Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by doconeill Yes I do. I bet most of them don't care if they are on wi-fi or mobile data, or what the difference is - they just ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yes I do. I bet most of them don't care if they are on wi-fi or mobile data, or what the difference is - they just want to tweet.
    Ahhh, you are kill'n me, I had more faith in most, especially the young.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney at the resorts is now using iPad to create a 'Mobile Lobby Experience.' Able used to check guests in anywhere at the resort or lobby aside from front desk.

Curious as to how you get your RFID card or bands though.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Next week, 22-27 April DHS will do a test run of FastPass to Fantasmic.

FP's will be available around the middle of the day near the Tip Board. Haven't seen the amount of FPs that will be distributed nor an exact time for distribution.

You can still receive an attraction FP along with a Fantasmic FP during the test.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Disney at the resorts is now using iPad to create a 'Mobile Lobby Experience.' Able used to check guests in anywhere at the resort or lobby aside from front desk.

Curious as to how you get your RFID card or bands though.
    Likely only available to guests who made advanced purchase, or returning guest already in possession of band or ticket?

Or they could be toting a hand held device like the Apple Stores do or a satellite table swipe device like for debit cards at the table in a restaurant. Who knows.

Me<----I never had an issue with going into the queue and checking into the resort, I travel around quite a bit other than Disney and don't have a problem with going to registration. Never have waited too long upon arrival at Disney. Last time walked right through the queue and to a CM.

This might be more like a Target CM style, cross trained employees that can fill in where needed according to volume of guests. Not a bad idea.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Is multiquote still broken?

I would think the "ipad checkin" would also work easily for guests who already did the web site check-in...the CM would just go and retrieve their packet. I'm wondering how well this works though - having been through the "Lilo" resort system upgrade, it seems pretty complex.

The Fantasmic FP test I think might be to judge distribution numbers for FP+ later.

Still haven't heard anything about real-world MagicBand testing...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Or they could be toting a hand held device like the Apple Stores do or a satellite table swipe device like for debit cards at the table in a restaurant. Who knows.

Me<----I never had an issue with going into the queue and checking into the resort, I travel around quite a bit other than Disney and don't have a problem with going to registration. Never have waited too long upon arrival at Disney. Last time walked right through the queue and to a CM.

This might be more like a Target CM style, cross trained employees that can fill in where needed according to volume of guests. Not a bad idea.
    No, not at all.

I suppose the only time it would really be noticeable as far as congestion is at those prime check in times where lines can get backed up a little. I suppose this is yet another phase of the "queue-less queue" thing, and I'm with you in thinking it's a nice idea, if somewhat unneccessary at the same time.

Net positive either way, I suppose.

ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Maybe this is a similar thing, maybe not but the wife and I were shopping at JC Penny's a month or so ago and we were waiting to check out. A manager came over with an iPod/iPhone looking contraption with a small card reader on it. He scanned our items, took our payment with a credit card and I even signed on the touch screen. The receipt printed up on the stationary register.

Maybe this iPad check in thing works on a similar platform.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Maybe this is a similar thing, maybe not but the wife and I were shopping at JC Penny's a month or so ago and we were waiting to check out. A manager came over with an iPod/iPhone looking contraption with a small card reader on it. He scanned our items, took our payment with a credit card and I even signed on the touch screen. The receipt printed up on the stationary register.

Maybe this iPad check in thing works on a similar platform.
    Exactly what I was addressing. Apple has done what JC Penney's is doing now for years in their stores.

When a bus load of ME guests all arrive at the same time they can easily pull cross trained CM's from concierge desk or other areas that are cross trained and give them a tablet, they can help tame the queue bubble. Target mastered cross training their employees years ago. Their lines get temporarily long, they do an all call, help arrives and they go back to their other duties when lines go back to an acceptable length.

Next week, 22-27 April DHS will do a test run of FastPass to Fantasmic.

FP's will be available around the middle of the day near the Tip Board. Haven't seen the amount of FPs that will be distributed nor an exact time for distribution.

You can still receive an attraction FP along with a Fantasmic FP during the test.

Get your Fastpasses here!

And it looks soooo temporary.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Get your Fastpasses here!

And it looks soooo temporary.

Heh...when was the last time those "Dining Availability" windows were even open?
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

At least they removed the kiosks out of World Showcase.

To prepare for FP+ coming to the Magic Kingdom's Parades, next week Fast Passes will be distributed randomly to guests in the MK for both parades. The test dates will be April 29th through May 3rd and the FP reserved section will the heart of Town Square.

Billwht3 is offline A-Ticket holder

Just a quick reality check here. Do you complain if you want to go to a concert and get better seats if you pay more? You can pay hundreds of dollars for seats at a 4 hour concert. This isn't nearly that bad.!

Yep. The overall value per dollar is relatively unrivaled in the high end entertainment industry.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast