Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss New Disney "Premium" Credit Card in the News & Rumors forums; Not sure if this has been reported here yet, but I just left my local Disney Store (with two great Christmas ornaments) here on Staten Island and learned that sometime ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

New Disney "Premium" Credit Card

Not sure if this has been reported here yet, but I just left my local Disney Store (with two great Christmas ornaments) here on Staten Island and learned that sometime in 2012, Disney will be releasing a new premium version of their credit card. According to the store cashier, current card holders were complaining that it takes to long to be able to accumulate points. Starting next year, there will be a new fee-based card (probably $49/year), and points will be easier to gain. While she didn't have much by way of details to share yet, she did say that trips to the Disney parks will be a phenominal way to rack up points on the card!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New Disney "Premium" Credit Card

While I've never been a fan of credit cards, I might have to at least look into this.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

I am using the current one and never really had much luck with it until this year. I booked a nice cruise for my wife and I for next weekend, so between the cruise and flight, we had a good amount of money spent. Then there was our vow renewal in Jamaica in April. So I have quite a few Disney Dollars racked up (for once).
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

That is funny because about a week or so ago I heard they were doing away with points all together.

At the beginning of the summer I took a survery about the new card. My problem is I hate paying to have a credit card. I don't think any of mine have any annual dues on them.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

MSDinNH is offline A-Ticket holder

I really only use my Disney card as a bake up to my Amex. But if the points accrued quicker, I may use it more often.

Boca Chica is offline A-Ticket holder

I also took the survey about the new Premiere card. That was the last I heard of it until this post.

I hope they don't do away with the points! We use this card a lot and already have plans for how to spend the points on next year's trip.
    Stacy

I never got a survey. At first, the draw to the card, for me, was that there was no annual fee. However, this whole 1% nonsense is crazy, and I have yet to (personally) receive any information on the occassional 3-5% promotions.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I've never been a fan of paying for credit cards... pay them off, yes... pay to own one, no. I guess you have to do the math to see if you "make" back your $49 each year.

That was my point to the cashier. You would need to spend $490 just to break even on the current point system. And while it's nice to receive money on the backend, you can't let your short term memory lapse to not recall the $49 you paid up front. If the new point system is vastly improved, and and if the rate isn't much higher than $49 (with Disney and Visa, you never really can be too sure), it might be worth considering.

MrCottonsParrot is offline B-Ticket Holder

I took that survey recently as well. I'd strongly consider signing up for the premium card, to accelerate rewards points.

We should be able to pay for the $49 annual fee and still come out ahead, points-wise I believe.
    Too many trips 'home' to list here
    DCL veteran of three trips
    DVC member since 2005
    Contributing writer for Celebrations magazine
    my blog - myhiddendisney.blogspot.com

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Oooo i wonder if ill be approved for my age , i was for amex
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Today I received THE most pointless mailer ever from Disney Credit Cards. Anyone else get this? It was a small full-color glossy booklet, sent in a glossy envelope, and basically said nothing. It was describing how you can redeem points, and then went on to list some of the most random items for points... DVDs, backpacks, snow globes, a vacation, etc. Thank goodness we're not paying a fee for THIS card, because we have some wacky people at the helm. It cost more to print and ship than the good it did for them. Oh well. Anyone else receive this waste of paper today?