Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss I hate Disney World when I'm there........But miss it when I'm not in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by DVCDad That's the beauty of us owning DVC. We go once a year, and if there's a long line, we all just say "We'll do it next ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: I hate Disney World when I'm there........But miss it when I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    That's the beauty of us owning DVC. We go once a year, and if there's a long line, we all just say "We'll do it next time."
    Exactly. Thanks to DVC, I have NEVER left a park not having ridden or seen something and feeling disappointed about it. Skip it till next time. Because there will always be a next time.

But I still do get to the point where, by the end of my fifth day when I'm packing up on that Thursday, I am ready to have lunch and head home. Done until next year. I actually got so burnt out over the past ten years of going once or twice every year that I am skipping this year. Need a break and there are so many other places on this planet to see.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Wow. After reading some of these follow-up posts maybe we should abandon our dream of bein' able to go to WDW at least once a year...?

NOT!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Exactly. Thanks to DVC, I have NEVER left a park not having ridden or seen something and feeling disappointed about it. Skip it till next time. Because there will always be a next time.

But I still do get to the point where, by the end of my fifth day when I'm packing up on that Thursday, I am ready to have lunch and head home. Done until next year. I actually got so burnt out over the past ten years of going once or twice every year that I am skipping this year. Need a break and there are so many other places on this planet to see.
    Exactly!

I think maybe we've just gone to many times over the last few years. The "grind" has lost it's luster and I think sometimes you can just go too much.

I think what I'm going to do is not plan to go back until the whole Fantasyland expansion is complete. That way when we go back there will be something fresh and new for us to explore and enjoy. Hopefully we can hold off a visit for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I have to admit as much as I am in love with WDW I have had similar moments. They don't last the entire trip but at times during a vacation I do wonder why I've spent a huge sum of money to put up with....insert whatever. We have done our trips so many different ways too. The vast majority were two week trips with length of stay type passed, with water parks and other bonus items. Been doing them since 1988 with kids. I think we had a better time being able to come and go, sleep in, because we are not early risers but can stay up late.

Our trips became more complicated with fastpasses and dining plan with the ADR's. Our vacations by the seat of our pants were no more. I'm forced to FP Soar'n or stand in a line for 180 minutes, or pick your popular attraction. I must make an ADR or I don't stand a chance of eating dinner at LeCeiller. We were in a stand by lane back a few years ago when my son was a CP. Chill'n in the long hot Everest line as some bullies were pushing there way through the line behind us, we could see the group of guys coming. The got to us and my DS put out his arm and halted them. Vulgar words and threats. My DS knew how to end it and he did. I'm in my head saying Im here with these people why, for a roller coaster?

I have more than my fair share of experiences with tour groups where they just remove the magic too and have yet to understand Disney's lack of ability to control their behavior. Our trips have been fewer and shorter with college aged kids where they were once long and at least annual. Now we are really tired when we return. Yet I try not to compare my trips from young children to teenagers to young adults. You can't. What works for entertaining the small doesn't for teens. Next family trip we will all be able to drink around the world.
    Yeah, don't get me started on the tour groups. I think our last trip in February had to be the worse by far with dealing with them. I've never seen such a thing.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I'll be honest, I've yet to have a Disney trip where I've been ready to go home... sure, I'm completely pooped by the end of most trips (I don't do relaxing-Disney - LOL), but whenever we get to our last night, I'm always a bit blue and the morning we go home is normally full of grumpy faces. That said, I can understand where a lot of you are coming from. Disney vacations can be VERY intense and it's not hard to see why a lot of guests go home needing to just chill after a week of madness!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    I'll be honest, I've yet to have a Disney trip where I've been ready to go home... sure, I'm completely pooped by the end of most trips (I don't do relaxing-Disney - LOL), but whenever we get to our last night, I'm always a bit blue and the morning we go home is normally full of grumpy faces. That said, I can understand where a lot of you are coming from. Disney vacations can be VERY intense and it's not hard to see why a lot of guests go home needing to just chill after a week of madness!
    That's a nice way to put it. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12