Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; We go wherever the morning EMH is taking place. Aside from that, I'm with you. And we only do one ADR per day. I prefer flying by the seat of ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

We go wherever the morning EMH is taking place. Aside from that, I'm with you. And we only do one ADR per day.

I prefer flying by the seat of my pants. Only truly planned aspect of our trips are that we start in the MK, and make sure that Wishes is the last thing we do.

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Same except we usually hit Epcot first i don't know why just always have lol but I see people's per trip reports and they have everyday broken down almost minute by minute to the point that the only thing they don't schedule is bathroom breaks. Some would disagree but this is no way to vacation and I see no enjoyment of having a set schedule
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Exactly.

Seems to me it would be even more stressful to have a schedule to keep up.

Why would I pay thousands of dollars to be on a strict schedule? I can do that for free at home, and be MAKING money!

Excellent point lol

It amazes me how many people I see in wdw stressing and rushing around, they are missing the true meaning of vacation sometimes I feel I feel bad for them
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

And since I'm up at 4:30 every morning, I'll dig being able to sleep in each day!!!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

My schedule is always the same. I hit the four parks on a Tuesday. Visit Epcot and finish most of Future World. Then to the Magic Kingdom for my only ADR for breakfast. Then I go to Animal Kingdom and wrap up at the Studios, sometimes back to Epcot if I feel like seeing Wishes that year. So it's one ADR for the day, which is also the entire trips worth of park visits.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

How does Wishes look from Epcot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Lol I was wondering the same thing
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

With our children we always vacationed at WDW by the seat of our pants. At best we chose in advance which park to go to on our day of arrival and somewhere during our vacation we seemed to settle on where we would end our vacation. But the new millenium changed somethings for us. We found out the hard way ADRs became necessary at some of our favorite restaurants. My fear is FP+ is going to mess with our style like ADR's did.

Me, I'm thinking the FP+ and My Disney Vacation is going to be way too much stress for my liking. Frankly, picking vacation days that work for everyone, choosing a hotel and booking air fare was always plenty for me. Having to make 6 ADRs while down visiting my DS, only because we were limited to tighter time-frame on multiple days, I found even in off season it was difficult to make ADRs. Other than ADRs the only thing I planned was to go to Epcot after checking in to resort, to ride Test Track one last time before it closed for rehab the next morning.

My gut is Disney is over playing its hand this time. Best I can tell is if this is going to work, Disney will have to keep to a schedule. Face it, things happen, things break, service is slow. Tell someone they missed their opportunity to ride Space Mountain because their BoG Rose was broken is going to be a PR nightmare for Guest Relations.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Right. I meant IllumiNations. Wishes is a show I skip at all costs. The only time I'll see it is if I'm at one of the holiday parties. If it's regular Wishes, I'm out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    With our children we always vacationed at WDW by the seat of our pants. At best we chose in advance which park to go to on our day of arrival and somewhere during our vacation we seemed to settle on where we would end our vacation. But the new millenium changed somethings for us. We found out the hard way ADRs became necessary at some of our favorite restaurants. My fear is FP+ is going to mess with our style like ADR's did.
    ADRs became increasingly necessary when attendance started dipping due to the economy, and Disney started luring middle and lower income families back with free dining. They keep promising/threatening to take it away, but so far it's still being offered. Once that goes away and families can no longer afford to eat endless table service restaurants, hopefully things will quiet down again.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Right. I meant IllumiNations. Wishes is a show I skip at all costs. The only time I'll see it is if I'm at one of the holiday parties. If it's regular Wishes, I'm out.
    You're such a grouchy adult!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    ADRs became increasingly necessary when attendance started dipping due to the economy, and Disney started luring middle and lower income families back with free dining. They keep promising/threatening to take it away, but so far it's still being offered. Once that goes away and families can no longer afford to eat endless table service restaurants, hopefully things will quiet down again.
    Mike you know it's funny... I said this to my family before our trip in early December... It was interesting that they did not trust me on this... I made the dining months in advance (just so they had them) and then let my dad try and book them when he wanted... After he in effect "struck out" I gave him the ADRs that I set up... They were happy but I tried to warn them... But your right... Once free dining officially is taken off at least some parts of the year we will probably see easier reservations and lighter restaurants... Then just stay away from Cosmic Rays...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I had no problem making our three ADR's a week ago for this coming Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Wonder how long the lines will be for this new version before the 'newness' wears off.
    Last edited by supernova; 12-18-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast