Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss You Know You're Obsessed With Disney when... in the News & Rumors forums; Forget what? That you don't have a life? Here's one to add to the thread: When Disney BECOMES your life and you have no other!...
    tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Forget what? That you don't have a life? Here's one to add to the thread:
    When Disney BECOMES your life and you have no other!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcoolgirl15
    Forget what? That you don't have a life? Here's one to add to the thread:
    When Disney BECOMES your life and you have no other!
    Thank you.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Sorry! Just had to add another thing to the list!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    When you and some other obsessed soul go back and forth one night on a Disney forum in one thread detailing your Disney obsession...then my friend, you may be obsessed.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

luvdamouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    your very first tattoo is of mickey!
    Last edited by luvdamouse; 07-06-2005 at 12:48 PM.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day"

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."-----Walt Disney

December 2006, back to the Kingdom!!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    when you dont go to see firewqorks on the 4th because they're not at Disney and not choreographed to music. AND when you light off bottle rockets and fireworks one at a time you play illuminations and disney music and try your best to match ( id did do fairly well since i listen to nothing but that music) People just dont understand my very healthy obsession. hahahaha
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    when you dont go to see firewqorks on the 4th because they're not at Disney and not choreographed to music. AND when you light off bottle rockets and fireworks one at a time you play illuminations and disney music and try your best to match ( id did do fairly well since i listen to nothing but that music) People just dont understand my very healthy obsession. hahahaha
    Yeah..we did fireworks, but like every holiday that involoves fireowkrs, my cousin and I complain about the poor quality of the fireworks. We also put in the Wishses sountrack while the rest of the family called us crazy.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Yes, as we were watching them this year, I kept singing Wishes, but the fireworks just weren't cooperating
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    you know that someone else is ready for the number 87 in the thread the list and you post number 85 , then, since you just can't wait for your turn to come again to dig up another numerical disney factoid, you go find a WDW trivia fact that includes the number 86 and start messging previous posters in that thread whose status do-hicky shows them to be online at presnt to see if they will post that factoid so Trendy can post his #87 factoid.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Yes, as we were watching them this year, I kept singing Wishes, but the fireworks just weren't cooperating
    Ditto that here as well!

Our park had fireworks for the fourth as well. It's the only time all year that we do them, and I can see why. The fire marshall made us shut down almost half the park to do it (I don't know how Disney is allowed to keep so much open during their displays...), the crowds were tremendous, and this year's show was actually quite large, which I bet cost a pretty penny. But standing there watching all those thousands of people looking up at the fireworks bursting over the lake, oohing and aahing... it was actually pretty impresive. If we could afford to do it more often, I'd be a definite supporter of the idea.

The one thing that was missing from the show however, was the music. I've gotten so spoiled because of Disney, that even with as impressive as the fireworks were this year, it just didn't quite feel complete. So, in the middle of the show, I couldn't help but just start singing/whistleing short excerpts from both Wishes and IllumiNations. Neither one quite fit, but I thought it was worth the try. My girlfriend laughed at me for it, but she understands my Disney obsession. She's only slightly less obsessed than I am.

Isn't it kind of funny though, that on a holiday such as Independance Day, when we really probably should be associating the fireworks displays with the freedoms hard fought for us Americans by our forfathers ("...the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air..."), so many of us instead associate them with fun-filled fantasy, tall castles, Uncle Walt, and a little cartoon mouse we call Mickey.

But can ya blame us... really? Besides, Walt Disney World does wonders to showcase the American Spirit, and allows us to exercise all our rights and freedoms in the most wonderous, spectacular ways. And Mickey and Uncle Walt themselves are a symbol of America. Anyone remember the ending of the movie "Full Metal Jacket"? What were all the US Marines singing in cadence as they trooped through Vietnam in order to keep their spirits up? It was the Mickey Mouse Club song, acting in that case as none other than a true American icon. See? Associating fireworks on Independance Day with WDW is indeed very much patriotic!

Either that, or I'm just so overly obsessed with Disney that I needed to justify my thinking to fit the current holiday.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Ditto that here as well!

Our park had fireworks for the fourth as well. It's the only time all year that we do them, and I can see why. The fire marshall made us shut down almost half the park to do it (I don't know how Disney is allowed to keep so much open during their displays...),
    first off great post!

Secondly what's the name of your home town park?

As for how Disney does it heres two thoughts:
    I think a lot of it is that since they have fireworks so often they have taken that into account in their construction, also, for Fantasmic and especially for Illuminations it probably helps that so much of the action is over the water thereby reducing fire hazards greatly.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    .......when you spend more time on this website then you do cleaning your house---then this is a really good excuse not to clean ,,,eheemmmehemm--I'm doing research for our trip--that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Sooooo... MAINSTREET---can't wait to see how you justify your thinking on a holiday like Groundhog's Day or Be Bald and Be Proud Day.....LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    When this is your birthday cake...

http://www.publix.com/custom/decorat...d=7&childId=16

...for your Sweet 16 party. Yeup! I knew I had to have it, I got the giggles when I saw it. Plus...it comes with a crown and a sash.

And you know you're obsessed with Disney when you are more excited about the cake than your party OR turning 16 (that may be due to the fact that I already have my driver's lisence)
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

don't recall if someone posted this one

...you go to home depot and take samples of all the disney colors, because the samples can be used as mickey stickers.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    You know you are obsessed with this site when you drag your laptop down to a Diseny meet, so you can log in and read what is going on!