Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Why do some people hate Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; It's kind of funny. Back when Thelonious Monk first started playing his own version of Bebop in NYC most fans thought he didn't have much musical ability. They thought because ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

It's kind of funny. Back when Thelonious Monk first started playing his own version of Bebop in NYC most fans thought he didn't have much musical ability. They thought because his music sounded rather odd, and somewhat out of tune, he didn't know what he was doing.

It wasn't until they found out that what he was doing was approximating quarter tones on the piano that his unbelievable and unrivaled genius was truly appreciated.

We, as fans, often make terribly incorrect assumptions.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    My one buddy in Florida would also be glad to sit down with you and explain the highly technical style that McCartney introduced to Rock music. He could demonstrate all the crazy inversions and orchestral approach he used that blew musicians minds far and wide back then.
    I've had the benefit of spending a lot of time with serious musicians who have pointed out a great number of things to me. If you choose to believe the Beatles had limited musical ability, that's fine. But, you couldn't be more wrong.
    So I have to sit down and listen to a lecture from your smart musical friend...that seems like a lot of work to try to appreciate the beatles. I think I'll just keep my opinion and hate them if it's all the same to you.
    As you said before it's all subjective.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

It is subjective, but you are still wrong.
    WDW Radio Android App.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

...to you...
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

No, to pretty much every Rock musician who has came since, and many musicians in other genres who have taken their influence and applied it.

See, musicians don't tend to overrate other musicians. They weren't somehow fooled into thinking The Beatles were a great band. You know, they kind of know because they are musicians as well.

How you're judged by your peers is far more indicative than how you're judged by someone who doesn't have the slightest clue. Especially those in a laughably small minority.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 08-01-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Getting back on topic....

If someone doesn't want to go to WDW or even DL, then you can't really make them. If you try and cram it down their throat, then they will resist even more than before.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

I think for many of those poor souls who hate Disney has nothing to do with the parks or the movie, but the fact that Disney is a large corporation
    WDW Radio Android App.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

People hate Disney for many reasons, just like we can hate anything for any number of reasons. For a person like me who grew up going to Disney at least once a year and still go every year, it is hard to imagine because it has been a part of my entire life. However, people who weren't fortunate enough to have that kid of childhood may not understand why I am so fascinated with it.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

I wish more people hated WDW, to be perfectly honest. May Splash and Everest someday be walk-on attractions!!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Subscribed.

If we can dream it, we can do it

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

Totally off topic- MoNoyz you're my hero for mentioning Steve Earle and Son Volt in a WDW msg board post!
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

This thread is crackin' me up...!!!
    I'm old, and could go into ALL of this in MASSIVE depth...but, it's more fun to just sit and watch the carnage!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Quote Originally Posted by PAdisneygirl View Post
    Totally off topic- MoNoyz you're my hero for mentioning Steve Earle and Son Volt in a WDW msg board post!
    Next up: Wilco and Drive-by Truckers!

Oh, and show's over folks.

People who aren't musicians impugning the musical ability of some of the most respected and admired musicians in history is a lunacy even I cannot fight against any longer.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    Subscribed.

Haha!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    This thread is crackin' me up...!!!
    I'm old, and could go into ALL of this in MASSIVE depth...but, it's more fun to just sit and watch the carnage!
    I'm all ears!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast