Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Miscellaneous Discuss Thank you everyone for staying positive in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by MartianCrab I ignore the koolaid drinkers and enjoy exchanging posts with like minded individuals. If you saw me you wouldn't think I'm a Disney fan. But I ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Thank you everyone for staying positive

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I ignore the koolaid drinkers and enjoy exchanging posts with like minded individuals. If you saw me you wouldn't think I'm a Disney fan. But I am. I don't own a single shirt with Mickey Mouse on it. I don't talk about Disney to non-Disney people but I still value the experiences and memoriesI've had there.

I guess I'm a "glass half empty" kind of guy.
    Hm, well I'll respect that I suppose (I don't own Disney shirts either by the way). I do hope though that the general hatred and bashing if it has to happen, stays focused towards the things the company does that people don't like- and not at the fans. This is a Disney fan community full of people who are passionate towards Disney World, and it really isn't the place to be making fun of people for being that way. That's not so much directed at you, as at people in general as I have seen a bit of it... Like I said, I come here to escape being made fun of or criticized for loving Disney and Disney World so much

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I hope it's OK to be critical of Disney from time to time. I certainly am. But the difference between this board and some others is the lack of petty bashing. Some sites are so nasty (I won't mention them by name) ((WDWMAGIC.COM WDW, Walt Disney World News Rumors Photos Reviews Discussion Forum)) that I would never post there. This is one of the few sites that is friendly, mature and CIVIL. It's tone is set by Lou I would say.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I miss your keel boats, Mike.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

i don't mind some negativity towards the park... but not a lot

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Like I said, I come here to escape being made fun of or criticized for loving Disney and Disney World so much
    There will always be someone...just shrug off what they say and ignore them... trolls loose interest rather fastly...
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Because Disney is a business and we are prolific consumers of its finished goods. It is a publicly-traded company, not a charity or some kindly grandmother. Disney has more than its share of faults as any other major corporation, indeed multiplied because it is based on and frequently evokes the legacy of an actual human being.
    Exactly. I have little tolerance for the Hands off or you are a Disney hater. I am a stock holder, I love the parks. I do hate some of the choices Disney has made i.e. Future World. Empty or near empty buildings is not a plus from the Epcot of yester-year. I get to be disappointed.

I personally have not encountered anyone on this forum who "hates every single thing" about Disney;
    neither have I.

You would end up like KingCrab, for example, who would not tolerate any dissent...

He did go away. We do however have his re-incarnation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    I do post on another popular site and I have to say this site is by far the nicest and family friendly. You can have a difference of opinion. But you don't have to get nasty and revert to name calling. The threads will go way off topic and an turn into something I never partake in. But not here. Love this site. Love the threads and personally think the members here are great.
    Yep. We do get heated and sometimes things are berated to death but normally we welcome everyone into our fold.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    But see, you contribute to the forums so often. Do you take pleasure in talking negatively about Disney? I'm just really very curious because you're on the of the people who I've often wondered "why is he on here?" I think if I had lost so much faith in Disney it would make me sad to come on here with all the passionate people...
    Confused? This is worded oddly so I don't want to take it wrong. Are you saying we can only be passionate about Disney if we say only positive things? If we find something we disagree about it becomes why are we here? I'm hoping I am missing the point.

I can find so many posts about food I love and then food I've hated. Attractions I've loved and others I will never go on again. Rehabs that worked, others that I believe Disney ruined. Abandoned eyesores I am in disbelief Disney leaves in plain sight and wonders of Board Walk that make my eyes twinkle. Do I love Disney World? Yes, do I believe they have room for improvement, yes. Do I believe people who have constructive criticisms for Disney should be able to express them, yes. That is the value of a discussion forum.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    [/I]

Confused? This is worded oddly so I don't want to take it wrong. Are you saying we can only be passionate about Disney if we say only positive things? If we find something we disagree about it becomes why are we here? I'm hoping I am missing the point.

I can find so many posts about food I love and then food I've hated. Attractions I've loved and others I will never go on again. Rehabs that worked, others that I believe Disney ruined. Abandoned eyesores I am in disbelief Disney leaves in plain sight and wonders of Board Walk that make my eyes twinkle. Do I love Disney World? Yes, do I believe they have room for improvement, yes. Do I believe people who have constructive criticisms for Disney should be able to express them, yes. That is the value of a discussion forum.
    Nope, YOU are not who I'm talking about at all (I've seen you say many nice things in general)... nor did you get my point.

I more mean martian crab who said he doesn't enjoy the parks and admitted to pretty much having an always negative point of view of Disney... then why be on here SO much posting? What does he get out of this?

In addition, there have been posts made before (like "which poll is your favourite type of Disney Poll") which seem to be mocking people on this site... just for loving Disney. Discuss and criticize the parks and the company, not the people- JUST because they're so passionate about Disney. That's what I'm saying. Some posts just almost have a "haha look at these idiots and how much they love disney!" vibe, which seems odd to me in a Disney fan forum...

anyways, it doesnt really matter in the end, I'll just go on as before. Like I said, you're not one of the people I was talking about... yes, you have opinions... but they are a balanced mix of good and bad, so I take you seriously. I've always liked you and I'm sorry that you seem confused about where I'm coming from.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Honest criticism is entirely different than bashing. Making observations (admitedly based on opinion and observation) is wildly different than just spewing vitriol..

ex "It seems like more attraction are in need of repair or things seem a bit run down with peeling paint etc." versus "Disney stinks now!"
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123