Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC Mike you know it's funny... I said this to my family before our trip in early December... It was interesting that they did not trust me ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Mike you know it's funny... I said this to my family before our trip in early December... It was interesting that they did not trust me on this... I made the dining months in advance (just so they had them) and then let my dad try and book them when he wanted... After he in effect "struck out" I gave him the ADRs that I set up... They were happy but I tried to warn them... But your right... Once free dining officially is taken off at least some parts of the year we will probably see easier reservations and lighter restaurants... Then just stay away from Cosmic Rays...
    Cosmic Rays really does have a way of drawing the scourge of the earth, doesn't it?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Cosmic Rays really does have a way of drawing the scourge of the earth, doesn't it?
    I love Cosmic Ray's because it's the last remnant of the old Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    You're such a grouchy adult!
    Some of us claim "curmudgeon", others of us...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I love Cosmic Ray's because it's the last remnant of the old Tomorrowland.
    The history is great. But customer-wise, it's pretty much the LCD diners.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I had no problem making our three ADR's a week ago for this coming Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    Is free dining still active during this time...? They were smack in the middle of free dining...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The history is great. But customer-wise, it's pretty much the LCD diners.
    I guess. Is there a difference between the crowd there, or the one at Pecos Bill's? Electric Umbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Is free dining still active during this time...? They were smack in the middle of free dining...
    I seriously doubt it, Joe.

They usually shut that stuff down well before Christmas, don't they?

I guess. Is there a difference between the crowd there, or the one at Pecos Bill's? Electric Umbrella?
    I wouldn't know. I don't dine at either of those.

Pecos Bill's has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. It's usually the first place we have lunch every time we're there. The fixings bar is fantastic.

I always figured that every restaurant on property is pretty much the same as the others on their level. The burger at one place is exactly the same as others. Same for the chicken strips. One counter service restaurant isn't buying from a different supplier than another. So the food at Pecos would be on par with the Umbrella. I've eaten at Cosmic Ray's twice, one of those times because nothing else was open that late, and it was nice to see that they at least offered some variety. Not as wide as the food court at Pop, but they did have different stations.

No fixings bar at the other two. Yeah, the food is the same, but the atmospheres couldn't be more different.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I seriously doubt it, Joe.

They usually shut that stuff down well before Christmas, don't they?

That's what I thought... When I booked the families vacation I think we got it because the first day they arrived coincided with the last day of free dining, and as long as the trip fell on a day if the free dining the whole trip they received it... That would explain the ease of receiving dining outside of free dining... Booking sit down ADRs during free dining is sometimes like pulling teeth...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

No fixings bar at the other two. Yeah, the food is the same, but the atmospheres couldn't be more different.
    They had a nice fixin's bar at a restaurant in Africa at AK. To the point where we actually made side salads to go with our meals.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Starting tomorrow at 5am all touch to pay transactions will require a pin to complete. No longer just the over $50 transactions.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Complimentary Wi-Fi offered at Walt Disney World suffered major issues between Christmas and New Years. Connecting and then staying connected was extremely difficult at all the parks. Guests connected, to My Disney found it painful and very slow.

The WiFi worked pretty well in the slower times this fall however it failed for Christmas to be able to keep up with demand. Next semi busy test of system will be Presidents long weekend.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast