Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss My doctor is an IDIOT. in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, I have obstructive sleep apnea. I snore real bad and sometimes stop breathing. It's hereditary -- my dad and brother have it too. Anyway I've discovered over the years ...
    Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

My doctor is an IDIOT.

Ok, I have obstructive sleep apnea. I snore real bad and sometimes stop breathing. It's hereditary -- my dad and brother have it too.

Anyway I've discovered over the years that for some reason my OSA goes away when I sleep on Disney property. Whether in a resort hotel, the campground or even a Disney ship, it doesn't matter. I sleep like a little mouse.

I presented this discovery to my doctor and asked for a prescription to spend the rest of my life on Disney property. He refused to write it for me, even after I begged. He sort of laughed at me a little bit and that hurt my feelings.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: My doctor is an IDIOT.

File charges against him.

The evil, evil *******.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I can't imagine this! I mean they just came out with that study where those with sleep apnea are more at risk of stroke! And he won't write a prescription! OH MY! Where the AMA when you need them!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Find where he lives and burn his house to the ground?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Unfortunately, it sounds like your doc may have had a heartectomy at some point. At least, that's my diagnosis. But, I'm not a doctor so don't hold me to that.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Get a new doctor.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    Ok, I have obstructive sleep apnea. I snore real bad and sometimes stop breathing. It's hereditary -- my dad and brother have it too.

Anyway I've discovered over the years that for some reason my OSA goes away when I sleep on Disney property. Whether in a resort hotel, the campground or even a Disney ship, it doesn't matter. I sleep like a little mouse.

I presented this discovery to my doctor and asked for a prescription to spend the rest of my life on Disney property. He refused to write it for me, even after I begged. He sort of laughed at me a little bit and that hurt my feelings.

I wonder if stress creates your sleep apnea. Hmm, wonder if you could get grant money to study that. Seems a much longer and more comprehensive study involving YOU would be perfect.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.