Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss What ride would you NOT mind being taken away? in the News & Rumors forums; I disagree about having Snow White's Scary Adventures replaced by Pooh. Snow White to me is just very "classic Magic Kingdom" and I would hate to see it go. It ...
    pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I disagree about having Snow White's Scary Adventures replaced by Pooh. Snow White to me is just very "classic Magic Kingdom" and I would hate to see it go. It was also Disney's first animated feature film; so I feel like unless they are willing to do something else for the film, it needs to be left alone. However, by no means did I want Mr. Toad gone. What is Disney's reason for taking out Toad?

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not; but if you want to relive your Mr. Toad experience, the attraction is posted on youtube:
    YouTube - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Track 1) Magic Kingdom
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have had no interest in Stitch's great adventure. Ever. So I wouldn't mind if that went. I also wouldn't care if they took out the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I rode it once, enjoyed it, but the lines was too long, too loud, and too smelly so I have no urge to ride it again
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Definitely that stupid 'Alladin's Flying Carpets' thing in Adventureland. It just distracts far too much from the themeing.
    I don't think it does and if it so, so does the Matterhorn but no one complains about that.
    Last edited by Dragonrider1227; 01-17-2008 at 12:48 PM.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Tomorrowland's Indy Speedway!? No way, thats as classic as anything! Not to mention the huge crowd that it draws....one thing they need to do though is find a way to make that line move faster! Waiting in like for an hour to ride it with small children in that heat is quite a chore!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

YachtPoly is offline Only Disney Could Do It
    Get Stitch's Great Escape out of there!!! Waste of valuable Tomorrowland space!!!!
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience....terrible...

to each their own..........
    "You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

It's the truth. It's actual. Everything is satisfactual.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Mission at Epcot. Once was more than enough.

I like mIssion, I think its biggest problem is that it isn't meant for the average Joe - there's a lot you need to know in order to ride it (such as english, otherwise your never going to understand not to look anywhere except your screen to order to avoid getting sick). I also think it should be an age restriction, not a height restriction, because while a 5 year okd may be big enough to ride, I don't think they have the maturity to handle such a ride. Just my opinion.

Overall I thought the ride was cool, but not a must-do everytime I go.

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience was excellent 10 years ago, but it is defineatly starting to show it's age and I'm not even sure if the younger generation even knows what the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies are anymore.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    What ride would I not mind being taken away? None. While there are some attractions I don't find interesting, other guests do. If you take those attractions away, they'll all be flocking to MY favorite attractions and I'll have a longer wait to see my favorites. That's the beauty of having a variety of attractions for various guests at various age levels, height requirements, and health and fear restrictions.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience was excellent 10 years ago, but it is defineatly starting to show it's age and I'm not even sure if the younger generation even knows what the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies are anymore.

---> I never liked this attraction, and I would be thrilled to see it go, but my brothers are 10 and 12 years old, and I had to explain to them that it was a popular series of movies when I was a kid, and they told me I'm old (I'm only 20 by the way).

*My Visits*

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I like mIssion, I think its biggest problem is that it isn't meant for the average Joe - there's a lot you need to know in order to ride it (such as english
    OUCH!

Back to light hearted fun please

Been going to Disneyland or WDW for 44 years now, no place that I'd rather be than with the Mouse the forms lessen the pain of being up North and not with the Pixie Dust.

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would like to see Sounds Danergous replaced with something else. One time was enough to last me a lifetime.
    Second choice would be Stich's Great Escape. Even my kid, who loves Stitch, rode it once the year it opened and never wanted to ride it again.

---> I never liked this attraction, and I would be thrilled to see it go, but my brothers are 10 and 12 years old, and I had to explain to them that it was a popular series of movies when I was a kid, and they told me I'm old (I'm only 20 by the way).
    I'm 20 too! I had to do the same thing to my sister.
    - Matt

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree that Honey, I Shrunk the Audience should be replaced with something more guests will be able to indentify. The Honey, I Shrunk the Kids movies were (and still are excellent) however I wouldn't call them Disney classics that each generation grows to love. The attraction does prove to be dated, and I'd like to see Disney do something more up-to-date with it. Also, ditch the connection between that and Journey Into Imagination. (and bring make Dreamfinder!)
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    I'm 20 too! I had to do the same thing to my sister.

haha Yay another young Disney Fanatic

As for my last post reguarding knowing english in order to ride Mission: Space, it wasn't a negative remark, just the fact that the warnings and directions given to ride are very important and explicit, and if you do not understand what it is your getting into the effects may not be good. This isn't It's a Small World....its an astronaunt similator!

*My Visits*

As for my last post reguarding knowing english in order to ride Mission: Space, it wasn't a negative remark, just the fact that the warnings and directions given to ride are very important and explicit, and if you do not understand what it is your getting into the effects may not be good. This isn't It's a Small World....its an astronaunt similator!
    Although they can't hear or read the instructions in the queue, the tickets that the CM's now hand out have the same warnings in Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Japanese. But they do have to read them, thats a problem people who speak English have too.
    - Matt

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast