Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Why do some people hate Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; Wow. Suddenly I'm really glad I started this spin-off, just by my agreeing with the anti-Beatles mention. But yes, time to let it simmer and move back to the topic ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

Wow. Suddenly I'm really glad I started this spin-off, just by my agreeing with the anti-Beatles mention. But yes, time to let it simmer and move back to the topic at hand.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i find it interesting now where people are finding ways to knock Disney... there is a major anti-Disney sentiment that i seem to hear about how the parks look right now with the construction... i have had conversations with people who say things like, "well when Universal did Harry Potter there wasnt so much boarded up and it wasnt noticeable... This makes Universal better..."

really... you have to be kidding me... considering HP land was put in the back corner of the park literally forcing you to walk all of IoA to get there... oh and btw... Disney is trying to integrate what was previously in Fantasyland to the new part... so it doesnt look like it was just dropped in there... a crazy argument to have...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hating Disney was a counter-cultural idea in the 70's/80's. Some people are just too punk for Disney. That's A-OK for them.

Judging by the initial sentiments in this thread, it's not the dislike people have for Disney, but more the putting down of it that some people seem to enjoy. I always have a hard time understanding people that seek to validate their own likes by stating that the things they dislike are not good. Those things are usually good to someone else, and when you express your distaste, you just bring everyone down. This is evidenced by three pages of "I like this band, but that band ****s because I don't like them" going on in this thread.

Like what you like. Seek out people who like it too. Don't waste time disliking things. When you do, you just waste time.

Then the question becomes, are we discussing people hating Disney parks? Disney the machine?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Then the question becomes, are we discussing people hating Disney parks? Disney the machine?
    I would agree that it is hating Disney the machine. Last semester, in my Film as Literature class, a girl said, and I quote, "I wish Pixar would take a year off so someone else can win [an Oscar] for once."
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Posting this type of question on a forum where everyone has come because they have at least one thing in common, a love of Disney, probably opens (or opened in this case) it up to being a war of words and opinions.

The bottom line is, we are all open to like and dislike what we want, that's the beauty of being free thinking human beings. Why do people like some things and dislike others? Because they are free to do so. Everyone has their own opinions. To make it specific... do I understand why anyone could dislike a visit to Epcot? No... but I don't have to understand it, I just have to accept it.

If the world was full of like minded people, who all agreed on what was fun and what wasn't, what was entertaining and what wasn't, etc. it'd be an awfully boring place!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    If the world was full of like minded people, who all agreed on what was fun and what wasn't, what was entertaining and what wasn't, etc. it'd be an awfully boring place!
    Or a forum, for that matter. The cynics help the world go 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    see i always see it as hating Disney the machine... many of them dont ever give the parks a try because of it... and those who do are looking for something to complain about... can you imagine that...? going on vacation just to complain about where you went... amazing...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Mickey's my man is offline B-Ticket Holder

Because the haters secretly love it, they just don't want to admit it.
    My Happy Place!
    "Follow Rafiki! He know's the way!"
    "I'm Tigger! T-i-double G-er!"
    "I will call you squishy and you will be my squishy"
    "Lady's do not start fights but they can finish them!"
    "Dreams come True!"
    "If you can dream it, you can do it!" -Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's my man View Post
    Because the haters secretly love it, they just don't want to admit it.
    I doubt that.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

yeh... they really hate it... but they generally have no real reason for their hatred...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

Most people that i have talked to that hate Disney have never really been exposed to Disney. They have never been to the parks. They haven't watched many Disney movies. They really know nothing about Disney at all.

thats what im thinking... they never gave it a chance... and in most cases they never will because they are happy with their hatred... i say leave em with it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    thats what im thinking... they never gave it a chance... and in most cases they never will because they are happy with their hatred... i say leave em with it...
    Exactly.

This was part of the point I was making earlier when the Crabapple brothers went on their anti-everythingtheyhate screed.

I think it takes an incredibly small mind to claim you hate something you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    see i always see it as hating Disney the machine... many of them dont ever give the parks a try because of it... and those who do are looking for something to complain about... can you imagine that...? going on vacation just to complain about where you went... amazing...
    I would imagine that some people want a hassle-free vacation. And anyone who has ever planned a trip to Disney certainly knows that it's anything but hassle-free. Look at the boards... filled with posts about people who are booking dinner five monts in advance of their trips. It can get insane. Then when you get there, it's go-go-go all the time. Crowds, lines, heat. If I'm going to enjoy heat, it had better be on the white sands in front of crystal clear blue water. Vacations are about relaxing for many people.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast