Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; I agree and I often try to explain to my non Disney loving friends that you are paying for so many levels of entertainment. It's hard for some to accept ...
    ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

I agree and I often try to explain to my non Disney loving friends that you are paying for so many levels of entertainment. It's hard for some to accept that you are paying $87 a day plus tax for an amusement park because they can't accept that there is a difference between a theme park and an amusement park.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

And Disney is going to try and test My Experience again the last week of June, that is if they don't cancel the testing again. It will include FP+ at all 4 parks, touch to enter and touch to pay by invitation only. Disney started hand picking guests from Animal Kingdom Resort and the Contemporary to participate in this test, similar to the test that was canceled for selected guests at the Beach Club.

Here we go again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, here we go again trying to work the bugs out of a brand new technology!

Why should we be SO inconvenienced by Disney's incompetence?!

MousePlanet Reporting:

Walt Disney World has issued at least 76 "tresspass warnings" in the past year to registered s*x offenders, notifying them that they are not permitted on Disney property. One of the people interviewed for the story is a registered s*x offender who was recently given the tresspass warning after trying to renew an annual passport. The article speculates that Disney is matching guest data to state s*x offender registries. Disney declined to be interviewed for the article, but issued a statement to the station saying, "While we do not share specific details of our security procedures, we are constantly strengthening our efforts so we can promote a safe environment for all our guests."

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

• Dozens of permits related to an "AT&T Wireless Antenna System Upgrade."

AT&T Wireless Antenna System upgrade coming, an abundance of permits have been filed.

At least this should give Guests a reliable option to Disney's WiFi when trying to access their Magic My Way experiences at the parks.

Disney has already upgraded the Tangled Toilet rest area. The Tree Stumps that have the electrical outlets for guests to recharge their electronics has been modified and now have 2 USB ports for charging iPads/iPhones.

Less junk to carry!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

I could probably give y'all a list of every.single.outlet in the parks. Take a group of 43 HIgh School kiddos and the threat of phones losing power during the day =panic mode. Lol
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Yeah, they are starting to crack down on that now and guiding guests to guest charging stations. The one in Storybook is pretty good but you're smack dab in the middle of kiddy kingdom which is overwhelming to some.

We started packing a power strip in our luggage for our room.

Well maybe giving this to AT&T it will resolve the ongoing issues. I can dream.

According to All Ears:

AT&T is now the official wireless provider for both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. This will mean the addition of 10 cell sites across Walt Disney World Resort; more than 25 distributed antenna systems to increase wireless capacity; more than 350 so-called "small cells" to extend network connectivity; and more than 40 repeaters to boost the mobile performance for both guests and Disney cast members. In addition, AT&T will act as a sponsor of Disney-created soccer and runDisney events at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well maybe giving this to AT&T it will resolve the ongoing issues. I can dream.

According to All Ears:

AT&T is now the official wireless provider for both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. This will mean the addition of 10 cell sites across Walt Disney World Resort; more than 25 distributed antenna systems to increase wireless capacity; more than 350 so-called "small cells" to extend network connectivity; and more than 40 repeaters to boost the mobile performance for both guests and Disney cast members. In addition, AT&T will act as a sponsor of Disney-created soccer and runDisney events at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
    Yet nothing about fixing the wi-fi is mentioned...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yet nothing about fixing the wi-fi is mentioned...

Oh Bluck! Good catch, that is what I get for trying to catch up late at night. Ooops.

So in lieu of fixing their WiFi, Disney found someone to make my personal data plan operate better?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh Bluck! Good catch, that is what I get for trying to catch up late at night. Ooops.

So in lieu of fixing their WiFi, Disney found someone to make my personal data plan operate better?
    Well, they at least _used_ to use a multi-vendor compatible 3G repeater system within the parks (which is why you don't see any cell towers or antennas) that I believe also piggybacked Wi-Fi (I was at one time involved in discussions with the company that installed/managed the system there and at other locations, and they wanted us to monitor them). In theory all the major networks should have been equally available. Don't know if it was really true though.

This announcement though makes me think that the old system is being replaced. Maybe for the good...but maybe for the bad (if you're not with AT&T...)
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Well, they at least _used_ to use a multi-vendor compatible 3G repeater system within the parks (which is why you don't see any cell towers or antennas) that I believe also piggybacked Wi-Fi (I was at one time involved in discussions with the company that installed/managed the system there and at other locations, and they wanted us to monitor them). In theory all the major networks should have been equally available. Don't know if it was really true though.

This announcement though makes me think that the old system is being replaced. Maybe for the good...but maybe for the bad (if you're not with AT&T...)
    Yeah, there has always been some ties to AT&T. I know when my DS was down working the 1st time he received a nice discount on AT&T phones and plans, did it because they worked better. When he returned he was still with AT&T but he has had to shut his phone down while on property because it dies while continuing to try to connect.

I guess if this doesn't fix the Disney WiFi issues, blah! at least our plan is with AT&T so that is some consolation.

New tech charging station inside Space Mountain's arcade.

attractions

ooops
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 07-31-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast