Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss How is reusing a refillable mug *not* stealing? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy I still think a better idea is to just include these mugs in the cost of a resort stay. The unit cost on the mugs and ...
    KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: How is reusing a refillable mug *not* stealing?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I still think a better idea is to just include these mugs in the cost of a resort stay. The unit cost on the mugs and fountain soft drinks is very low. When you check into your resort, you recieve a mug for each member of your party. The cost is already built into the price... same as the free breakfast cost is built into the price of other off-site hotels. You wouldn't have to bring the mug back each year because you would pick up new mugs each visit. Oh well, just a thought.
    And as for re-using them, I know Six Flags in Texas changed the color and/or design of mugs they use every month or so, so even if you do try to bring it back and re-use it, you can't because they'll only fill current mugs.

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by KacieG View Post
    And as for re-using them, I know Six Flags in Texas changed the color and/or design of mugs they use every month or so, so even if you do try to bring it back and re-use it, you can't because they'll only fill current mugs.
    The big difference here is a) you refill your own mug and b) no one is paying attention to the people standing at the drink fountains.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    ..and coffee!
    Yes. Free soda AND coffee. I don't drink coffee or soda. My wife loves coffee, though. Trouble is, she hates Disney. So I'll stick with filling my mug with juice and iced tea each and every time. Don't like it? Come and stop me, Disney. Bring it on!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    she hates Disney
    Say WHAT? Wow. I think I'd be getting a divorce if my husband hated Disney. No wait we would've never gotten married. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

...yew hear that diiiiznee!!!!i'm callin' yew out!!!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

May Randy Rest in Peace!

And sorry Willie for the hijacking of your thread... from rant to Randy. Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Say WHAT? Wow. I think I'd be getting a divorce if my husband hated Disney. No wait we would've never gotten married. LOL
    Nah. I knew it going in. But she'll visit the parks with me most of the time on my annual trips. I'm the type of person who only needs to hit up the parks on one day, plus the Christmas party. And since that's PLENTY for her, we're actually OK. Leaves more time for her to go outlet shopping and for us to just relax while we're there. Maybe even take a drive down to Ft Lauderdale to visit her family.

For instance, one of her favorite places to stop for lunch right after we land is Bahama Breeze, so I always make sure we do that:

And yes, she will break down and do my annual Crystal Palace character breakfast with me:

So even though she hates it, she's a good egg.
    Last edited by supernova; 07-13-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Jerry McTavish is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Ok so... threads like this are, to me, a method of flame bating (no personal offsense meant to you Steamboatwillie - I understand you were in essence venting about a topic that many people have expressed frustration with before). Obviously no one is going to respond to this saying "We re-use our cups every year, who cares?" because they don't want to be flamed in resonse. LOL

Me... I have always loved the idea of the resort cups but thought that truly, when it comes down to it, unless you can re-use them on multiple stays (maybe limiting it to the resort they were purchased at though) they aren't much more than a sourvenier. It's sort of like the concept of charging for a paper cup when all you want is water.

When does that start do you know (or anyone)?
    According to the description of the dining plan on the Walt Disney World website, it goes into effect 01/01/2012 when the 2012 Disney Dining plan begins.
    Let The Memories Begin

How have I never once used the dining plan???

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Yeah it's a nice item. I remember a few years ago I used it and every meal, I would get the most expensive thing on the menu ... I would imagine that they've changed that now.
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We've never done the Dining Plan. We use our TIW card or DVC discount at restaurants. It helps!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow

We stopped getting the refillable mugs when they stopped being resort specific. I got them more as a souvenir than for drinks. We mostly stay DVC. So, we stock up our fridge with drinks for the duration of our stay.

I saw an article the other day on the new drink stations they are testing at WDW. I started a thread on the matter HERE. Check it out!

( My 100th post! )
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    We've never done the Dining Plan. We use our TIW card or DVC discount at restaurants. It helps!
    Same here. For a while, they weren't even allowing DVC members to use their precious meal plan. But still, I rarely, if ever, spend upwards of $50 a person on meals a day. It just never seemed to work out.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Ah. Cheers Jenn!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast