Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Miscellaneous Discuss Walt Disney World New Prices as of June 2, 2013 in the News & Rumors forums; Posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd put it here as well. Trivia question of the day: what was the last year where Disney did not impose a price increase on ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Walt Disney World New Prices as of June 2, 2013

Posted elsewhere, but I thought I'd put it here as well.

Trivia question of the day: what was the last year where Disney did not impose a price increase on their tickets?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The thing is that no example was necessary, was it?

Every year my water bill goes up, my power bill goes up, my trash bill goes up, my insurance premiums, grocery bill, on and on and on.

No need to single out Disney as though they're doing something nobody else is.
    The difference is none of those other folks put out a press release that spins the uptick in out of pocket costs as a positive thing for the public/customer base instead of what it really is.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's not entirely true either.

There is almost always "so we can help serve you/the community in some blah blah blah blah fashion."

i-neighborhood Guest

The greedy are never content. I remember years back there was an opportunity to make solar energy affordable to every household but the government blocked it for big businesses that filled their coffers instead of the great benefit to society and those that voted to put them in office.

Then of course here in Florida they like to tell us we can't wash our cars or water lawns because there's a water shortage. The problem is they will penalize you even if you have your own private well, while those in power break the rules and get a pass. Our former mayor did so, had the highest water bill in Hillsborough county, lol, no joke, all while we were under water ban, but his grass was plush and green as WDW Magic Kingdoms.

Then there's that post I posted in Random Thoughts regarding the Glaziers and their pot of gold they found at the end of the Rainbow in Tampa out of the taxpayers pockets.

I could talk about the software giant @ symbols too but I think I made my point that I'm tired of all these companies or government entities that need money, increase or a bailout while we constantly foot the bill for the same old song and dance.

Disney is no different, except its the Happiest Place on Earth - is this the spot where I should put a disclaimer, fine print or make clear that I don't get paid to promote, advertise or say anything on their behalf, in fact I'm paying them.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I watch different news programs throughout the day passing my work day along, it gives me more balanced info. All but ABC spoke of the major/mega price increase today. I didn't pay attention Disneyland was cheaper than WDW, I thought everything in Cali was more expensive.

CBS just broke it down to the average family of 4 to walk into the park for a day $368. It has been a long time since I purchased tickets from a booth, normally it is a package so it is just generally one GRAND number so I don't have to think about it. Now my DS just books everything and tells me what is going to appear on my Credit Card.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I saw this posted on The Disney Blog today.

5 years ago it was just $65 for an adult one park ticket. Compared to $95, that’s around a 33% increase.

Other than the price of gas, can you think of anything else that has gone up 33% in cost the last three years?

According to the Department or Labor’s consumer price index (CPI), the average price increase has been 9% in the last 5 years. So Disney is definitely way ahead of the normal pace of price increases.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

Speculation that milk could reach 6 to 9 dollars for a gallon anytime between now and the next year. back in 2007 increases were blamed on ethanol - much has been attributed to ethanol including increase and degradation in gas prices and the quality of gas, but now there some buzz about a new formula to price milk. I say that the American dream should not only be a car in every garage and chicken in every pot, but also a cow in every back yard and and cheap gas prices for spreading all that freedom in Iraq and setting up the Saudis with the ability to pump to begin with. Maybe someone at Disney needs a golden parachute and thus the increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I saw this posted on The Disney Blog today.

5 years ago it was just $65 for an adult one park ticket. Compared to $95, that’s around a 33% increase.

Other than the price of gas, can you think of anything else that has gone up 33% in cost the last three years?

According to the Department or Labor’s consumer price index (CPI), the average price increase has been 9% in the last 5 years. So Disney is definitely way ahead of the normal pace of price increases.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Waaaaah!!!!!

If you're not happy with the increase, STOP GOING!

It's called voting with your wallet.

i-neighborhood Guest

And there he goes with his condescending abject attitude. But it could be worse I could have to live with him. Now that would be tragic and I would have to what an @ symbol

As long as the two of you are going to sit around and whine and cry about the price increases, I'll continue to point out the illogical immaturity involved when the both of you will continue to purchase tickets there anyway.

If you are truly that distraught by it all, or want to teach the "greedy" a lesson, there is no more powerful weapon at your disposal than your wallet. But I realize that's not your real concern.

Funny how my attitude is somehow abject, but your constant running down of everything Disney, on a website devoted TO fans of Disney isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Waaaaah!!!!!

If you're not happy with the increase, STOP GOING!

It's called voting with your wallet.
    Maverick!

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Speculation that milk could reach 6 to 9 dollars for a gallon anytime between now and the next year. back in 2007 increases were blamed on ethanol - much has been attributed to ethanol including increase and degradation in gas prices and the quality of gas, but now there some buzz about a new formula to price milk. I say that the American dream should not only be a car in every garage and chicken in every pot, but also a cow in every back yard and and cheap gas prices for spreading all that freedom in Iraq and setting up the Saudis with the ability to pump to begin with. Maybe someone at Disney needs a golden parachute and thus the increase.
    Well I won't tell you to stop complaining and to walk if you aren't happy with the gas prices, it's condescending and patronizing. It is a good analogy.

Mine is, I still sent my DD to one of the top Universities in the country even though the price doubled in 10 years. Can't say I am HAPPY about the cost out pacing inflation/CPI nor would I encourage my DD to stop going, that would be obtuse. I cannot fix the pricing structure nor do I ignorantly endorse it or pretentiously pretend to be HAPPY about it so I can relate to your frustration. But what type of consumer would be HAPPY about hefty price increase? Maybe one who failed Intro to Economics 101, I fail to comprehend hefty increases bringing happiness to a consumer.

Hahahaha...good analogy!

Um, yeah. Gasoline is analogous to WDW.

What is likely a necessity for one to be able to function within, and be a part of society, to allow them to hold gainful and steady employment so that they can be contributors to society by making money to give them purchasing power, pay taxes, give to charities, own their own home or pay for clean, sanitary, and secure dwelling, or pretty much have any standard level of comfortable living, is the same as going to a friggin theme park?!

Sorry, unless you next posit that breathing oxygen is analogous to attending a theme park, this will have been the worst analogy this board has ever seen.

Walking because the price of gas is too high isn't even in the same galaxy as refusing to attend a theme park because the ticket prices are too high.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 06-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.

i-neighborhood Guest

I can think of the worst this board has ever seeen. The abject posts here for the sole purpose of argument. I think he gets the point but if not maybe he will in the end.

i-neighborhood Guest

AND he admits he's stalking us. I will say perhaps this board isn't safe I feel threatened by this type of behavior. It's not normal

I listed many of the ways gasoline is needed in order for us to survive.

Please list just one way that WDW is needed in order for us to survive.

For extra credit, please post a link to the post where I "admitted to stalking" either of you lemonheads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast