Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124
Miscellaneous Discuss Why do some people hate Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; you have a good point there....
  1. #106
    SnwhtNdwrfs's Avatar
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Posts
    45,946

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    you have a good point there.


  2. #107
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Kinda makes you wish more people hated WDW! Especially during the holidays...

  3. #108
    Evilduckqueen's Avatar
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    2,596

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    I know a lot of people, who don't like Disney, purely on what animations they have seen. Just because Disney animation is more geared towards children these days, that they assume that liking Disney as an adult is childish. I've had so many people comment on the fact, that I am going on a Disney honeymoon. Most people respond with " Why do you want to go there for?" Or I get laughed at until they realise I am serious.

    I don't think it is hating the Disney corporation, It is mainly people not understanding what Disney really is. They just see the animations, and assume it is all about 5 years olds. Unless you have an avid interest, or kids, most people won't want to be educated about it.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

  4. #109
    MartianCrab's Avatar
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympus Mons, Sector 7; Mars
    Posts
    906

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I don't think it is hating the Disney corporation, It is mainly people not understanding what Disney really is. They just see the animations, and assume it is all about 5 years olds. Unless you have an avid interest, or kids, most people won't want to be educated about it.
    Here we go again...some people know exactly what Disney is and hate it just the same. I live a three hour drive away from WDW. Most people down here are very familiar with the Disney brand, the parks, etc....and yet they don't want to go there. My best friend has lived here in south Florida since the late 60s and HATES Disney. It's not because he's ignorant; he simply doesn't like it.
    He took his kids there last year and doesn't want to return. Those of you who keep insisting that people who don't like Disney do so because they lack understanding, are just plain wrong.
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 08-08-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

  5. #110
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I know a lot of people, who don't like Disney, purely on what animations they have seen. Just because Disney animation is more geared towards children these days, that they assume that liking Disney as an adult is childish. I've had so many people comment on the fact, that I am going on a Disney honeymoon. Most people respond with " Why do you want to go there for?" Or I get laughed at until they realise I am serious.

    I don't think it is hating the Disney corporation, It is mainly people not understanding what Disney really is. They just see the animations, and assume it is all about 5 years olds. Unless you have an avid interest, or kids, most people won't want to be educated about it.
    Yeah, I've experienced that some as well.

    The bottom line here is that are a number of reasons why people don't like WDW. Sometimes it comes from experience, sometimes it comes from lack of adventurous spirit! In the end it hardly matters, but it was an interesting question to explore, I suppose.

  6. #111
    BamaJenn's Avatar
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Idea Bag
    Posts
    8,572

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    To me it's the same concept that I keep to with my son. Try it once and if you don't like it you never have to do it again. If a person has been to a Disney park, did their thing, and came out not liking it (I still say hate is an awfully strong word) then so be it. To each their own. I may not understand it, but I accept it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

  7. #112
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Here we go again...some people know exactly what Disney is and hate it just the same. I live a three hour drive away from WDW. Most people down here are very familiar with the Disney brand, the parks, etc....and yet they don't want to go there. My best friend has lived here in south Florida since the late 60s and HATES Disney. It's not because he's ignorant; he simply doesn't like it.
    He took his kids there last year and doesn't want to return. Those of you who keep insisting that people who don't like Disney do so because they lack understanding, are just plain wrong.
    i think your right... i think they just do not like it... and it does not matter what you say do or show them... it will not change their mind... in that sense i say leave em be... i dont like it when people try to push things on me... so i know how they feel... are they missing out... yes i think they are... but if they dont... then its their prerogative...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  8. #113
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Here we go again...some people know exactly what Disney is and hate it just the same. I live a three hour drive away from WDW. Most people down here are very familiar with the Disney brand, the parks, etc....and yet they don't want to go there. My best friend has lived here in south Florida since the late 60s and HATES Disney. It's not because he's ignorant; he simply doesn't like it.
    He took his kids there last year and doesn't want to return. Those of you who keep insisting that people who don't like Disney do so because they lack understanding, are just plain wrong.
    Thank you. I'm sure it also has NOTHING to do with people who with such fervor over Disney constantly pushing them to go.
    "I don't want to go to Disney."
    "No? But you'll love it."
    "Really, it's not my thing. I don't like it. I'd rather not go."
    "But it's so awesome there. I promise you'll love it."
    "Thanks, but no. I would rather see Europe."
    "Perfect! There's a Disney in Paris you could go to!"
    "Yeah, you know what? I don't think I'll be doing that. Maybe I'll go to Italy."
    "They have a train that takes you to Paris from there. Disney is the most magical place on earth. You'll love it, I guarantee it!!!"

    I mean seriously, look at all of the pro-Disney posts in this thread alone. People don't like Disney? Leave them alone. People don't like the smell or taste of fish? Don't insist that they'll like it. Maybe they've tried it and hated it. "Oh, but you've never tried salmon the way my grandmother makes it..." Point is, they tried it and don't like it, no matter what the spin.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  9. #114
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Thank you. I'm sure it also has NOTHING to do with people who with such fervor over Disney constantly pushing them to go.
    "I don't want to go to Disney."
    "No? But you'll love it."
    "Really, it's not my thing. I don't like it. I'd rather not go."
    "But it's so awesome there. I promise you'll love it."
    "Thanks, but no. I would rather see Europe."
    "Perfect! There's a Disney in Paris you could go to!"
    "Yeah, you know what? I don't think I'll be doing that. Maybe I'll go to Italy."
    "They have a train that takes you to Paris from there. Disney is the most magical place on earth. You'll love it, I guarantee it!!!"

    I mean seriously, look at all of the pro-Disney posts in this thread alone. People don't like Disney? Leave them alone. People don't like the smell or taste of fish? Don't insist that they'll like it. Maybe they've tried it and hated it. "Oh, but you've never tried salmon the way my grandmother makes it..." Point is, they tried it and don't like it, no matter what the spin.
    mike, im right there with you... thats what im thinking too...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  10. #115
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    I think another point we're missing is that the average amusement park attendee does not NEED themeing. They go, ride a few roller coasters, hit the water park in the sumer, and go home. Six Flags, Busch Gardens (and all the Busch parks) are alive and well, primarily thanks to locals who just want to ride rides and play games. Hershey is themed, but it's more of a novelty than anything else. I have Six Flag's Great Adventure and Dorney Park (a Busch family park) within an hour and a half of my house and they're fine as far as amusement parks go. Sure, maybe Bugs Bunny is walking around in one and Charlie Brown in the other. But that's not the reason you attend. Want to see characters? Visit Sesame Place.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  11. #116
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I think another point we're missing is that the average amusement park attendee does not NEED themeing. They go, ride a few roller coasters, hit the water park in the sumer, and go home. Six Flags, Busch Gardens (and all the Busch parks) are alive and well, primarily thanks to locals who just want to ride rides and play games. Hershey is themed, but it's more of a novelty than anything else. I have Six Flag's Great Adventure and Dorney Park (a Busch family park) within an hour and a half of my house and they're fine as far as amusement parks go. Sure, maybe Bugs Bunny is walking around in one and Charlie Brown in the other. But that's not the reason you attend. Want to see characters? Visit Sesame Place.
    I gotta say I just went to Hershey about a months ago and I will say that I noticed a major difference... Not that the average everyday guest would... But what they would notice is the distinct lack of air conditioned buildings compared to WDW...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  12. #117
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    I guess Hershey only needs air a few months out of the year. But when they do, it's HOT.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

    Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  13. #118
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    i know... though thats what i thought too... really only needed like July through August...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  14. #119
    Dizisit's Avatar
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Austin, Texas Autopia
    Posts
    15,378

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    117 posts of beating a dead horse...
    Will someone beat this thread to death already?
    Please...?
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

  15. #120
    MartianCrab's Avatar
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympus Mons, Sector 7; Mars
    Posts
    906

    Re: Why do some people hate Disney?

    Or you could simply "unsubscribe" .
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I hate it when people take Disney the Wrong Way
    By disneybuff100 in forum WDW Theme Parks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
  2. Disney sells some of its world
    By Kellie19891992 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 08:54 PM
  3. My proposed Disney theme park resort
    By KentB3 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 01:49 PM
  4. Employment at Disney?
    By Winnie in forum The Walt Disney Company
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:41 PM
  5. March Disney on Travel Channel
    By Kellie19891992 in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •