Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss What ride would you NOT mind being taken away? in the News & Rumors forums; OK. I can tell by many of these post that I must be one of the few history nerds out there. HOP may not be the most exciting, but it ...
    sx2143 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    OK. I can tell by many of these post that I must be one of the few history nerds out there. HOP may not be the most exciting, but it is amazing how realistic the presidents are. I feel like it is the closest thing we will get to actually seeing Lincoln speak. To me the details in the animatronics in HOP is one of the things that makes Disney so great. It also gives me an excuse to go every 4-8 years at least because it is my goal to see every new president speak. Sorry, that is the end of my sappy defense of HOP. I had to defend one of my favorites.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by sx2143
    OK. I can tell by many of these post that I must be one of the few history nerds out there. HOP may not be the most exciting, but it is amazing how realistic the presidents are. I feel like it is the closest thing we will get to actually seeing Lincoln speak. To me the details in the animatronics in HOP is one of the things that makes Disney so great. It also gives me an excuse to go every 4-8 years at least because it is my goal to see every new president speak. Sorry, that is the end of my sappy defense of HOP. I had to defend one of my favorites.

You are not alone....I also enjoy it and feel it has great historic value and the animatronics are wonderful. It is also nice and cool and quiet so you get a break and learn something. Lord knows what they might replace it with since they have been challenged in some areas lately.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Hmm, hard to say. While I would definately puts Sounds Dangerous in the great place to take a nap category and the idea for the speedway update - or total improvment are awesome....I wouldn't mind seeing The Little Mermaid go by the wayside. Man, I saw it once, don't ever make me go see it again - PLEAS@

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Hmm, hard to say. While I would definately puts Sounds Dangerous in the great place to take a nap category and the idea for the speedway update - or total improvment are awesome....I wouldn't mind seeing The Little Mermaid go by the wayside. Man, I saw it once, don't ever make me go see it again - PLEAS@

Really? I always enjoyed the show.
    Izzy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Your enjoyment of Voyage of the Little Mermaid depends on your Ariel I think. Kinda like the Jungle Cruise and your skipper. I've seen some great Ariels, and a few pretty bad ones. The bad ones made me want to leave early. I enjoy the show as well, but it's no longer a "must do."
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Your enjoyment of Voyage of the Little Mermaid depends on your Ariel I think. Kinda like the Jungle Cruise and your skipper. I've seen some great Ariels, and a few pretty bad ones. The bad ones made me want to leave early. I enjoy the show as well, but it's no longer a "must do."
    I guess you are right about that. The Ariel I saw was like CARDBOARD. I nearly fell asleep....

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney-MGM Studios.
    It sits almost unused in a corner of the park, it is a large space that could be used for a new ride or show. I get upset every time I walk by. . . . I have a good friend that USED to work there (My kids love it when he comes for dinner, they always get some great sketches) he went through some hard times and ended up drawing caractatures at one of the resorts. Disney could at least put a good ride or show in there!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

bethsboyz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney-MGM Studios.
    It sits almost unused in a corner of the park, it is a large space that could be used for a new ride or show. I get upset every time I walk by. . . . I have a good friend that USED to work there (My kids love it when he comes for dinner, they always get some great sketches) he went through some hard times and ended up drawing caractatures at one of the resorts. Disney could at least put a good ride or show in there!
    I have a good friend that also was a Disney animator until they closed the Florida production studio. I agree, that that area could be used in a better manner now that there are no animators working there. That was half the fun of the tour..........watching the animators ACTUALLY working.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Maybe a Home On The Range minecart simulator ride?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella

That can be the same thing with the Beauty and the Beast Show sometimes the Belle can't even hold a note and sometimes she sounds exactly like the "real" Belle. But, I always make a point to watch it anyway.
    Izzy

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Don't hate me but,I am not a fan of Tom Sawyer's Island.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Stitch's Great Escape....oh dear Lord, please let it escape!!!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    Don't hate me but,I am not a fan of Tom Sawyer's Island.
    Not really a ride more of an attraction. But I have to agree it's a little dry. Kids look at me like I was crazy when I suggest to check it out. Beside with it bein so close to Splash Mountain and all they went running right to that instead.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Stitch's Great Escape....oh dear Lord, please let it escape!!!!!
    I love but SGE!
    Izzy

rnrboyya76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    sounds dangerous

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast