Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ohiodisneydad
  • 1 Post By ohiodisneydad
Miscellaneous Discuss Just got back in the News & Rumors forums; Just got back home from the second home. It was wonderful. I'll type out a quick review later but here are some things I wanted to share. 1) Be Our ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Just got back

Just got back home from the second home. It was wonderful. I'll type out a quick review later but here are some things I wanted to share.

1) Be Our Guest is amazing, at least for lunch. We never even tried to get in for dinner
    2) Pop Century's menu has changed and it's horrible. Gone is the Philly Cheese Steak Wrap, the cold Asian noodle Salad and on the menu is a terrible french bread pizza and the most horrific Beef Stroganoff I have ever tasted. It had diced dill pickles in it. Now, I LOVE pickles. Deep fried, kosher, dill bread/butter...there's no such thing as a bad pickle but they didn't belong in that dish.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Just got back

I will have to check out Be our Guest. Sounds like you had a good time. Was the Bakery reopen? Mixed reports about its reopening date.

Did you do MK or all the parks?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Are you sure the beef dish wasn't supposed to be rouladen? That has pickles in it. And if you put too much of them in it, the results aren't appetizing.

Welcome back, though. Look forward to a full report!

Oh, and I'm a huge pickle fiend as well. Always have a gallon jar of dills in the fridge.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

If you mean Main Street Bakery, no it was not open.

We did all four parks, spending two days at MK.

Maybe they made rouladen and called is stroganoff. They should have called it nasty.

Lots of construction walls resort wide. No signs of life at Sounds Dangerous in DHS. Even the sign is gone!
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

i-neighborhood Guest

Sounds like you had fun except a few bad food experiences. I've had a few of those there but try to stay with what I know.

Did y'all get to try the new Pirates Adventure Treasure of the Seven Seas. It may not have been open.

What's was the best part of your trip? Do you guys have some favorites?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I don't think it's open, yet. They've had some "soft "openings, but that's all I've heard about.