Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Hoop De Doo in the News & Rumors forums; Hi Guys Have any of you done Hoop De Doo - more specifically, have you gone to Hoop De Doo on your own? This is one of the dinner shows ...
    missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Hoop De Doo

Hi Guys

Have any of you done Hoop De Doo - more specifically, have you gone to Hoop De Doo on your own? This is one of the dinner shows I've not done before ('cos hubby has never fancied it) and I'm trying to decide whether to go on the 13th May for the 9.30pm showing. Things is, I'm flying solo on this trip and not sure if I'm going to look like a bit of a sad-loner all on my own. This looks like a very family/ground oriented thing to go to...

...any suggestions?
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Hoop De Doo

I'd go! I've never done it but it sounds like fun and I'd go solo or not

NavyMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

I remember going as a kid. I was chosen to go on stage. It was really fun! But I know you are an adult not a kid. I have not been in a long time but we are going in May and I think it will be a blast. I hear the food is great and all you can eat! It is very interactive and I think you could have a great time by yourself. I would say don't let flying solo keep you from experiencing the things you want to do. The food is done family style from what I understand. they bring out pales of food and you just grab and stuff your face! I figure they would place you at a table with other people so you will still get to experience it with others. Most WDW guests are very friendly so I am sure you will make quick friends. All that to say: GO FOR IT! If you go report back what you thought especially about going solo!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd go. We did this as a Christmas Dinner and it was fun and the food was pretty good. Make the request to be seated with others. It is family style. When I dropped my son off at the college program and had 2 days on my own after, I ate at Germany and sat with two other families. It was nice, people tend to be more friendly on a whole at Disney.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I went long ago and it was fun. If you are comfortable solo at WDW restaurants anyway, give it a try.

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

We go to it every time we go to Disney! We love it! It can get on bearable(as in laughing so hard you can not take a bite of your food) at times but it is well worth it. Last time we went to Disney we took my bil and sister and my bil does not laugh at all, He was rolling on the floor. He could not keep a straight face at all. Enjoy it is fun. Enjoy the strawberry short cake! :0)