do you take pleasure in talking negatively about Disney? I'm just really very curious because you're on the of the people who I've often wondered "why is he on here?" I think if I had lost so much faith in Disney it would make me sad to come on here with all the passionate people...

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Do you take pleasure in talking negatively about Disney? I'm just really very curious because you're on the of the people who I've often wondered "why is he on here?" I think if I had lost so much faith in Disney it would make me sad to come on here with all the passionate people...
    I ignore the koolaid drinkers and enjoy exchanging posts with like minded individuals. If you saw me you wouldn't think I'm a Disney fan. But I am. I don't own a single shirt with Mickey Mouse on it. I don't talk about Disney to non-Disney people but I still value the experiences and memoriesI've had there.

I guess I'm a "glass half empty" kind of guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast