Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss Monorail - Walt Disney World / Disney Land in the News & Rumors forums; Okay , the Monorail is my favorite ride , and yes I know it's not considered an "attraction" at WDW but it is a ride/attraction at Disneyland. So, however you ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Monorail - Walt Disney World / Disney Land

Okay, the Monorail is my favorite ride, and yes I know it's not considered an "attraction" at WDW but it is a ride/attraction at Disneyland. So, however you slice the pie it's still a ride to me, anyways, I was curious, so while on Youtube, I did a virtual ride up front on the California Disneyland monorail. I was interested to see what it looked like and what the view of the park looked like.

I really want to go to Disneyland California one day to not only ride the Monorail up front, but to see all the things there that we don't have here, in addition to the nuances of the same rides.

Anyways, I know its nerdy but I don't care.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Monorail - Walt Disney World / Disney Land

While I was at BTMRR in WDW, they did an exchange deal, and i won a contest to go to Disneyland in Anaheim to work as a CM at BTMRR there. Very different ride, as far as technology goes, similar in some ways but very different in alot of ways
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

I know it seemed kinda off topic, but I was only pointing out how the "same" attraction can be completely different elsewhere.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Its kinda llike how the Skyway in DLR passed through the Matterhorn, while the Skyway at WDW only went to and from Tomorrowland and fantasyland

i-neighborhood Guest

I wanna go. Its things like that would be interesting. Is BTMRR better there or at WDW.

I like the ride itself at DLR, But the queue setup and storyline is better at wdw. My next venture is going to be to DLP, to ride the btmrr there. Its queue and station is on the mainland, but the mountain and ride itself is on an island, where Tom Sawyers Island should be. It ducks underneath the river to get there

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Still think something is going to happen to Sawyer and maybe Liberty Ferry sooner or later. Underutilized and a big footprint of land. The water area is really a concrete pool not a marsh so it would be easy to bulldoze and create something different. It would look so strange for that transition area to change.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Still think something is going to happen to Sawyer and maybe Liberty Ferry sooner or later. Underutilized and a big footprint of land. The water area is really a concrete pool not a marsh so it would be easy to bulldoze and create something different. It would look so strange for that transition area to change.

I wouldn't mind some changes, but hope they keep some of the adventure aspect, my son likes to go the Island and pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    They put in a Pirate themed area on TSI at DL. I dont see them pulling the riverboat out or filling the river, as it would require shutting down 3 attractions to do that. The rivers of america is manmade, but it connects to a natural bog. Also the element of BTM where it trestles out onto the river slightly.....

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh but if they did something over in that footprint they would have to find something that fit both Liberty Square and Frontierland, or make 2 separate attractions that had a smooth transition...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Well the transition is already kinda......abrupt......for Liberty Square and Frontierland..... But as Mr. Disney said.... "Its kinda fun to do the impossible"

i-neighborhood Guest

They could tear down some of those gift shops and that seasonal Diamond Horseshoe and put one or two new attractions, especially since they shouldn't need that one corner for princess meet and greet. But hey, I guess saying tear down a gift shop isn't magic to Disney. If Cali can pack more in MK at WDW should be able to do the same.

I dont even thing the Diamond Horseshoe is seasonal..... I didnt really see it used for anything else other than events like Mickeys not so scary and Mickeys very merry christmas..... I also saw it open for the pirate and princess party...

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Well the transition is already kinda......abrupt......for Liberty Square and Frontierland..... But as Mr. Disney said.... "Its kinda fun to do the impossible"
    And they just messed with Liberty and the Mansion with Fantasyland with the Tangled Tower peeking out.

They seemed to have parted ways transitions, Tomorrowland and Circus now meet too.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    They could tear down some of those gift shops and that seasonal Diamond Horseshoe and put one or two new attractions, especially since they shouldn't need that one corner for princess meet and greet. But hey, I guess saying tear down a gift shop isn't magic to Disney. If Cali can pack more in MK at WDW should be able to do the same.
    Where you get the Citrus Swirl, the restaurant in that area has been abandoned forever for the most part. They just divided it in half and stuck Tink and friends in there. Talk about a strange place transition wise for Tink to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast