Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; BTW, just to clarify, it's not that I approve of data collection. But, so many people were up in arms over the PATRIOT Act (which I am thoroughly against) and ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

BTW, just to clarify, it's not that I approve of data collection. But, so many people were up in arms over the PATRIOT Act (which I am thoroughly against) and talking about how the government could read your emails, collect data on books you checked out from the library, etc.

But what has it lead to?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    How do they use it? How does it affect me? In other words, how are they compromising my privacy and using it against me?

Or even "for" me in their view.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Identity theft and credit card fraud are excellent examples. But, see my above example concerning the 77 million accounts that were stolen on the Playstation Network. You have to be actively acting stupidly in order for somebody to truly do either of those things successfully.

I'm no less confused by your IT. Is it the IP address, is IT the RFID system, is IT credit cards, it is singular so what is IT?

To clarify if Disney doesn't require a Pin that could compromise your account but isn't using IT against you. I gave an example above of a Disney Corp company being fined millions for collecting data on children without parents permission. Disney CA employees filed suit in 2011 because their IDs had a bar on them that could be read with any IPhone, Smart phones and reveal their CM's social security numbers and other data. Disney had at one resort a now former CM that was skimming money from credit card and another now former Cm from the Contemporary that was funneling overpayments from guests into her own account around Thanksgiving. While the vast majority of CMs are honorable a handful of bad apples could cause problems for guests. Hackers IMO could do far more damage with the requested information from Disney Guests.

We know smart phones can be hacked especially when used with unsecured WiFi. Your data is on your Disney account, if you want to change an ADR or a FP+ you access your Disney account by the unsecured WiFi in the hotel or parks. Disney has explained the beauty and convenience of the system yet if you sign into your account over their WiFi in room or parks you Agree to their disclaimer before you connect to their WiFi. As you said you saw guests around the parks this winter with laptops and I Pads, how does a guest know if any of these people sitting on a bench or curb are not fishing, cloning or hacking for information while you open your Disney account on a non secured WiFi of Disney's? So to answer your question it is not necessarily Disney using private info against just putting guests in the position to take more risky behaviors with their personal data all the while covering themselves with disclaimers. Some of these practices are not best practices, for credit card fraud, to not always requiring a pin, to encourage use of a web system that uses unsecured WiFi on their property that guests must acknowledge knowing it isn't secured. And if you don't agree then certain options are no longer available to that guest. IMO that is manipulative.

The FTC at the end of last year estimated that 9 million of us per year have our identity stolen in the US. It is the top complaint to the FTC. FTC estimates 10,000 separate identity theft rings are currently operating within the US and is the fasting growing crime ring.

Now how all of the privacy concerns raised by Congressman Markey to Disney relates to you not being detained or not being killed by a drone relates to the topic how? I cannot make that correlation to the topic at hand. As for your post of "In other words, you don't know," was such an incomplete sentence I don't even know what you are accusing me of not knowing, I don't know what?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ah, so now it has to do with using unsecured Wi-Fi in the parks.

Let's get back to talking about refusing to submit an email address, shall we?

One thing at a time.

The Disney Parks and Resorts Merchandise contact details have been changed. The new email address is merchandise.guest.services@disneyparks.com. The phone number is 877-560-6477

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Ah, so now it has to do with using unsecured Wi-Fi in the parks.
    Appears what you are missing is there are multiple concerns with the entire Disney RFID that were raised before and after Markey's letter to Iger.

I had to ask you twice what IT you were speaking of. Pronouns make your posts difficult to follow, the use of nouns are helpful. I moved on when you wouldn't clarify. Now you are ready, but I bored with asking repeatedly.

Let's get back to talking about refusing to submit an email address, shall we?

I outlined quite a bit already for you in a previous post and as I said there are hours worth of information to read on the web if not days depending on your interest level, beyond that I think it is time you took some of your own advice.

It's shocking when somebody responds sternly to another who is too lazy to do even the lightest research on a subject they are raising serious questions about. Especially someone with an entire staff at their disposal.
    I am assuming you know how to use a search engine, if not there isn't much hope for comprehending IP addresses. I do not have staff to research information for you. Educate yourself and then if it is still confusing to you I'm willing to help you as I am sure others will be. If you are too lazy, not my problem.

One thing at a time.
    We, meaning many members other than just you, were covering multiple aspects of RFID at WDW as was Markey. You are under the misconception that you can hijack the thread and limit our discussion to one aspect at a time. Suggestion, start a thread of your own and boss members around there if you wish to set limitations on other members discussions.

I started this thread to keep new tech launches together in one place. I don't want this one to get closed by a moderator, it would be disappointing.

I clarified myself several times for your benefit. you took two days to respond to my post, mostly because you are seemingly powerless to comprehend anything that either of us say, while at the same time changing the conversation entirely and trying to make t look like it is my fault.

The conversation between Doc and myself was strictly concerning privacy issues and emails addresses.

PERIOD!

You jumped in as though you had something to say, then when called on it you floundered and flailed, changed the entire focus of the conversation, made passive-aggressive insults, and laid the blame on me.

This is the same pattern you follow any time someone calls you for one of your ill-considered remarks. And because I am tired of dealing with such a delusional personality I will be placing you on ignore and no longer interact with you in any way.

This will be my last post to you, and most likely my last post on this board since it is pretty much dominated by you and the negative light you constantly cast Disney in to begin with. It almost sociopathic in nature.

No need for a moderator to close this thread.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 02-02-2013 at 10:48 AM.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Well Mo, I certainly don't think you need to stop posting on the board over disagreements. I think that an internet forum is the perfect place to engage in hearty debate.

I applaud Disney's attempts at creating new technology to prevent fake tickets and such and even for bringing free wi-fi into the parks and resorts. I also feel that the time and money put into these technological advances could have been better spent on enhancing the guest experience and address faltering attractions.

Just because HG or I disagree over what Disney decides to do with their money and OUR park doesn't mean there's no love there. If I stopped loving and supporting an organization because of stupid decisions, I would have burned all my Browns stuff years ago.
    Mo Noyz likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

We've already been over your Browns.

I still think you've got some good things to look forward to.

And Art is dead...

I've let my animosity toward Art Modell go a long time ago and certainly never cheered his death like some Browns fans. He was someone's husband, dad and grandpa and I can respect that. I can also appreciate the charity work he did for years while in Cleveland. I certainly have no desire to see the Ravens win another Super Bowl though. And if I hear one more word about Ray Lewis, I may puke.

Geez, if we get this passionate over WDW be thankful we don't discuss politics.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Very thankful. Because I'm a political nerd...

Me too! Political Science Major here!

FP+ is being introduced and is in testing for Be Our Guest, Quick Service restaurant.

Interesting concept, it will be interesting to see how different a FP+ is from and ADR.
    Wondering how many more QS restaurants will receive FP+ system and how quick
    that will make counter service dining for guests on the whole.

MousePlanet reporting:

The exit "goodbye" scene from "it's a small world" now sports signs that will double as interactive screens for Disney's Story Maker activity. Photo by J. Jeff Kober.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    FP+ is being introduced and is in testing for Be Our Guest, Quick Service restaurant.

Interesting concept, it will be interesting to see how different a FP+ is from and ADR.
    Wondering how many more QS restaurants will receive FP+ system and how quick
    that will make counter service dining for guests on the whole.
    They've tested this already in December, they just seem to be repeating the test, with preselected guests, presumably to iron out some details.

All it allows the guest to do is pre-order their food via the web site and when they will arrive, then they show up, pay at an express register, get their rose and go sit down. Their food will be delivered to the table (which happens for everyone). I'm not sure that they actually hold a table for you or anything - only perhaps put you at the head of the list to get food or something.

Not even sure what kind of leeway you are given on the arrival time. I assume there is at least some of not the usual full hour, but that also means they likely can't have the food already prepared and waiting...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Yeah, I was aware of the test before and the troubles, many that they had. DS felt he would have been better off after being a genie pig going in the stand-bye queue.

Can't believe I am talking about a stand-bye queue for a quick service counter restaurant.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast