Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss AAA Diamond Parking Question in the News & Rumors forums; Dunno if anyone here has any ideas but I figured I would give it a shot. I just called AAA to inquire about the Diamond Parking passes and was told ...
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

AAA Diamond Parking Question

Dunno if anyone here has any ideas but I figured I would give it a shot.

I just called AAA to inquire about the Diamond Parking passes and was told its only good for qhen you purchases your tickets and hotel at the same time. I bought my pass thru them, and I book hotels thru them a few times a month and it looks like I can't get one. They were nice about it, but that didnt make me like the answer anymore. The associate checked with her manager and explained that has been the rule since January.

Anyone have any ideas? (Aside from comvincing my brother to buy a pass next time I get a hotel)

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    You could buy one on eBay if you absolutely had to have one. It's good for the whole year, so a lot of people will use it and then resell it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...537243121&rd=1
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

if I average that out per visit its not too bad actually, but at the same time I wish AAA would help me out for the 2 - 3 reservations a month and the pass purchase... hmmm

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    we had one last year and never got to use it- the lots were always full

Will they accept your AAA card to park ?
    I was told by a rep up here in Ny that you could do that- but I dont know how true that is.

I would doubt that greatly or else why would there be permits, why would they have experations, and how special would it be at that point given the vast number of AAA members. Would be nice.

It didnt start out that way

it was that way when we first started going - we got to park using our card

people just abused the system

and like I said we had the permit and there wasnt any spots left when we were there-
    so it didnt matter

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    It didnt start out that way

it was that way when we first started going - we got to park using our card

people just abused the system

and like I said we had the permit and there wasnt any spots left when we were there-
    so it didnt matter
    Don't know about the new pasess, but AAA used to pass them out like candy for any type of WDW purchase a few years ago. Like you said that was then; this is now and you had to get to the parks very early to use them. The old ones were not good for parking fees, only to get close in parking.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

thanks Jiminy

We did get there early at each one of the parks we visited - they seemed to decrease the amount of AAA spots - a lot less than we had noticed in previous visits

John - do you want me to check up here to see if I can get you one- it seems that we can get them alot easier than you can

Like I said - we didnt even have a package booked thru AAA one of the years we went - they just gave us the parking pass

if you can check I'd gladly reimburse you for your time, but if its a pain dont worry. im in good health and should be nogiating with aaa if I wanna be that lazy. your call. I appreciate your offering.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I have called diff AAA offices about the same thing and got diff answers....I think I knew more about the ticket prices for WDW then they did...So if one office doens't give you what you need try a diff one...

SOOOO,,,johnatthebar- are you gonna meet MommytoMJM and us at the park sept 11th...check out my thread on it
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn