Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss What ride would you NOT mind being taken away? in the News & Rumors forums; Based off of another thread, what rides would you not care if they were taken away? I would have to say Stitch's Great Escape. It wasn't awful, but it won't ...
    BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

What ride would you NOT mind being taken away?

Based off of another thread, what rides would you not care if they were taken away?

I would have to say Stitch's Great Escape. It wasn't awful, but it won't be something I'll be in a rush to see again.
    Izzy

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    This is tough because I love so much, and what I don't love, I know others do...but if I had to pick...for me, remove the teacups at the MK (they make me sick just looking at them!)
    Also I could do without The Making of Me in Epcot.

Again, just me.....others might still want to remove some of my beloved favs...(No! Don't tough Peter Pan!)....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Sounds Dangerous, hands down!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I'm not a big fan of that one either...
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    This could be tough because, even on the less favorite attractions it hinges on what they replace it with...Also a lot of the less favorite attractions only take up very samll chunks of real estate, and so are not likely to house a big E-Ticket type ride, the aforementioned Sound Show is a case in point, it's not a very large Space, not big enough to install any of the rides most of us think of as real favorites. Looking at it from this point of view the most obvious target to me would be that large tract of land taken up by the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, and not only would you have that tract to use but in developing a major attraction here (Villans Mouuntain anyone? ) you could push outward beyond the berm (like Splash Mountain already does to a small extent), thereby actually increasing the size of the Magic Kingdom, whick is both the smallest and the most visited of all the WDW parks, perhaps you could even add something like a whole new "land". if this side of the park is close to the perimiter road you still might be able to do it by putting the main show building on piers so that the attraction passes over the road (and the monorail spur line if need be) no one in the attraction would see this as long as the attraction is a self contained building with the only views facing the park (Splash mountain is another good example of this it sits on the dge of the park but you cant really see out of the park from it). and if they really wanted to pull out all the stops they could move the perimiter road and spur line at least a little bit further back, or possibly just close it and redirect traffic going to backstage of the MK around to the other side of the park, where the other end of the perimiter road is, then all you would have to worry about would be the monorail maintainance shop/ garage spur. And if they are ever extend the line and, consequently, buy more trains perhaps even that would be re-located totally opening up expansion possibilities all the way to Bay Lake.
    Last edited by bigbrian-nc.com; 07-02-2005 at 03:05 AM.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Sounds Dangerous, hands down!
    I don't know... Sounds Dangerous is a nice place to take a short nap.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife
    I don't know... Sounds Dangerous is a nice place to take a short nap.
    HOP is my prefered napping space.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ride I wouldn't mind seeing removed?.........Anything with the word Pooh in it. They got rid of one of my favorites to put that ride in, now it is time for it to go!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Definitely that stupid 'Alladin's Flying Carpets' thing in Adventureland. It just distracts far too much from the themeing.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Stitch is the first one that comes to mind. They could make a better video for The Circle of Life at The Land.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    Definitely that stupid 'Alladin's Flying Carpets' thing in Adventureland. It just distracts far too much from the themeing.

I agree... It just does not seem to belong there!!! Kinda wedged in the middle of it all.. And it's a little tacky!!!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I remember loving the Universe of Energy before Ellen did it. I wish they would take out all of the stuff she does on that ride. Although I haven't been to HOP in a while, it's still a classic and I don't think they will get rid of it. I don't care for the Liberty Belle, but they can't really put anything else there so they might as well keep it. I also think Living with the Land is boring but I haven't been on it in almost 8 years so I don't know if it's still the same.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I wasn't inpressed with Sounds Dangerous at all! But, I think they should keep Pooh, because the little kids are loving it. (You should that line! ) I think the Tea Cups should stay, but then again I have a stomach of steel. I wouldn't be upset if they took the Astro Orbitors away either.
    Izzy

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I agree with most get rid of Sound Dangerous. Total fest and the HOP I have posted this before I have been left sleeping in the seats by my family and I mean a deep sleep . Hey Todd I agree with you on the Pooh ride I like Pooh and all but they took my man Toad out and that just wrong.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 07-02-2005 at 04:02 PM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    And it's a little tacky!!!
    Totally. That's the main reason I hate it.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast