Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; Oh, I know it isn't for pleasure or convenience. I think they want lines to be longer so people will spend more time in the parks, or spend less times ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

Oh, I know it isn't for pleasure or convenience. I think they want lines to be longer so people will spend more time in the parks, or spend less times at other parks and have to spend more there. They're not gonna directly get my money from tickets, I'll keep buying them when I get down there elsewhere. I'm a loyalist, but I spend as little with them as I can...base ticket, one quick-service lunch a day, and maybe some gifts. A lot of Disney loyalists aren't going to like this, but as I've said before, their resorts are a rip-off, IMO. If I can get shuttles and a much nicer, larger 4 star room for the price of a room at Pop Century or All-Star, in a more convenient location, why would I even consider them?

I want it to fizzle just as much as you do, Gabe.
    I can see this working at MK; but as I believe you said earlier, how would this go over at EPCOT? Would you package TT, M:S, Captain EO, Energy? Soarin, Nemo, LWTL, Circle of Life? The pairings there will be much more difficult. So many attractions there are love/hate.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Oh, I know it isn't for pleasure or convenience. I think they want lines to be longer so people will spend more time in the parks, or spend less times at other parks and have to spend more there. They're not gonna directly get my money from tickets, I'll keep buying them when I get down there elsewhere. I'm a loyalist, but I spend as little with them as I can...base ticket, one quick-service lunch a day, and maybe some gifts. A lot of Disney loyalists aren't going to like this, but as I've said before, their resorts are a rip-off, IMO. If I can get shuttles and a much nicer, larger 4 star room for the price of a room at Pop Century or All-Star, in a more convenient location, why would I even consider them?

I want it to fizzle just as much as you do, Gabe.
    I can see this working at MK; but as I believe you said earlier, how would this go over at EPCOT? Would you package TT, M:S, Captain EO, Energy? Soarin, Nemo, LWTL, Circle of Life? The pairings there will be much more difficult. So many attractions there are love/hate.
    You know I thought I had thought enough about this from every angle but never did it occur to me as a way to force guests to spend more time in their park only. If you could only get 4 FP per day, I wonder if that is one park? If I hop will I have to do stand-by? Interesting point, good catch. Eating the guests time up directing them to attractions they might skip, one way of attempting to keep them away from competing parks. Much like the real reason for DME, bus them in so they can't go elsewhere. It just bugs me that they are willing to mess with Illuminations with FP+, I've been going to Epcot since it opened, Illuminations was a nice way to end the evening, it worked well 'till Disney started renting off space, dessert parties, and dumping new restaurants in the viewing area. Now to take 2 more areas for FP+ and another restaurant will go up over the water a once tranquil show is going to be as nasty as waiting for Fantasmic. Annoying.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Walt Disney World pushes back the initial roll-out / test phase of MyMagic+ to late February / early March.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_ch...9#.UQYhRR37KHc

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Yeah, I've been hearing that training of the CMs has been a problem...like they haven't gotten it yet.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I've heard that and other things too. So many layers to My, teaching CMs and expectations for proficiency on a system that isn't overly user friendly nor have the hiccups worked out yet. Nothing like CMs needing guidance and management still in the learning curve simultaneously. Quickly brings to mind Disney having AP holders trying to register online for the FLE Preview, another mess. Just thinking of the vast amount of CMs that will need to be proficient on this system to completely roll out, Wow!

It is now clear as to why I was being laughed at last week.

And Iger needs to go back to Traditions class for a brush up course:

Bob Iger's MyMagic+ response would flunk at Disney University

and best of all.........

January 28, 2013

The Honorable Edward Markey

2108 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, DC 20515

Congressman Markey:

For 90 years, Disney has been synonymous with high-quality entertainment for families and children of all ages. We use creativity, innovation and technology to create memorable moments and experiences for our hundreds of millions of customers and guests. And, as you well know, Disney’s record and commitment to children’s safety and security and the protection of their privacy is exemplary. People around the world trust Disney and its products. That trust is the cornerstone of our company, and we take it very seriously.

We are offended by the ludicrous and utterly ill-informed assertion in your letter dated January 24, 2013, that we would in any way haphazardly or recklessly introduce a program that manipulates children, or wantonly puts their safety at risk.

It is truly unfortunate and extremely disappointing that you chose to publicly attack us before taking the time to review our policies and/or contact us for information, which would have obviated the need for your letter. Had you or your staff made the slightest effort, you would have found most of the answers to your questions already existed and were publicly available online at http://corporate.disney.go.com/corporate/pp.html and https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fa...rivacy-policy/.

In the enclosed attachment, we address the questions in your letter about our new, yet-to-be* launched program, MyMagic+. However, to ensure that you fully understand our practices as they pertain to children, and our commitment to our guests’ privacy, let me be clear and reiterate the basic facts.

MyMagic+ is a completely optional program that was designed with privacy controls from the outset. Disney does not use personal information to market to children under age 13, does not personalize or target advertisements to an individual child, and never shares children’s personal information with any third party for their marketing purposes. Additionally, parents have full control over their child’s participation in MyMagic+. We have transparent privacy practices, guests can control and limit the amount of information they provide to us — and how their information is used.

Further details are attached

Sincerely,
    Robert A Iger

Deadline's Dominic Patten - tip him here.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Wow! I am really surprised he opted to write a letter in that tone as response.

That optional line tossed in is curious. 12 and younger will not use personal info to market to directly, so what does that have to say about 13-17 year old minors? Amazing. So if you don't want your Junior Highs info used by Disney just don't participate in RFID? And if your and Adult and guard your privacy, don't use RFID?

I'm going to have to sit back and digest Iger's info and tone for a bit. Would like to have been a fly on the wall as the board had their first opportunity to read Iger's reply. Wonder how Mrs. Obama would feel about her teens info being used and DD being marketed to by Disney 'cause she is over 12. Curious.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

It's shocking when somebody responds sternly to another who is too lazy to do even the lightest research on a subject they are raising serious questions about. Especially someone with an entire staff at their disposal.

If I were Iger, I wouldn't have said anything. I would have simply sent him those two links.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It also as much about Markey needing a soapbox. He's running for the vacant Senate seat. Otherwise he didn't need to make it so public in his initial request.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

To his credit, privacy is his platform of choice. So at least he walks the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It also as much about Markey needing a soapbox. He's running for the vacant Senate seat. Otherwise he didn't need to make it so public in his initial request.
    Interesting coincidence that Disney quietly put off the test launch for a month or two the same week.

Mouse Planet was analyzing some of the questions posed by congress and answers in privacy policy.

• You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same

that third party kinda gnaws at me.

• You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by visiting Communication Choices, contacting Guest Services, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Guest Services.

And there is the strong arm rub.

I miss the days where I could go to the travel agent, book airfare, car, hotel and admission and then just vacation. Now all these layers of responsibilities heaped on guests just wanting to vacation at Disney. Lord help them (and us) if their system is every hacked.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast