Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss New WDW Tech Launches in the News & Rumors forums; So many new WDW Tech Launches are happening. I've decided to try an open a new thread to kind of keep them together instead of opening new threads for each. ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

New WDW Tech Launches

So many new WDW Tech Launches are happening. I've decided to try an open a new thread to kind of keep them together instead of opening new threads for each. We'll see if that works.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Re: New WDW Tech Launches

The New Fastpass + will offer reserved areas for Illuminations.

It is in testing for now. The two sections Fastpass + will take over is near Germany and in World Showcase Plaza.

Soon FP+ will also allow guests to also pick their preferred viewing areas for Disney shows, parades and fireworks displays.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

WDW Launching an all new Website to support NextGen tech.

It will support all of guests planning needs for the entire WDW property. It is up sporadically now as DisneyWorld.com but all new. It is being said that this version is Apple friendly. Guests won't need Flash to operate this version making the use of IPhone and IPad while in the parks easier to make plans.

Part of the reworked website is My Disney Experience. It will give the guests the ability to keep track of all of their FP+, ADRs and photopasses. It will start with guests reservations being plugged into their MDE they create.

BoG Quick Service

BoG is offering through the new Disney website the ability for guests to pick their menu choices and lunch time in advance of their arrival to the QS venue. When guests arrive at the ADR time they will be ushered through a dedicated line to just pay and receive their Rose and the lunch will be brought right out to the guest.

Disney has launched their NextGen RFID at the Park entrances this week that they tested last year.
    Tweaking of the main entrances will continue to accommodate the RFID readers.

DTD now has free WiFi.

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for these updates Gabe much appreciated, quick question where do you get most of your news and info from?
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The New Fastpass + will offer reserved areas for Illuminations.

It is in testing for now. The two sections Fastpass + will take over is near Germany and in World Showcase Plaza.

Soon FP+ will also allow guests to also pick their preferred viewing areas for Disney shows, parades and fireworks displays.
    This might be the most ridiculous thing they've dreamt up yet.

Not to mention it highlights one of the most pervasive problems with modern day society, in general. Everybody wants their own personalized surroundings, and the rest of the world can go to hades...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanNJ93 View Post
    Thanks for these updates Gabe much appreciated, quick question where do you get most of your news and info from?
    Disney Blog and my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post

Not to mention it highlights one of the most pervasive problems with modern day society, in general. Everybody wants their own personalized surroundings, and the rest of the world can go to hades...
    My thought was between these new FP+, Dessert Parties, Special Events, where does everyone else get to stand?
    Same problem with the Castle Projection show. My son new where to drag me to but a decent chunk of stand-able ground to view castle was reserved for someone else.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's just wrong.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post

Agreed. Of all the things Disney needs to worry about fixing, how people watch parades isn't one of them. It has always annoyed me that people feel the need to plan every minute of their trip, including parades now??

The one ray of sunshine of all of this is that people will stop treating Main Street like they do the beach, spreading their cr@p all over the sidewalk to hold space for a parade that isn't taking place for another 90 minutes or more. Nutty.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Agree supernova people don't understand what it means to vacation anyone, me and my family go on vacation to escape reality and go with the flow so many people are crazy about planning minute by minute that I don't know how they can enjoy their vacation
    supernova likes this.
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I agree with you both. I don't even like making ADR's. I made three for our trip this week. That's a record setting number for me. But, getting day of rezzies during the holiday season can be nearly impossible.

We only make ADRs that's about the extent of our day by day planning, often times we wake up in the morning and have no plan on where or what to do that day we just go with the flow. We also like people watching while others rush to the buses at the end of the day. It's funny to watch people running and have break downs because of stress, relax people your in WDW
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast