Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss You Know You're Obsessed With Disney when... in the News & Rumors forums; when...aside from making popcorn to watch the vacation planner video you are surprised when your face does not appear somewhere on the video bc you are there so often when...your ...
    GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    when...aside from making popcorn to watch the vacation planner video you are surprised when your face does not appear somewhere on the video bc you are there so often
    when...your bat mitzvah theme was disney and nobody was surprised!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

jennifer4321 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    When you are planning your Disney Trip and and schedule the time for bathroom pitstops.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'June 11 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Walt Disney World</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Going to Disney!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>Jennifer4321

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    ...you have a plan to buy a car with automatic closing doors, and whenever the doors close, Jack Wagner comes on with his "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas."
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    When you spend your spare time helping another obsessed Disney fan do things for his website.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    And we love you for that, April!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

when aside from being your bat mitzvah theme you "steal" mickey napkins from the carts in whole packages and worry that the "napkin police" are going to get you just so you can have authentic mickey napkins at your party
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    When you spend your spare time helping another obsessed Disney fan do things for his website.
    Can't tell you how much I (we) appreciate it, too!!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Can you feel the love tonight...

When you have a citrus Oust Fan in every room of the house, so that every 15 mins (the fan runs for 5 min blowing an orange sent, then stops for 15 min) you can feel like you are on Horizons no matter what room you are in!

when you make your reservations for a hotel at disney and even the CM says i see you've been here a "million bizillion" times
    Erica

addicted2disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    [QUOTE=NORMNB8S]- You watch the "Walt Disney World Vacation Planing Kit" because it makes you feel like you're sort of at the kingdom!

I just did that!!! And it does make you feel sort of there!

For my son it is the monorail spiel word for word and in spanish and he is only 7!!

Danielle

Always looking forward to our next trip!

Pop Century '04
    Port Orleans Riverside '03
    Polynesian '03
    All Star Movies '02 and '00
    Port Orleans French Quarter '94

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I'm pulling this one waaaaay back off the first page of this thread, but I thought it deserved a second look. I apologize if someone already did this, but I haven't read all 11 pages of this thread yet... still workin at it!

Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    -- The only Spanish you know is from the WDW monorail "please stand clear of the doors- por favor alejandro de las puertas. "
    I actually spent a full week's vacation memorizing this spiel when I was about 12 or so. I took 5 years of spanish between 7th-11th grade, but there was still a few words i didnt recognize in that spiel. so i took it upon myself to do a little online research just now, and found that the message is actually:

"Por favor, mantengas se alejado de las puertas."... or a direct (rough) translation into english comes out as "please you maintain remote of the doors". I'm glad to know I wasn't the only English-speaking Disney Doof who spent time trying to memorize that.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 04-05-2005 at 01:49 AM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Haha, this is probably a thread I'll be making post after post on as I think of this stuff...
    Here's a few to keep me busy for now. Hope they aren't repeats, (I'm writing them about myself for the most part, so they shouldn't be), but I still haven't read them all yet and I figure some might apply to you too... I'm just too eager to jump in!

You know you're obsessed with Disney when...

-PUSH, the talking trash can in Tomorrowland calls you "a Magic Kingdom expert" (true story!).

-You can't talk to 3/4 of the girls you go to school with, but have a 20 minute ongoing conversation with the one wiping down tables at Cosmic Rays (also true!... and kinda pathetic).

-You try to make one-liners like "Oh look... there goes Susan Somers pulled by a blenderfish!", and "New York, New York... the city of ten thousand dreams... and one parking space" work in everyday conversation. And when they don't, you try them on someone else ten minutes later.

-Have a small stash of Disney Dollars that you keep forgetting to spend each time you go to WDW, but deep down inside, are secretly glad that you didn't.

-You shout out loud to Simbaa not to stay put when Uncle Scar tells him to... even though you've seen the movie more times than you are willing to admit.

-You correct the bus driver when they tell you the wrong time for Wishes as you arrive at the park.

-You feel, no...you KNOW that you missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime when you couldn't afford to have your name engraved into a brick in the sidewalk in front of the Magic Kingdom.

-You actually read hundreds of those bricks hoping to find someone else with the same name as yourself so you can lie to your future generations.

-You find yourself singing out loud "Bears love hunny and IIIII'm a Pooh Bear, Sooooo I do care, Sooooo I climb there, I'm so rumbly iiiiin my tumbly..." while walking across campus to or from your classes, wondering why people sometimes give you strange looks.

-You overhear someone asking their party if they want to take a train ride around the park, and correct them with "Excuse me, Sir?... it's called the Grand Circle Tour".

-Common everyday conversation includes such phrases as "Oh bother", Oh d-d-d-dear", "Thanks for noticing me," "Oh, Gawrsh! A-Hyuck!", "Haha, Hiya Folks!" and many others... each in their own respective voices (or as close as I can get them to their respective voices) of course.

-You feel compelled to point out to random people in line to get into the park that the character on your season pass has the same name as you (Donald).

-One of your AIM away messages reads "Sorry for the holdup folks. Seems there's a slow movin' train up ahead", and each time you read it, you feel compelled to mimick the voice from the BTMR speil.

-Another of your away messages is composed of the lyrics to the "Remember the Magic" parade.

-You get goosebumps each time you hear "It's time tooooo reeeemeeeeember the maaagiiiic", because you know they are talking specifically to you, as if to say ".what's wrong?... you haven't gone in two weeks!"

-You noticed that the shoes worn by the dancers accompanying the Alladin segment of that parade (at least I'm pretty sure it was that parade... it was a few years back) were Rebok sneakers spray-painted red... and then you though that it would be a cool thing to do yourself.

-When someone tells you that they have never been to WDW, you belt out a line of "You pooooor unfortunate sooouuuls!"

-You feel honored when a guest at the local amusement park you work at mistakenly calls the park's free-fall ride by the name "Tower of Terror".

-Your college roommates call you weird because you fairly regularly get up at 6am on a Saturday, when everyone else is sleeping in, and drive the hour and twenty minutesor so to get to the Magic Kingdom just before opening time, and proceed to spend the entire day til closing there by yourself. (yep... I'm actually looking forward to the next day I have off so i can do this again.)

-You get off the Haunted Mansion, look back at the sign that says "wait time 5 mins", and decide that the offer is too good to pass up, hopping right back in line. besides... you want to make sure that actually was a hidden mickey you just spotted a minute ago.

-Your current desktop background on your PC is a pic of the Haunted Mansion.

-Your most recent desktop background before this one was a pic of the "Share a Dream Come True" parade.

-The one before that was of the "Liberty Belle"

-You have taken all those pics yourself (go me!)

-You whined for three days when they took the TV commercials off of the WDW website.

-You take it as a personal slap to the face when someone says that Disney is "for the kids".

-A WDW bus pulls up and the driver asks you where you are headed, and you tell them "Wherever you feel like taking me". (The driver then said that although bus service from that stop didn't start for another hour, she just happened to be going back to the MK now and would take me there privately "if you don't mind going that way".... I almost hugged her.

-A first-timer in line in front of you asks about the type of attraction they are about to experience, and you feel obligated to tell them not only what they wanted to know, but also the entire history of that attraction, then recommend something to see when they are finished with this one, and then guide them to it.

-You climb out of the Hunny Pot at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, saying out loud to your friends, "When the ride stops, please step out to your left. Step out to your left please. Please step out to your left. When the ride stops..." over and over and over with the PA announcement.

-You remember that this is the exact same announcement that was used when Mr. Toad's Wild Ride occupied that same location.

-While riding the Peoplemover, pardon me... the TTA, just after exiting the Space Mtn segment, you instinctively hold your arms out in front of you in preparation for the "...please keep all forward facing tentacles clear of oncoming Blue Line Metro Vehicles" announcement.

-You get stuck on It's a Small World for over an hour due to a "technical difficulty"... and enjoy it.

-You can wear a shirt that says "Mr. Incredible" and not feel like you're being self-centered.

-You get a fast pass for Test Track first thing in the morning, anticipating a breakdown (let's face it guys... TT is not the most reliable ride in WDW), just so that your FP will be good for the entire rest of the day.

-You can expect to find a good time simply by standing around in Ice Station Cool and watching the many varied reactions you get when the unwise try their first sample of that Beverly stuff.

-You think you can get away with calling your college roommates "Stupid (insert name here) and not get beat up... just because Ellen did it in UoE...
    (... she also met Bill Nye, who is much cooler than any of my physics professors!)

-You think RocketTower Plaza is one of the coolest names you've ever heard. (seriously, i don't know why i love it... it just sounds so cool!"

-You narrate the entire haunted mansion two words ahead of your "ghost host".

-You're up after 3am writing "You know you're obsessed with Disney when..."s when you have a test you are totally unprepared for the next morning.

-The reason you are unprepared for this test is because that classroom is equipped with computers for each student, and you spend most of your time in class checking the WDW park operating hours schedules and DWT.com planning your next weekend getaway.

... ok, i'm starting to run out of ideas now, and I'm getting tired. (Still havee that test to cram for!) So i'll just comment on one that Lou tossed out a ways back. He mentioned the Universal commercial about the "Fairy Tales and Pixie Dust not your thing?"... I was actually stopped by a Universal Employee (what do they call themselves there, anyway???) to take a survey upon leaving Islands of Adventure one day a few years back, and one of the questions they asked was if I had been to WDW and which I preferred. What I would have liked to have said was something like, "If your park really thinks that you should have to ask this question, you should already know the answer," but instead I gave them a much more polite response, something along the lines of "I was raised a Disney fan. I know Disney. I love Disney. No offense, you have some great parks here, but it's just not Disney."
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

When you have trouble sleeping and instead of turning on the tv, you check out DWT to see what's going on...and you are not surprised to find other members on.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    When you find yourself laughing out loud at some of the funny posts on the site... and then look over to see that it's now 3:30 a.m.... and you wonder if it's really the posts or just the insanity setting in.

Oh, and then you try to call Disney to make a PS, reservation, tour, etc. and wonder why they're closed... I mean, I'm up... why aren't they?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast