Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss I sure am glad I'm not the only one! in the News & Rumors forums; It's nice to know that I'm not the only Disney kook out there. I say kook in a nice way just so you know. Every one that I work with ...
    Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

I sure am glad I'm not the only one!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only Disney kook out there. I say kook in a nice way just so you know. Every one that I work with knows that I'm the "Disney geek" so I just sit in my office with my resort mug filled with coffee listening to some of my favorite music from the parks and wonder how do the rest of these poor unfortunate souls make it through their drab day while I'm on permanent vacation everyday! They just don't get it!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: I sure am glad I'm not the only one!

It is nice to preach to the choir here isn't it. Most of us are in your camp. I own my own business so I can listen to my 4 parks music as loud as I wish all day while I work. It is so great to have that little happy place.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

I gues why everyone likes me is because thay don't know that i'm a disney kook. Thay know that i go to WDW a lot. But yes if i told them they just would not get it.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

The old saying, that has often been repeated here, always runs through my head...
    "For those that get it, no explanation is necessary. For those that don't, no explanation will do."

I used to stream MouseWorld Radio ALL day long in my old architectural office a few years back. Hopefully, now that the economy has improved around these parts enough for them to hire me back for occasional contract work, that will eventually evolve back into full-time again, in the relatively near future, and I'll be able to enjoy the Magic that way again!
    In the meantime, bein' a Lead Mgr. at TDS DEFINITELY gets me my Disney fix on a very regular basis!
    I intend to still work there when I can if and when I get the architecture gig full-time again...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I prefer the way Frank Zappa put it: I don't have the time or the patience to explain it to you. You either get it, or you don't.

I usually start my work day with a WDW podcast. I'll do a Jeremy Irons Spaceship Earth ride through at least once or twice a week. Same with Illuminations. Sometimes various background loops, etc...

Also, everyone that knows me already knows I'm an off-the-charts "Disgeek". I get plenty of good-natured ribbing by a lot of them all the time. Doesn't phase me one bit!
    I always tell them... "Don't knock the Magic 'til ya've tried it!" Some have and still don't get it...different strokes and all that, but all things Disney is DEFINITELY our happy place!
    One cool example from this last trip was when oldest DD's fiance' took a tour of "Walt Disney: One Mans Dream" this past trip in July and came out tellin' her... "I now understand your dad!" That actually made me tear up a bit when I heard her tell me that, 'cause he GETS it!
    And, he proceeded to to become a newbie "Disgeek" himself the rest of the trip...!
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 08-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I prefer the way Frank Zappa put it: I don't have the time or the patience to explain it to you. You either get it, or you don't.

I usually start my work day with a WDW podcast. I'll do a Jeremy Irons Spaceship Earth ride through at least once or twice a week. Same with Illuminations. Sometimes various background loops, etc...
    Yep, the Zappa quote works for me too.
    And yea, when I used to work late at the office and no one else was there, I used to blast the cheese outta' Illuminations from MouseWorld at 8p CT every night.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I only have an iPod Touch, so I can't stream Mouseworld at work because there is no wifi available. Wish I could, thugh. Either way, I've got several hours of music and ride throughs to listen to whenever I want. And I usually have 6-8 hours worth of podcasts at any given time as well.

Yea, I used to listen to all the podcasts too, and then MW until the next one came out at the office. Right now, between averaging about 60 hrs. per week from both TDS and the mens clothing store job, plus the contract work from my old firm, plus posting here, I'm lucky to work in any of that...other than passing out to it late at night...!
    ~ you know who

To quote Roger Murtaugh... "I'm too old for this $hi$."
    ~ you know who

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yea, I used to listen to all the podcasts too, and then MW until the next one came out at the office. Right now, between averaging about 60 hrs. per week from both TDS and the mens clothing store job, plus the contract work from my old firm, plus posting here, I'm lucky to work in any of that...other than passing out to it late at night...!
    Do you work at the Outlet or Lakeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I only have an iPod Touch, so I can't stream Mouseworld at work because there is no wifi available. Wish I could, thugh. Either way, I've got several hours of music and ride throughs to listen to whenever I want. And I usually have 6-8 hours worth of podcasts at any given time as well.
    That sounds like me. I don't like gettin behind on my podcast though.

Oh, I've never gotten behind on podcasts. Of course, I only listen to two WDW podcasts, so it's easy to stay up to date.

I do listen to other podcasts, but the WDW podcasts come first. No exceptions.

What's gets me though is when I have vacation planned and people at work ask where we're going and I tell them uh..Disney World. They always say AGAIN?!?!?. I'm like Yup!!

And what else gets me is when someone at work is planning to go to the World and it might be their first time or first time since they were kids I always try to give them the best advice and pointers and they NEVER follow the tips I give them. What the heck??

This one guys took his family for the first time and I tried to instill all my Mickey knowledge upon him so I asked him when he got back, so how did you like Soarin? And he says, oh we didn't get to ride that. And I say why not? He says the wait was too long and they didn't want to stand in line that long. I thought to myself, UGHHHHH! Didn't you read my tips on fast passes at Epcot. Especially for Soarin?? How can you miss Soarin!! I was so frustrated. They NEVER listen!!

I don't give much advice. Just general things. And that's only if they ask me.

If they don't ask I simply tell them I love the place and hope they really enjoy themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast