Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss And the Sheriff gets caught on Video in DHS parking lot. in the News & Rumors forums; Locking your car at WDW might not be enough: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ney-lot/nNPfj/...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Unhappy And the Sheriff gets caught on Video in DHS parking lot.

Locking your car at WDW might not be enough:

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ney-lot/nNPfj/
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: And the Sheriff gets caught on Video in DHS parking lot.

That's terrible, stealing the magic... and from law enforcement no less.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I'd call anyone who steals money from a child's wallet a lowlife but in this case, being a cop, he's even worse and I can't put the word here because it'll just show up as all asterics. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

He's not a police officer, he never really was. He was a thug with a badge and an embarrassment to everyone who has ever put on a uniform.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    He's not a police officer, he never really was. He was a thug with a badge and an embarrassment to everyone who has ever put on a uniform.
    I thought of you and what your opinion would be when you read it. Actually you were nicer than I though you would be.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I tempered my response since this is a family site!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

First, it wasn't the sherrif. It was a deputy. Subject line needs to be updated. Second, they're playing up the "children" angle. He didn't go into the mom's purse hoping to find a kid's wallet. It was there and he hit it up, too. Maybe mom gave dad all of the major money to carry in his wallet and the cop was annoyed because her wallet was empty and he was looking for more. Third, who the helI leaves their purse out in plain view in a parking lot? I don't care if you're on WDW or NYC, you don't do that. Stupid tourists. Fourth, what was her purse even doing in the car? My wife can't walk to the deli up the block without her bag. Unless she was smart and only packed a few essentials. Hopefully this wasn't one of those crazy families that upgrades their bag size when they are going to a park. The idea is carry as little as possible when you're going to be walking all day. Keep the giant backpacks in the car. So let's hope it was downsizing. Fifth, did they say if it was Disney security cameras or was he spotted by one of those mobile police unit raised command stations? Was he under survailance when he was spotted? Was he suspected of being dirty? Wonder how this one is going to pan out. And sixth, I'm glad to see that the used the Earful Tower and not that silly hat to identify the park. Nice.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Sometimes I can make sense of someone blaming a victim in a crime. Sometime it fits. But I'm sorry in this case the guy was nothing but a lowlife and a thief. Forget the child's wallet thing... he broke into a car and stole from someone. Period.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    First, it wasn't the sherrif. It was a deputy. Subject line needs to be updated. Second, they're playing up the "children" angle.
    Indeed you are correct. It does appear that most of the members have been able to comprehend the article though. I cannot update the title but it is obviously important to you, contact an administrator and they can change the subject line to your liking.

He didn't go into the mom's purse hoping to find a kid's wallet. It was there and he hit it up, too. Maybe mom gave dad all of the major money to carry in his wallet and the cop was annoyed because her wallet was empty and he was looking for more. Third, who the helI leaves their purse out in plain view in a parking lot? I don't care if you're on WDW or NYC, you don't do that. Stupid tourists. Fourth, what was her purse even doing in the car? My wife can't walk to the deli up the block without her bag. Unless she was smart and only packed a few essentials. Hopefully this wasn't one of those crazy families that upgrades their bag size when they are going to a park. The idea is carry as little as possible when you're going to be walking all day. Keep the giant backpacks in the car. So let's hope it was downsizing. Fifth, did they say if it was Disney security cameras or was he spotted by one of those mobile police unit raised command stations? Was he under survailance when he was spotted? Was he suspected of being dirty? Wonder how this one is going to pan out. And sixth, I'm glad to see that the used the Earful Tower and not that silly hat to identify the park. Nice.
    I'm not privy to what the deputy was thinking when he went into the Mom's purse but I won't make excuses for him or blame the guests or think it was ok to steal from kids because his intent was to steal from the Mom.

The video answered most of your questions.

I don't understand what you are insinuating about "Downsizing." What are you driving at?

Yes, they Sheriffs Office set up the sting. He was arrested. He admitted to doing it. He posted bail and is out and the Sheriff relieved him of his duties.

First, it wasn't the sherrif. It was a deputy. Subject line needs to be updated. Second, they're playing up the "children" angle. He didn't go into the mom's purse hoping to find a kid's wallet. It was there and he hit it up, too. Maybe mom gave dad all of the major money to carry in his wallet and the cop was annoyed because her wallet was empty and he was looking for more. Third, who the helI leaves their purse out in plain view in a parking lot? I don't care if you're on WDW or NYC, you don't do that. Stupid tourists. Fourth, what was her purse even doing in the car? My wife can't walk to the deli up the block without her bag. Unless she was smart and only packed a few essentials. Hopefully this wasn't one of those crazy families that upgrades their bag size when they are going to a park. The idea is carry as little as possible when you're going to be walking all day. Keep the giant backpacks in the car. So let's hope it was downsizing. Fifth, did they say if it was Disney security cameras or was he spotted by one of those mobile police unit raised command stations? Was he under survailance when he was spotted? Was he suspected of being dirty? Wonder how this one is going to pan out. And sixth, I'm glad to see that the used the Earful Tower and not that silly hat to identify the park. Nice.
    Being a former deputy assigned to a, pardon the expression, "white trash area" I was always referred to as either The Law or The Sheriff when I went out on something. Neither of which are correct but I ignored it. Now, as a simple police officer who's department is part of one of those "Public Safety" Conglomerates we are often referred to as Public Safety, which drives me nuts. Anyway back to the point.

Of course they are going to play up the child angle. It's sensational. I've learned to accept this ****. For the rest of this guy's life regardless of what else he does for a living up until the day he dies he if he gets in any more trouble he will be tagged as "Former Police Officer/Deputy Sherrif" not factory worker, gas station clerk or jerkface. Former cop. It burns me in places I can't mention on here.

The guy got stung. Good. I don't care if it was a Disney security camera, a Sheriff's Office Mobile Command Center tower cam or the camera of the leader of a Brazilian tour group who paused from running over other guests just long enough to catch this dirt ball being a dirt ball. He's a disgrace,

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

downsizing was meant that they brought less into the park... i think that what Mike meant... Listen i agree that this guy deserved what he got, but i too wonder why a person would leave their pocketbook visible in the car... though i am not blaming them i just know being a New Yorker and around a lot of open areas, you can never be too careful... just gotta be really careful... because you never know... look he was a deputy sheriff... i mean this is proof that it could be anyone...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

No one's debating whether or not this guy was slime. Definitely a classless person. Just don't like the story hyping up the "he stole from a child's wallet' angle. He didn't target the car because of the kid's wallet.

And thanks, Joe. You're right. I did mean downsizing the size of the bag. No need to bring giant backpacks or suitcases into the parks. People really tend to overdo it sometimes. I mean seriously. You're going to an amusement park for a day, not being cut off from civilization for two weeks.
    Last edited by supernova; 05-07-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

No one's debating whether or not this guy was slime. Definitely a classless person. Just don't like the story hyping up the "he stole from a child's wallet' angle. He didn't target the car because of the kid's wallet.

And thanks, Joe. You're right. I did mean downsizing the size of the bag. No need to bring giant backpacks or suitcases into the parks. People really tend to overdo it sometimes. I mean seriously. You're going to an amusement park for a day, not being cut off from civilization for two weeks.
    No problem Mike, I knew where you were going... it is amazing to see what people bring into the park that they think they might need only to realize its not necessary... been there done that... i used to save a water bottle and fill it up... now i just ask for ice water every where i go...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

That deputy is lucky he didn't run into me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    That deputy is lucky he didn't run into me!
    Sure, because I'm sure you it would want the highlight of your vacation to have wound up tazed, pepper sprayed or on the end of a rump kicking that results from a city/countywide officer needs assistance call. I understand and appreciate your sentiment but you gotta realize, if a cop calls for help there aren't many questions asked by the responding backup officers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast