Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Just a minor vent in the News & Rumors forums; We were are Epcot last night for the fireworks. We didn't go until later (around 7pm) because of our little guy. We had spent all day at MK on Sunday, ...
    bethsboyz is offline A-Ticket holder

Just a minor vent

We were are Epcot last night for the fireworks. We didn't go until later (around 7pm) because of our little guy. We had spent all day at MK on Sunday, so we knew he'd never make another all day outing.
    So, we get to Epcot and most of the stuff in Future World had been closed down at 7. The park was almost to capacity and over half of the park is closed. It was just very aggravating.
    Disney had already closed MK because it was at capacity, the least they could have done was keep some of the attractions open. Innoventions was closed, as was Ellen's Universe of Energy, Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, etc. I realize that they normally close those attractions early, but on a peak day........they should look at their policies and keep these attractions open.
    We wound up getting frustrated, and leaving the park before Illuminations, we did, however, catch the fireworks from MGM AND MK from the Epcot parking lot.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Nobody has fun when the parks are like that. . . . I don't think Walt would have wanted things this way.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bethsboyz
    We were are Epcot last night for the fireworks. We didn't go until later (around 7pm) because of our little guy. We had spent all day at MK on Sunday, so we knew he'd never make another all day outing.
    So, we get to Epcot and most of the stuff in Future World had been closed down at 7. The park was almost to capacity and over half of the park is closed. It was just very aggravating.
    Disney had already closed MK because it was at capacity, the least they could have done was keep some of the attractions open. Innoventions was closed, as was Ellen's Universe of Energy, Imagination, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, etc. I realize that they normally close those attractions early, but on a peak day........they should look at their policies and keep these attractions open.
    We wound up getting frustrated, and leaving the park before Illuminations, we did, however, catch the fireworks from MGM AND MK from the Epcot parking lot.

I understand your frustrations but each part of Epcot has different hours and these are in the guides. Future World hours are usually 9:00am to 7:00pm and World Showcase 11:00am to 9:00pm.

Despite one park closing due to capacity it doesn't mean they can keep another open to make up for it. Why can't they? Scheduling of cast members is done in advance and they can't change schedules at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 07-05-2005 at 08:12 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    In peak seasons, EPCOT should have extended hours for Future World, IMHO. (It used to).

I've seen WDW change operating hours on pretty short notice - and they should be able to forecast crowds pretty accurately. Even then, they know that July 4 is one of their busiest days/weekends.

I'd send them a note, if they don't hear complaints, it won't change.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I did like I always do, I rode SSE and figment at around 8pm, then hiked to my favorite spot.. which was unfortunately out near the mini train set.

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love that spot too Tampa. My wife hates to hike all the way over there but I love the trains and the fireworks. I just wish they would bring back the millenium parade. I loved that too
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

don't they close future world at 9? I don't remember ever having a problem riding a ride at night there... with the exception of innoventions being closed by dark.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by bethsboyz
    How is that possible? I just checked my Times Guides from my July trip, and it said that on July 4, Future World was open until 10:00 pm. And even if it was closed, Leave a Legacy, Mission: SPACE, Soarin', Test Track, and SSE stay open until closing time...

I wonder why WDW decided to close FW early?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I did like I always do, I rode SSE and figment at around 8pm, then hiked to my favorite spot.. which was unfortunately out near the mini train set.
    Where is that spot? I am not aquainted with it. Or I may be, I just don't realize it.

they have a little mini outdoor train set near that african trading post and before American Adventure.. if you were to start from Mexico that is.

It's a neat working train set that goes through little caves and under bridges.. complete with a hidden mickey in a mini farmers field of crops.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    isnt that right next to Germany?

yes.. I think it's between Germany and Italy:

so you can imagine the hike I braved to get from the golfball, to "my spot" for illuminations.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Yes, the train in near Germany, but more importantly it is near the restrooms.

It seems FW is closing earlier and earlier as the years go bye. Maybe it will all be closed someday and no one will notice.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Yes, the train in near Germany, but more importantly it is near the restrooms.
    even more importantly........near the good beer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast